Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Datamined Mission Rewards Are Bad. If True, Please Change Them.

Kyrkitao

"B-But it's RNG!" - Multishot 0.15% Drop Chance

This is ridiculous. It's scam rate if it's true.

"Artificial Gameplay Time" to keep you always busy, always with a carrot on a stick at your face... with 0.15% chance to get the carrot.

In 3 days on near constant Hyena farming, I've gotten 2 control modules.  I also open every locker and container I come across (and run defense on Neptune to break up the monotony).  Still only 2 control modules, and they were both from Hyena.

I want to know what the drop rate for control modules is now, it wasn't so insane before this last update.

Edited by Webly

In 3 days on near constant Hyena farming, I've gotten 2 control modules.  I also open every locker and container I come across (and run defense on Neptune to break up the monotony).  Still on 2 control modules, and they were both from Hyena.

I want to know what the drop rate for control modules is now, is wasn't so insane before this last update.

it's a magical coincidence.

half a dozen items that reguire control modules to craft are released.

control module drop rates are floored by low weight + feildron samples.

what a delightful ruse.

In 3 days on near constant Hyena farming, I've gotten 2 control modules.  I also open every locker and container I come across (and run defense on Neptune to break up the monotony).  Still on 2 control modules, and they were both from Hyena.

I want to know what the drop rate for control modules is now, is wasn't so insane before this last update.

3 days? lel how long does one run take? 5 hours? I find this hard to believe. For me and my buddies the rates are like 5:1.

And I can see some compensation incoming, Steve. Maybe like a free shopping spree or a list of:

- 4 Dragon mod packs

- 3 Flow mods

- 2 Acrobat mods

- 3 Sanctuary mods

oh and how about,

8 Master Thief

mods?

I still love you R'becca, no matter how much crazy **** you throw at us

The data right up to damages, reload speeds, crit percentages etc were right. There was data extracted for everything. I don't see how drop rate percentages couldn't be found. If someone hosts a game and they're the host locally, as stated there is probably a period of time where this information is available to the client. If you had to maintain a solid connection then one could assume there is a constant connection to a third party server.

The fact they tell people not to extract when doing hotfixes suggests we send our progress data at the end of a mission, hence why aborting/crashing doesn't upload this information.

Your theory on internal leaks would suggest someone gave the entire set of new blueprints and weapon data. Who would honestly do that, and if so why specific blueprints and not everything in the game? Also, could we not apply the 'internal leak' mindstate to these results and then claim it's datamining also? Bit of a contradictory approach that serves no purpose in disproving the validity of these results.

Valve run the TF2 economy which is literally worth millions but someone found an exploit to give himself any item possible in the game through a client-side exploit in the schema, which he then forced to update with valve's servers by adding a name tag. That was no small deal but it certainly happened.

Most technologies and applications are exploitable. Anything created can be deconstructed.

Also, his comment wasn't about the drop rates. It was about the resource requirements for the clan tech weaponry which was datamined within a day or so. They've stated in a few areas that the 'RNG' is broken or needs to be changed. We've proven once that it's not the RNG at fault but the weight they put on drop rates, making certain items hard to find to encourage platinum purchases. It's kind of like a community bait and switch.

Hey guys, we've added cool new stuff in the void! Latron Prime, Reaper Prime and Frost Prime!

We didn't tell you that the drop rates are absolutely tiny.

But.. with the hundreds of keys we'll have 'sold' where people think we made the drop rates fair and think they're having a spree of bad luck.

As opposed to if we told them the chance is less than 1%. Money.

We'll then give them compensation in the form of better keys to get what they wanted and some forma.

But the damage was done, the money was taken, and those players invested far more platinum than was needed in a system they trusted DE to make fair. They'll never get that platinum back now. So when they release the next thing that's difficult to get without platinum, they'll have to compensate for lost platinum by buying more to get it easier. Do you see how this cycle is intended to money grub? Call the people that spent it stupid all you will, but it's still unfair to -all- players.

Call me pessimistic, but there's some underlying truth in all of this.

