No Forma Tonkor

(PSN)icedalex2003

Question

11 answers to this question

Serration, HeavyCaliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense

Hell Fire, Cryo Rounds, Split Chamber, - - - -  the Last Mod is up to you

but this requires around 5 Formas

I put Fast Hands in so could reload Faster but of course I got 2 configurations

my other configuration has ammo mutations for a long survival run but still all enemies are one fire dead

Edited by TertiusKarma

My build is Serration r.8, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Firestorm, Hammershot, Malignant Force and Strombringer. 4 formas is good enough for me (used with Mirage, essentially). When running 4*CP I'll swap electricity for a magazine mod and Hammershot for cold to get viral damage.

Use hellfire instead hammershot to get an overall higher damage

Serration, point strike, critical delay, vital sense(or whatever its called), three elementals, and hammershot.

So, base crit multiplier is 2.5. 60% of that is 1.5. So hammer shot adds 150% dmg to a gun that always crits, while the fourth elemental mod with add 90% dmg. Math says you are wrong :)

Serration, point strike, critical delay, vital sense(or whatever its called), three elementals, and hammershot.

So, base crit multiplier is 2.5. 60% of that is 1.5. So hammer shot adds 150% dmg to a gun that always crits, while the fourth elemental mod with add 90% dmg. Math says you are wrong :)

Nope, adding crit delay you lowering the dps and using hammershot you increasing the moltiplier of a lower damage because your build missing an elemental mod.. Plus heat damage is pretty good (from 1 to 3 stars) against a good 80% of enemies ingame, that means you giving up on a good amount of bonus damage, retry doing the math (have to mention your build miss heavy caliber also, so even lower damage)

EDIT: you miss split chamber also lol, really theres no comparison, you saying that

Critical Delay + Hammer Shot > Heavy Cal + Hellfire + Split Chamber

You SO far away from how to build a decent tonkor

Edited by (PS4)KrakenUnchained

You will have to completely ignore split chamber for a no forma build: Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Storm Bringer, Virulent Scourge. It will fit all of those maxed. I would recommend forma-ing it though, the weapon is worth any forma you put into it.

Nope, adding crit delay you lowering the dps and using hammershot you increasing the moltiplier of a lower damage because your build missing an elemental mod.. Plus heat damage is pretty good (from 1 to 3 stars) against a good 80% of enemies ingame, that means you giving up on a good amount of bonus damage, retry doing the math (have to mention your build miss heavy caliber also, so even lower damage)

EDIT: you miss split chamber also lol, really theres no comparison, you saying that

Critical Delay + Hammer Shot > Heavy Cal + Hellfire + Split Chamber

You SO far away from how to build a decent tonkor

As for the lower dps thing: not really. I don't have to fire twice to hit a cluster of enemies, merely once. Therefore the refire rate is useless.

Split chamber: I really don't use it on my primaries. There isn't much of a need on the tonkor. Consider this: de is going to do something about multishot soon enough, and on a tonkor, you really don't need two explosions in the same place. Two grenades in the same spot or one, everything is dead.

Fourth 90% elemental: really doesn't compare as the crit multiplier goes from 7x to 5.5x. There is no way 90% dmg is going to make up 150% increase in crit multiplier when every hit is a crit. Now let's look at the tiny chance of red crit. Red crit dmg is calculated as follows:

Dmg * (2*crit_multiplier -1)

Now, on the off chance (happens quite frequently due to explosions effecting more than one mob) I red crit with my build, its dmg * 13 (2 * 7 -1).

Let's pretend I dropped hammer shot on my build:

Crits (100% chance) = dmg * 5.5 vs dmg * 7. This difference is kinda close, TBH and requires actually multiplying out the dmg time multiplier to see which is bigger. They are usually that close.

Red crits:

No hammer shot: dmg *(5.5 * 2 -1) or 10 times dmg

With hammer shot: dmg *(7 * 2 -1) or 13 times dmg

Finally, just to lob more grenades as mobs that are now gone cause they got blown up by the first grenade: no critical delay.

No chance for red crits, AND NO GUARANTEED CRIT HITS EITHER.

I'll keep my build while you play with a sub-par build. You can keep your worthless refire rate, cause lets face it, there isn't a huge difference in that, and we are both limited by reload speed ;)

Tonkor is not a DPS gun, its a freaking grenade launcher...

Edit boo kiddos distracting my typing...

Edited by BlueFalcon13