Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Taiko - The Drum Warframe

Kai

With each strike of the drums, the sound of the beat, the rhythm filled me. I sat down as I watched him play his notes. So full of life and power yet, increasing as he continued to play. As he struck the final note, I stood up, approaching him with intent of protection yet he declined. He knew the war was coming but would not retreat from his brothers as he knew they couldn't do it without him. His determinations were strong yet he knew the outcome of the battle. 

I held his hand, urging him to flee. He took out a single drum and played a note, a promise that he would return. The hour has arrived, letting go of my hand as he walked away from me. His drums dancing around him, initiating the music and signaling the start of the fight. I fled to my safety as I saw him join the others before heading towards the battlefield. The war with the Sentient.

I watched over them, sending ships to evacuate the injured while some continued to fight. It started strong, the music of his drums filled the battlefield, surging each of his brothers and sisters with power to overcome their enemies but when the beat stopped, one by one they fell to their foes. 

As everything came to a stop, the conclusion of the war, many have been slain yet I can hear him but none were his. I tried to look for him in hopes that he might still be alive but as my search continued, the sound slowly faded away. I believe he is still out there yet decades has passed and not a single sound. But I still believe he'll rise once more to signal and aid the upcoming war.

CODEX

Taiko combines the power and rhythm of his attacks to empower his allies and weaken the morale of his foes. When Taiko starts the beat, follow his lead and you’ll surely defeat your enemies.

Lotus: “This is Taiko, the enduring and the beacon of hope. “

“He stands in the frontlines, empowering his allies with his music. Can you play the rhythm, Tenno?”

Taiko is a drummer-themed Warframe. Utilizing a unique stance to start his drums, he controls the battlefield through means of music, strengthening his allies while crippling his foes, all while attacking.

BASE STATS

·          Health: 125 (350 at Rank 30)

·          Power: 100

·          Shields: 50 (150 at Rank 30)

·          Armor: 600

·          Sprint Speed: 1.1

ABILITIES

PassiveEcho and Defiance

Taiko’s gains bonus 5% Power Range and is affected by the multiplier from his Combo Counter. Additionally, Taiko cannot be interrupted while performing Melee attacks.

War Drums 25 Energy | Drains 2.5 Energy per second active

Taiko unleashes his four war drums to strike his foes and start the march. Granting him a unique stance and overriding the stance of the currently equipped melee weapon. Completing a Combo will trigger the effects associated with it.

·          Normal Attacks deals 60 / 100 / 140 / 200 base damage within 3 meters. Wall Attacks, Slide Attacks and Aerial Attacks deals 120 / 200 / 350 / 500 base damage for each strike. Slam Attacks deals 200 base damage.

·          While in War Drum Stance, Combos can be chained to trigger effects much quicker. (e.g: First Step to Rhythmic Crush to First Step to Eternal Surge, etc).

·          Bolded Numbers can be modified by Power Range, Power Strength, Power Efficiency and Power Duration.

·          First Step: (E, E, E, E)

o    Grants additional 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% Attack Speed to Taiko and his allies.

·          Rhythmic Crush: (E, E, Pause, E, E)

o    Grants allies a stacking 3% / 4% / 5% / 6% chance to proc Impact damage on their attacks. Performing Rhythmic Crush again increases the chance and refreshes the duration up to a maximum of 5 times.

·          Isolated Beat: (E, RMB+E, E, E, E)

o    Causes enemy units that are isolated within 4 meters to receive 7.5% / 10% / 12.5 / 15% additional damage from Taiko and his allies.

·          Eternal Surge: (E, E, Hold E)

o    Eternal Surge can be maintained for up 4 seconds. Stores 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 damage for each second Eternal Surge is maintained and causing Taiko and his ally’s next attack to deal the stored damage. Up to a maximum of 200 / 240 / 320 / 400 additional damage.

·          Swift Note: (E, Slide + E) or (E, Wall Dash + E)

o    Drags all enemy units within 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 meters of Taiko during Swift Flow.

·          Lord’s Exclamation: (In Air + E)

o    Slows all enemy units within 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 meters by 30%..