Seriously, this stuff isn't right. I'm not asking for it given to me on a plate but I don't like the fact I'm expected to always pay money to get something exciting in a game I'd like to enjoy more. I can't bring myself to pay 90 platinum for mods that I could legitimately gain by actually playing the game, but I'm aware of how rare one mod is specifically so I know my chances rely on that pack and that pack alone. It's not right.

Edited by Meepsauce

A) Yes you do, try running M Prime a few times.

B) They turn up in Defence missions but other than that I don't know so you're probably right.

b)

I've logged in almost 220 hours now (over 400 in actuality...but lots was before the stat reset, and i SUCKED then)

I have never, ever, not once, seen an Omni box as a reward or in mission. And that includes the several hours of play where my team is all in the same room so i see very clearly what they get. While that in now way proves that they don't exist, Im still pretty sceptical. Im certainly not calling anyone a Liar....In that whole time i've also NEVER seen a Banshee Helmet drop, and i know for an absolute fact that it does exist.

no, we expected it to be reasonable.

First, they have to make some reasonable cash.

Second, this is the standard for online game with RPG elements.

Sucks, sure, but like i said at the beginning, they have to make some cash. Eventually they can adjust the rates to where it becomes easier.

Remember, U8 i just over one week old.

I've logged in almost 220 hours now (over 400 in actuality...but lots was before the stat reset, and i SUCKED then)

I have never, ever, not once, seen an Omni box as a reward or in mission. And that includes the several hours of play where my team is all in the same room so i see very clearly what they get. While that in now way proves that they don't exist, Im still pretty sceptical. Im certainly not calling anyone a Liar....In that whole time i've also NEVER seen a Banshee Helmet drop, and i know for an absolute fact that it does exist.

Well, according to these data, it should almost be virtually impossible to get an omni box as reward. But then again, I got a Banshee helmet on my third defend mission after resetting the account.

3 days? lel how long does one run take? 5 hours? I find this hard to believe. For me and my buddies the rates are like 5:1.

And I can see some compensation incoming, Steve. Maybe like a free shopping spree or a list of:

- 4 Dragon mod packs

- 3 Flow mods

- 2 Acrobat mods

- 3 Sanctuary mods

oh and how about,

8 Master Thief

mods?

I still love you R'becca, no matter how much crazy **** you throw at us

1 run takes about 5 minutes at most.  What the hell are you talking about?

First, they have to make some reasonable cash.

Second, this is the standard for online game with RPG elements.

Sucks, sure, but like i said at the beginning, they have to make some cash. Eventually they can adjust the rates to where it becomes easier.

Remember, U8 i just over one week old.

Then they should make cash reasonably. Ruining community trust is not a clever idea for a long-term commitment. You don't want your players to come in, spend money, get a bad taste and run off forever. Also, a happy customer is a returning customer. An unhappy customer tells one friend, that tells another friend, etc. I don't hate DE, I just don't want to see this get any worse.

gg you can't get flow from defense map

gg you can't get t3 raid from void key pack

Evolution0122_zps09ad454a.png

OK ?

This is my 3rd

I think i got this drop, just to show in this thread as a replay to him ! :O

(From Jupiter - Callistor or something like that map)

Edited by Zyfe3rX

OK ?

This is my 3rd

I think i got this drop, just to show in this thread as a replay to him ! :O

(From Jupiter - Callistor or something like that map)

there is a difference between finding something on the ground DURING a defence mission

and the REWARD that comes every 5 waves.

you just proved you don't know that difference.

Yeah I'm dubious as well. According to this I should've gotten at least 1 T3 void key after 667 defense missions. This is simply not the case, so clearly drop chance is not that high.

Thats not how it works, you will never have a 100% chance of getting a key, no matter how many missions you run. Nor is it cumulative.

What you do is calculate the chance of you not getting a T3 key (99.85%), multiply it by itself by the number of missions you've run (^667), and you get 36.74%.

That still leaves you with more than a one-in-three chance of not getting it.

I think we'd all rather prefer it if DE supported itself with more cosmetic items that don't affect gameplay and allowed the gameplay affecting items to be obtained more freely.

Edited by Webly