Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Datamined Mission Rewards Are Bad. If True, Please Change Them.

Kyrkitao

was he able to datamine the alert chances?

i wanna get a ballpark of how many weeks i'm gonna have to wait for unforced vauban parts.

I don't go to reddit, but I wanted to credit (as far as what I could tell was) the original source. If (s)he has additional data, it's not readily available on that topic (and I don't intend to go looking for it on reddit).

The fact every clan blueprint I have bought to date has matched the values. Have you not been paying attention to the wiki or blueprints themselves? Also, those datamined values were posted on Reddit. Reddit =/= these values are false. I understand Reddit is not the most reliable source, but datamined values were proven to be true once before.

Scott confirmed they were true on the livestream. I'll find the point and edit when I find it.

"I just got blasted because people datamining the game for the blueprints."

Also, they allowed us to rush build to get to these placeholders quicker. You're okay with them taking money for incomplete stuff under the guise of it being player stupidity, despite there being no prior warning of them being incomplete weapons?

Thats cute, but he never actually commented on the validity of that data. He mentioned that people "datamined the values and were not happy" (paraphrased, obviously) so he will have to take a look at them. Nowhere in his comment has he confirmed (or denied) that the values were actually correct, just that the perceived results were too low according to the results the players have been getting.

Which, by the way is what I've been saying form the get go. From the context of what he was saying it seems like he hasn't actually looked at the datamined values, just knows they exist and are perceived as too low. Which, again, has been confirmed by both him and DERebecca on multiple occasions.

EDIT: As for personally watching BP drops or whatever, no single person will ever have the tools to determine their validity without access to full, gamewide (or at least large scale, 1000+ people over multiple runs) stats. Thats something that is out of our reach as a player. It is a good start for a research hypothesis, but not for a decent conclusion that would be scientifically valid.

EDIT2 (I really need to stop doing this, sorry:)

Reddit =/= these values are false.

A poster on Reddit has much more reasons to post BS data due to how reddit works which makes me additionally suspicious of their validity, especially since it lacks the things I was talking about.

Edited by JamnikPucek

Thats cute, but he never actually commented on the validity of that data. He mentioned that people "datamined the values and were not happy" so he will have to take a look at them. Nowhere in his comment has he confirmed (or denied) that the values were actually correct, just that the perceived results were too low according to the results the players have been getting.

Stop posting. Read up on the Wiki what the material costs for those weapons are and you will realise that those were valid. Most of them have been built by this point (Warbros being in the lead on research) and the values were confirmed.

You've played this game for around 190 hours, so you should damn well know that these numbers seem correct.

the dataminer also found that the new master thief mod doesn't have a drop rate outside of the pheonix mod pack
DE you better friggin hope he's lying.

i can understand a needed grind and rarity.
but this is just silly, to the point of impossible.

Stop posting. Read up on the Wiki what the material costs for those weapons are and you will realise that those were valid. Most of them have been built by this point (Warbros being in the lead on research) and the values were confirmed.

You've played this game for around 190 hours, so you should damn well know that these numbers seem correct.

Logical fallacy. One set of data being true does not mean that another one is true. Construction material costs are childishly easy to verify since they are provided for you in-game once you get to them. The same logic cannot be applied to drop rates.

How long have I played the game is not relevant to what I should or should not know. I do not have access to statistical data to even start drawing any conclusions about how things work internally. Again, no one of us has, no matter how long we've played this game.

Edited by JamnikPucek

Thats cute, but he never actually commented on the validity of that data. He mentioned that people "datamined the values and were not happy" so he will have to take a look at them. Nowhere in his comment has he confirmed (or denied) that the values were actually correct, just that the perceived results were too low according to the results the players have been getting.

The fact he mentioned them is confirmation they're accurate. If they weren't accurate he would surely say so, instead of admitting he has to go through the values because it's "fair".

Dude, just make any blueprint. They're on the wiki, they have been for days, and they're all 100% accurate right down to the weapon handling itself.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Flux_Rifle

Guarantee unless it's patched, those values will be accurate in 3 days time. I already have an Ogris. How did I know exactly what to build? Because the values were accurate.

gg you can't get flow from defense map

gg you can't get t3 raid from void key pack

These tables must only be for rewarding a completed mission. You can still get Flow from a defend mission by picking up mods on the ground. In fact, I got my first Flow by joining a defend mission and saw a mod lying 5 meters away and when I picked it up, it was a Flow.