·          Last Music: (Knockdowned Enemy + E)

o    Causes all enemy units within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters to deal 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% 30% reduced damage.

Drum Charge 30 Energy

Taiko walks forward while slamming his War Drums in front of him, dealing heavy damage while blocking incoming enemy fire.

·          Deals 120 / 200 / 340 / 500 Impact damage with each slam. Lasts for 4 seconds.

·          Taiko’s movement speed is reduced by 20% while Drum Charge is active and the radius is 5 meters.

·          The War Drums itself will block incoming enemy fire but will move itself vertically, leaving short periods of window to be vulnerable in certain places.

·          Taiko can still perform Melee Attacks while Drum Charge is active. Attacking while Drum Charge is active will re-position his War Drums, allowing him to block incoming attacks in other directions.

·          Bolded Numbers can be modified by Power Range, Power Strength, Power Efficiency and Power Duration.

Second Set 10 Energy

Taiko exchanges the effects of his Combos while in War Drum Stance.

·          Requires Taiko to be in War Drum Stance in order to activate Second Set.

·          First Step increases Taiko’s Melee Counter by x0.25.

·          Rhythmic Crush will instead give a chance to inflict Puncture damage.

·          Isolated Beat grants allies that are 4 meters away from each other bonus 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 Armor.

·          Eternal Surge will recover 1 / 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.2 Health each second maintained.

·          Swift Note now ignores unit collision and restores 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 Energy per enemy unit in contact.

·          Lord’s Exclamation taunts enemy units to attacking Taiko.

·          Last Music will now instantly restore 10% of Taiko and his ally’s shields.

Final Beat 50 Energy, Drains 10 Energy per second

Taiko slams his War Drums around him and stands ground, rendering him immune to crowd control effects and granting him increased Armor. While active, Taiko will periodically release a powerful sound blast around him while aiding his allies.

·          Deals 300 / 800 / 1,100 / 1,500 Impact damage upon initiating and grants additional 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% Armor while active.

·          Every 3 seconds, Taiko releases a wave that deals 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 Impact damage within 20 meters. Each enemy struck by a wave contributes to hit Melee Counter which persists for 6 seconds after ending Final Beat.

·          While active, grants his allies +50% revival speed and temporary immunity to crowd control for 5 seconds upon reviving an ally or being revived.

·          Taiko cannot move while Final Beat is active.

Upcoming Updates: Concept Quest that expands more on Taiko’s Background. Number and Concept Refining. 

Edited by AlterDevil

With each strike of the drums, the sound of the beat, the rhythm filled me. I sat down as I watched him play his notes. So full of life and power yet, increasing as he continued to play. As he struck the final note, I stood up, approaching him with intent of protection yet he declined. He knew the war was coming but would not retreat from his brothers as he knew they couldn't do it without him. His determinations were strong yet he knew the outcome of the battle. 

I held his hand, urging him to flee. He took out a single drum and played a note, a promise that he would return. The hour has arrived, letting go of my hand as he walked away from me. His drums dancing around him, initiating the music and signaling the start of the fight. I fled to my safety as I saw him join the others before heading towards the battlefield. The war with the Sentient.

I watched over them, sending ships to evacuate the injured while some continued to fight. It started strong, the music of his drums filled the battlefield, surging each of his brothers and sisters with power to overcome their enemies but when the beat stopped, one by one they fell to their foes. 

As everything came to a stop, the conclusion of the war, many have been slain yet I can hear him but none were his. I tried to look for him in hopes that he might still be alive but as my search continued, the sound slowly faded away. I believe he is still out there yet decades has passed and not a single sound. But I still believe he'll rise once more to signal and aid the upcoming war.

Lotus: “This is Taiko, the enduring and the beacon of hope. “

“He stands in the frontlines, empowering his allies with his music. Can you play the rhythm, Tenno?”

Taiko is a drummer-themed Warframe. Utilizing a unique stance to start his drums, he controls the battlefield through means of music, strengthening his allies while crippling his foes, all while attacking.

