Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Baro System

(XBOX)DerangedMime00

No, still a terrible idea. Higher MR players DON'T get items previously offered? Sorry bud, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

What about the "seasoned" players, as you put it, who missed items because of real life issues? If they missed an item because they couldn't get on, for whatever reason, why shouldn't we be able to get it again?

See where I'm coming from?

Oh, and your example got it spot on lol, I am in fact Mastery Rank 10

Because you could always trade for items you missed as I said before plus its really no different than punishing newbs the same way for not meeting a requirement. Dead on! ;)

Oh and before people start complaining about noobs having primed mods think about this situation: Your in a Tier 3 Void run. Three players are in room for one more. You are ag Wave 20. Noob spawns in and all of you are knocked down. He tries to revive you but dies in the process and you lose a necessary item. Damn. Now same situation but with this new trade system. Noob spawns with recently acquired Mod, survives, you get to keep your items you worked for and the noob turns out to be the one responsible for saving your team from utter failure lol in other words it does not just benefit one it benefits the whole TEAM concept that has been overlooked a little too much

That's- 

That isn't how defense freaking works. Do you even play this game? If you do you should know that new people can't spawn in after wave five for defense. Hell, you can't even get random puggies if you're doing void keys. You have to specifically go to recruiting to get a squad together for void runs.

That's the stupidest comparison ever. If you're trying to defend your point at least make arguments that make sense

Edited by AsCaLus

Because you could always trade for items you missed as I said before plus its really no different than punishing newbs the same way for not meeting a requirement. Dead on! ;)

Yes, but, a few months later, who is even going to have an Unranked, Un-forma'd weapon to trade?

I agree that Baro needs a rework, just not in the fashion you've suggested.

Personally, I think he should have a Weapon, a Mod (Primed OR Past Event, never both), and two cosmetics, each fortnight.

Unlike today for me, which is two stance mods, and three cosmetics. Worse, Vermillion Storm is still farmable in the game from Manic Bombard variants.

1. Eliminate Randomization Spawn: Its stupid and pointless having to go about each relay and being mocked on chat on where to find this guy.

Takes minimal effort and time to find out where Baro is.  Even if you refuse to use internet tools;

https://deathsnacks.com/wf/

Just go to a relay and it tells you where he is, then you can warp there directly from Navigation on the relay.

Oh and before people start complaining about noobs having primed mods think about this situation: Your in a Tier 3 Void run. Three players are in room for one more. You are ag Wave 20. Noob spawns in and all of you are knocked down. He tries to revive you but dies in the process and you lose a necessary item. Damn. Now same situation but with this new trade system. Noob spawns with recently acquired Mod, survives, you get to keep your items you worked for and the noob turns out to be the one responsible for saving your team from utter failure lol in other words it does not just benefit one it benefits the whole TEAM concept that has been overlooked a little too much

Problem here (besides the obvious ridiculousness of a "noob" saving the day hinged on a single Primed mod) is this will never happen, after 5 minutes/5 waves no one can join.

Just let the noobs be noobs. They will learn someday, dear tenno. Let it be~~~

Also thin about how many people that will lose potential platinum because EVEYRONE has access to primed mods or prisma weapons. Not everyone can afford play and frankly this is one of the best ways to get it. Call me selfish and greedy but it's just business, mate. :/

while a lot of the idea you proposed might be helpful, they would also be very complicated to implement, especially the "never brings the same item twice thing", not everyone has the same items, he can't cater to everyone. therefore, RNG is the only system that works. plus it's a lot of effort for a guy who only pops up twice a month.

and why are you asking in chat to find him? it tells you where he is at the Ducat Kiosks!

then you can warp there directly from Navigation on the relay.

Unfortunately, direct travel between two relays is blocked. Probably because leaving any mission or the dojo entered from a relay brings you back to the relay - so if you hop from relay to relay, you might get caught in a loop somewhere when you want to leave again.

Why would people go down on Wave 20 / Minute 20 of T3 Def / Surv, the enemies aren't that strong at that point yet? Probably even more important, how would some new guy spawn in? Unless they changed it without me noticing, that's impossible.

i think baro should be perm in orcus relay while keeping the mr 8 requirment.

hes not meant for new players, hes meant for older players who are looking to collect things and vanity and min max even harder then they already are. giving new players prime mods at mr 3 or 4... they couldnt use it and investing the time and resources into it is a time sucker they arnt ready for.

i dont liek his rotation based system however, i think that they should increase the ducat cost to say 2 or 3k per prime mod and have his full inventory open when hes there, anything he has ever had would be in the store so those who are ACTUELLY READY for them have access without making some players wait near a year + cause they missed the week he happened to bring prime continuity.

inb4 hate comments cause i dont agree that new players should have access to every single thing with no effort or dedication required to reaching that point.

Edited by PainXGain

i think baro should be perm in orcus relay while keeping the mr 8 requirment.

hes not meant for new players, hes meant for older players who are looking to collect things and vanity and min max even harder then they already are. giving new players prime mods at mr 3 or 4... they couldnt use it and investing the time and resources into it is a time sucker they arnt ready for.

i dont liek his rotation based system however, i think that they should increase the ducat cost to say 2 or 3k per prime mod and have his full inventory open when hes there, anything he has ever had would be in the store so those who are ACTUELLY READY for them have access without making some players wait near a year + cause they missed the week he happened to bring prime continuity.

inb4 hate comments cause i dont agree that new players should have access to every single thing with no effort or dedication required to reaching that point.

this ^^ no hate to you good sir, only sincere love from the depth of my tenno heart