While I cannot prove or dispute the presented data due to a lack of own data, I can confirm the "feel" of the presented findings. Sadly. I am aware of perceptive fallacies, and guesswork challenging data, but here is no interpretation, just a readout. And that readout makes me sad. A 2% echelon for rares is excrutiating, but would explain what I have been going through in the last ... 40ish void runs.

While I cannot prove or dispute the presented data due to a lack of own data, I can confirm the "feel" of the presented findings. Sadly. I am aware of perceptive fallacies, and guesswork challenging data, but here is no interpretation, just a readout. And that readout makes me sad. A 2% echelon for rares is excrutiating, but would explain what I have been going through in the last ... 40ish void runs.

Thank you for this post.

the dataminer also found that the new master thief mod doesn't have a drop rate outside of the pheonix mod pack

DE you better friggin hope he's lying.

i can understand a needed grind and rarity.

but this is just silly, to the point of impossible.

I've been praying for that mod to drop for the past few weeks, Goddammit.

Also why would it only appear in the second-highest mod pack? That doesn't even make sense. Why would they do that?

I've been praying for that mod to drop for the past few weeks, Goddammit.

Also why would it only appear in the second-highest mod pack? That doesn't even make sense. Why would they do that?

to fool you into thinking that it would be in the most expensive pack.

thus sucking you of even more money.

The fact he mentioned them is confirmation they're accurate. If they weren't accurate he would surely say so, instead of admitting he has to go through the values because it's "fair".

The fact that the drop rates was skewed was confirmed by DERebecca before the livestream if memory serves right. They were aware the rates were causing justified upset when they went in.

If I mention that there is data that women are inferior drivers does not mean that I agree with it. Or disagree with it. In fact, not confirming or denying such information leads to a very common scientific statement, which is "I don't know."

All I see from that part of the stream is that he confirms what was already said that the drop rates will be looked at and adjusted and there is upset in the playerbase over them. Nothing more, nor less.

BP mat requirements are flat values. Even if we assume that they were datamined, not rush-constructed and just reprinted form in game (or other sources, like internal leaks) , they re way easier to get to an parse then drop rates. Without seeing the actual body of data this is drawn from, I cannot say.

And again. Someone being right about those does not mean they are right about the drop rates. I do agree that the drop rates of especially the void keys seem silly right now, but lets not be silly with them and keep calm heads.

EDIT (Goddamit):

On a side note, take a look at some of the rage incurred by these numbers. I'd say that if I wanted to troll the playerbase into long winded posts like mine, mission accomplished!

Oh, wait...

Edited by JamnikPucek

The fact that the drop rates was skewed was confirmed by DERebecca before the livestream if memory serves right. They were aware the rates were causing justified upset when they went in.

If I mention that there is data that women are inferior drivers does not mean that I agree with it. Or disagree with it. In fact, not confirming or denying such information leads to a very common scientific statement, which is "I don't know."

All I see from that part of the stream is that he confirms what was already said that the drop rates will be looked at and adjusted and there is upset in the playerbase over them. Nothing more, nor less.

BP mat requirements are flat values. Even if we assume that they were datamined, not rush-constructed and just reprinted form in game (or other sources, like internal leaks) , they re way easier to get to an parse then drop rates. Without seeing the actual body of data this is drawn from, I cannot say.

And again. Someone being right about those does not mean they are right about the drop rates. I do agree that the drop rates of especially the void keys seem silly right now, but lets not be silly with them and keep calm heads.

EDIT (Goddamit):

On a side note, take a look at some of the rage incurred by these numbers. I'd say that if I wanted to troll the playerbase into long winded posts like mine, mission accomplished!

Oh, wait...

You are quite a shill sir, I must say. How much does DE pay you for damage control?

These tables make no sense.

a) you don't get mods as mission rewards, you pick them up during the mission. I've been told that the "Daily win bonus" is a mod, but I'm not sure if it's true.

b) You don't get "omni ammo box" Ever during missions, period. Not for the reward, not as a drop during the level, nothing. It's exclusively a reward for Defence or the daily login (Aside from being purchased of course)

It makes me curious as to the validity of anything.

Do you make stuff up all the time or do you just not play the game?

I was just about to say the same thing.

DERebecca responded to the post that made we want to make this one in the general forums (linked in the OP) and is asking for what we want. I encourage people to voice constructive suggestions while we have an ear listening.

These tables must only be for rewarding a completed mission. You can still get Flow from a defend mission by picking up mods on the ground. In fact, I got my first Flow by joining a defend mission and saw a mod lying 5 meters away and when I picked it up, it was a Flow.

I know I always thought, let's go wave 40+ on xini there might be a nice reward, but yeah... no chance that way