Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Datamined Mission Rewards Are Bad. If True, Please Change Them.

Kyrkitao

DE_Steve, I have a question!

How does it feel to be captain of the ship, standing at the wheel, looking down on the deck of the SS Warframe?

There are people running and screaming. Women weep, men gnash their teeth. There is violence amongst the crew, and order has long since fled. Innocents are pushed overboard, and many parts of the visible deck are on fire. The ship is listing badly to the left, the sails are torn, the lookout is dead after falling and being entangled in the ropes. The bow is sinking and the ship is taking on water. The rats are fleeing where they can; where they can't, they are being eaten by the desperate crew and passengers to stave off death's cold embrace for a few precious minutes. The flag, proudly flying its pink shorts across the yellow field, has been shredded.

From your perch at the wheel, how do you feel?

Nope, but was that the context of the answer?

I think you need to use some fusion cores to upgrade your Damage Control mod, or let Rebecca handle the PR.

I can respect that, as a human being and a developer you are taking the brunt of the heat at the moment which may explain some of your shall I say, snaky comments. Please remember that you reflect on DE and nothing can ever be deleted from the internet.

Edited by Grimdarkwolf

Mod = No specific zone or mob that drops them. All mobs have a chance to drop any mod, some with slightly better chances for certain types.

And dont forget that 50% of mods is Ability.png which in my opinion should not be in drop list.

Edited by Keetsune

I hear you, but man - DOTA2 is a bit different, right? Its a bit like telling a local book seller you should copy Amazon.

Not quite. True that DotA 2's character designs are free so technically they need to earn from cosmetics, but the fact that a character is overpriced is kind of... wrong.

Taking an equivalent is actually LoL. There, you have a certain amount of grinding (give or take for wins and losses) or you could just pay $10 and be over with. Other than that, there are skins that just tidies your character up (or rough them up some more) and they mostly cost below $10. It's a good concept design to follow given that this game also has some grinding going on similar to LoL (although the time duration of grind varies too greatly due to RNG and not pure statistics).

Hey Steve, any chance you could tell me the rarity of circuit drops? I feel as though since the alloy plate buffs circuits have been harder to find.

I usually never get any circuits on europa (mostly rubedo since the moa event)

Jupiter is filled with salvage and i may get 0-2 circuit drops on a run.

Venus and Ceres both have circuits and alloy plates and im finding a ton more alloy plates than circuits. Again about 0-2 average per run

Edited by Kroul

DE_Steve, I have a question!

How does it feel to be captain of the ship, standing at the wheel, looking down on the deck of the SS Warframe?

There are people running and screaming. Women weep, men gnash their teeth. There is violence amongst the crew, and order has long since fled. Innocents are pushed overboard, and many parts of the visible deck are on fire. The ship is listing badly to the left, the sails are torn, the lookout is dead after falling and being entangled in the ropes. The bow is sinking and the ship is taking on water. The rats are fleeing where they can; where they can't, they are being eaten by the desperate crew and passengers to stave off death's cold embrace for a few precious minutes. The flag, proudly flying its pink shorts across the yellow field, has been shredded.

From your perch at the wheel, how do you feel?

Never better! Batten the hatches! This ship may have been dashed upon the rocks but she's got a strong frame and a crew who won't let 'er sink.

I hear you, but man - DOTA2 is a bit different, right? Its a bit like telling a local book seller you should copy Amazon.

You are missing the point

Different genres, same model, Free 2 Play model

And what I meant was, players like to pay small amounts to money, and get something nice they want, for example, you can't get most guns with 5 dollars, people feel that their money is worth very little in this game

Not quite. True that DotA 2's character designs are free so technically they need to earn from cosmetics, but the fact that a character is overpriced is kind of... wrong.

Taking an equivalent is actually LoL. There, you have a certain amount of grinding (give or take for wins and losses) or you could just pay $10 and be over with. Other than that, there are skins that just tidies your character up (or rough them up some more) and they mostly cost below $10. It's a good concept design to follow given that this game also has some grinding going on similar to LoL (although the time duration of grind varies too greatly due to RNG and not pure statistics).

LoL is not comparable. It'll take you thousands of hours to earn every champion for free. People say you only need to buy skins and then conveniently forget to mention that every champion is locked behind a week long grind paywall.

You are missing the point

Different genres, same model, Free 2 Play model

And what I meant was, players like to pay small amounts to money, and get something nice they want, for example, you can't get most guns with 5 dollars, people feel that their money is worth very little in this game

Not the same. 1 offers everything on the table that affects the game, another doesn't.

Never better! Batten the hatches! This ship may have been dashed upon the rocks but she's got a strong frame and a crew who won't let 'er sink.

Onwards, to victory! Follow the path set by the SS Star Trek the Game! After the Startanic! DIVE!

This quick witted response made me chuckle.  The only games comparable to this one is Mass effect 3 multiplayer (they're reward system is...kinda similar?)and Gunz for the frilly bouncing around style of combat.  But the ultimate concept behind this game that made it survive till now; no trading. The moment there's trading in the game it will be dead faster then a dodo. 

Gotta hand it to the game makers too for micro transactions. Not game breaking stuff, no buyer only items (only cosmetic junk), etc. We don't want another Nexon maplestory right? haha.  

Edited by kroska

LoL is not comparable. It'll take you thousands of hours to earn every champion for free. People say you only need to buy skins and then conveniently forget to mention that every champion is locked behind a week long grind paywall.

A 3 and a half day long paywall is not far off from a week, nor is grinding the mats, and blueprints

I was more responding to the phenomenon that is DOTA2 :)

O.o In-game currency cost vary between champions to be purchased actually. Interesting how someone forgot that as well. Guess he never played it at all to even know.

Edited by matrixEXO

A 3 and a half day long paywall is not far off from a week, nor is grinding the mats, and blueprints

Because sitting there looking at your foundry is clearly the same as being forced to log on every day to have a chance at keeping up with the champion release shedule.

Actually, it is comparable. With LoL, you can easily earn the 450 IP champs within 1~3 games each. Very easy for a newbie to get Ashe and keep her from start to finish. Also, you get Alistar and Tristana free for linking Youtube and Facebook to your account IIRC. So, from the start, you got at least 3 champs to keep. Then you grind IP or buy the other champs you want.

Warframe gives you 1 Frame to start. Then you grind your butt off or buy the others. Quite similar models in my eyes.

Because sitting there looking at your foundry is clearly the same as being forced to log on every day to have a chance at keeping up with the champion release shedule.

I'll take Vauban alerts for 500

Off-topic: Steve, I have to applaude you. You keep answering on this thread instead of just locking the thread, like I've seen done on many other MMO's forums. 

DERebecca is going to hate the amount of work she'll have tomorrow from this thread.

O.o In-game currency cost vary between champions to be purchased actually. Interesting how someone forgot that as well. Guess he never played it at all to even know.

You do realize there's something like 90+ champions now? Even if they only took an average of 1000 IP to unlock it would take you 600 games assuming you won every single one and only did one a day. 1.5 years to unlock the champions at that, conservative, rate.

Edit: Math's hard.

Edited by Excitonex

Off-topic: Steve, I have to applaude you. You keep answering on this thread instead of just locking the thread, like I've seen done on many other MMO's forums. 

Thanks man - Rebecca is going to kill me though. :)