BASE STATS

·          Health: 125 (350 at Rank 30)

·          Power: 100

·          Shields: 50 (150 at Rank 30)

·          Armor: 600

·          Sprint Speed: 1.1

ABILITIES

PassiveEcho and Defiance

Taiko’s gains bonus 5% Power Range and is affected by the multiplier from his Combo Counter. Additionally, Taiko cannot be interrupted while performing Melee attacks.

War Drums 25 Energy | Drains 2.5 Energy per second active

Taiko unleashes his four war drums to strike his foes and start the march. Granting him a unique stance and overriding the stance of the currently equipped melee weapon. Completing a Combo will trigger the effects associated with it.

·          Normal Attacks deals 60 / 100 / 140 / 200 base damage within 3 meters. Wall Attacks, Slide Attacks and Aerial Attacks deals 120 / 200 / 350 / 500 base damage for each strike. Slam Attacks deals 200 base damage.

·          While in War Drum Stance, Combos can be chained to trigger effects much quicker. (e.g: First Step to Rhythmic Crush to First Step to Eternal Surge, etc).

Drum Charge 30 Energy

Taiko walks forward while slamming his War Drums in front of him, dealing heavy damage while blocking incoming enemy fire.

·          Deals 120 / 200 / 340 / 500 Impact damage with each slam. Lasts for 4 seconds.

·          Taiko’s movement speed is reduced by 20% while Drum Charge is active and the radius is 5 meters.

·          The War Drums itself will block incoming enemy fire but will move itself vertically, leaving short periods of window to be vulnerable in certain places.

·          Taiko can still perform Melee Attacks while Drum Charge is active. Attacking while Drum Charge is active will re-position his War Drums, allowing him to block incoming attacks in other directions.

Second Set 10 Energy

Taiko exchanges the effects of his Combos while in War Drum Stance.

·          Requires Taiko to be in War Drum Stance in order to activate Second Set.

Final Beat 50 Energy, Drains 10 Energy per second

Taiko slams his War Drums around him and stands ground, rendering him immune to crowd control effects and granting him increased Armor. While active, Taiko will periodically release a powerful sound blast around him while aiding his allies.

·          Deals 300 / 800 / 1,100 / 1,500 Impact damage upon initiating and grants additional 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% Armor while active.

·          Every 3 seconds, Taiko releases a wave that deals 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 Impact damage within 20 meters. Each enemy struck by a wave contributes to hit Melee Counter which persists for 6 seconds after ending Final Beat.

·          While active, grants his allies +50% revival speed and temporary immunity to crowd control for 5 seconds upon reviving an ally or being revived.

·          Taiko cannot move while Final Beat is active.

Upcoming Updates: Concept Quest that expands more on Taiko’s Background. Number and Concept Refining. 

He's not really a music warframe, he sounds (no pun intended) more like a drum themed warframe than a music themed warframe.

inb4 Taiko drum game plug

Seriously though...this warframe seems more like a joke than something that would be added, we are supposed to be ninja's, not drum masters >.>

Still didn't stop DE from releasing a pirate warframe (Hydroid) and a stage magician warframe (Limbo).

Edited by IronWolfKnight

He's not really a music warframe, he sounds (no pun intended) more like a drum themed warframe than a music themed warframe.

Even so, I saw the name and was instantly annoyed, if the name was more original (and not the name of a game line that's HUGE in japanese arcades, or rather similar to it at least) I might be more interested.  Second, a legit break down

Passive Ability: Since when is this a thing for starters, and secondly, why in the bloody blazes would they EVER give a frame an ability that boosts power range, gives 'stacks' of ability damage boosts and makes them immune to being melee canceled, just, why, why would any one think this is a good idea, the only frame that gets something like this is Rhino, and that's only with iron skin and only affect CC.

Ability One: So....he gets to go into battle with two melee, one of which does super special things depending on the melee combo you pull off making it essentially 7 different abilities and a second melee/stance combo....right...

Ability Two: A portable, directional frost shield that counts as yet another weapon, and only has brief moments of vulnerability

Ability Three: So...this makes his two have 7 abilities to go with it like the one....

Ability Four: So it's an AoE Nuke, A self Buff, and a Party buff, with pulsing AoE damage to boot...yeah no, I shouldn't have to say anything on that one.