The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Some Advice While Revising My Eb Excalibur Build, Melee Specifically

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

With the new focus system, especially with Naramon school, I find myself in the need to rethink my EB build on my melee weapon.

Currently I have an Arcane Barrier and Arcane Strike on my Excalibur and I get the attack speed bonus fairly often; I use a power strenght-efficency-duration build.

My melee build is the following: 

Aekgkle.png

As you can see I have no crit mods since EB base crit chance is only 15%; but now, with Naramon school I can raise up that value to a very good 45%, meaning I will crit pretty often. My doubts are:

1. At this point I'm not sure if I should consider sacrificing one of the damage mods to put an Organ Shatter on: do you think I would get a significant damage boost when critting? I know I'll get a nerf on normal hits, but since I would crit quite often it should be well balanced if the crit damage boost is worth it.

2. Could it be worth to swap Arcane Strike to Arcane Fury and sacrifice another damage mod for Berseker in my melee build? The speed boost would be absolutely consistent, but I'm not sure about the damage output since I would sacrifice a sure damage value(90% or 60%) to a 40% that will have only a 20% to trigger during one of those 45% chance crit. Is it worth it?

Thanks to everyone who will help me!

7 answers to this question

Spoiled Strike and the 4th element are poor bonuses compared to Zerker; I think you've prioritized LS healing cost too much.

If you can actually get Arcane Fury, I'd suggest swapping it in place of Strike (or barrier if you want to glass) and running Zerker in place of SS; damage per hit would be about the same but attack speed would go up ~45%.

If Naramon's boosts actually work on EB (dunno for sure, but I would check), OS would be worth a lot more damage than the 4th element, so swap out either Focus Energy or North Wind, depending on how you feel about the cost of Life Strike.

Edit: My personal feel is that EB hits hard enough, so I prioritize speed with Arcane Strike, Fury, Zerker, and True Steel - this lets me spam waves much faster, even if the DPS is lower I feel it works well for crowds of enemies.

Edited by Darzk

Spoiled Strike and the 4th element are poor bonuses compared to Zerker; I think you've prioritized LS healing cost too much.

If you can actually get Arcane Fury, I'd suggest swapping it in place of Strike (or barrier if you want to glass) and running Zerker in place of SS; damage per hit would be about the same but attack speed would go up ~45%.

If Naramon's boosts actually work on EB (dunno for sure, but I would check), OS would be worth a lot more damage than the 4th element, so swap out either Focus Energy or North Wind, depending on how you feel about the cost of Life Strike.

Edit: My personal feel is that EB hits hard enough, so I prioritize speed with Arcane Strike, Fury, Zerker, and True Steel - this lets me spam waves much faster, even if the DPS is lower I feel it works well for crowds of enemies.

Let's say I get Arcane Fury and put it on in place of Arcane Barrier; then I put Berserker in, but in place of what? A 90% elemental or Spoiled Strike? Consider that I will have an insane attack speed with Fury, Arcane Fury and Berserker, like really insane, so a - 20% speed from spoiled strike wouldn't be that much of a deal.

Let's say I get Arcane Fury and put it on in place of Arcane Barrier; then I put Berserker in, but in place of what? A 90% elemental or Spoiled Strike? Consider that I will have an insane attack speed with Fury, Arcane Fury and Berserker, like really insane, so a - 20% speed from spoiled strike wouldn't be that much of a deal.

SS is providing 45% damage per hit but only 23% DPS - FE provides 16.2% damage but reduced LS cost (but its Corrosive dmg), and NW is providing 26% damage (per hit and per second, and it's a 'diversifying element'). I'd ditch an element first.

If you're keeping Arcane Strike, I would keep SS. Although again, it's sorta personal preference - the only thing I use SS on these days is my Valk build, which has ~doubled speed from Warcry.

Edit: If you're using Steel Charge, SS only provides 35% DPH and 14% DPS, so I'd drop it then.

Edited by Darzk

SS is providing 45% damage per hit but only 23% DPS - FE provides 16.2% damage but reduced LS cost (but its Corrosive dmg), and NW is providing 26% damage (per hit and per second, and it's a 'diversifying element'). I'd ditch an element first.

If you're keeping Arcane Strike, I would keep SS. Although again, it's sorta personal preference - the only thing I use SS on these days is my Valk build, which has ~doubled speed from Warcry.

Edit: If you're using Steel Charge, SS only provides 35% DPH and 14% DPS, so I'd drop it then.

I'm probably going to try and keep Arcane Strike, so I'll keep Spoiled Strike and put Berserker in place of........? Shocking Touch?

I'm probably going to try and keep Arcane Strike, so I'll keep Spoiled Strike and put Berserker in place of........? Shocking Touch?

Personally I'd replace Focus Energy instead of Shocking Touch since an extra 2 energy per hit of Life Strike isn't that big of deal when you heal to full in 1 hit. Berserker helps a ton with Exalted Blade and you'll crit a lot more more than you think.

Personally I'd replace Focus Energy instead of Shocking Touch since an extra 2 energy per hit of Life Strike isn't that big of deal when you heal to full in 1 hit. Berserker helps a ton with Exalted Blade and you'll crit a lot more more than you think.

Damage wise it seems to be the best choice, I'll try it out hoping it won't be too bad on the energy side.