The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Fps Drop And Stuttering When Someone Joins The Squad

ngrazer

We're investigating an issue with voice chat causing stuttering for players, and in the meantime some have reported an improvement by disabling voice under audio settings. However the stuttering normally persists through a mission, not just when a player loads in. 

Could you please submit your EE.log to our support site the next time you experience this?

Well, I don't use voice chat, and I've got FPS drops. Granted, they aren't nearly as severe as before, but it's still noticeable when playing with other players. Is that expected, that playing with other players should have some impact on performance?

Well, I don't use voice chat, and I've got FPS drops. Granted, they aren't nearly as severe as before, but it's still noticeable when playing with other players. Is that expected, that playing with other players should have some impact on performance?

In this case, incoming voice chat from other players may be causing issues, even if you yourself aren't using a microphone. You may see an improvement disabling voice, but it sounds like you still have issues solo, which would imply your issue is different.

Edited by Xander9

In this case, incoming voice chat from other players may be causing issues, even if you yourself aren't using a microphone. You may see an improvement disabling voice, but it sounds like you still have issues solo, would would imply your issue is different.

Hmm... but squadmates weren't using voice chat during that mission. Neither did I.

I'll send ee.log next time I'll get this issue.