Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilerish] Fixing Madurai

Gruzelda

Madurai, as a concept, is really cool. Firing a giant laser out of your chest is awesome. But there are many, many problems with this school that just ruins it.

1. It's damage is pathetic after level 50. Enemies just don't get hurt by it much. When you level the base skill, you increase the time it remains active by 2 seconds, rather than increasing the damage, which stays at 10,000 damage per second. Focus is supposed to be an end-game system, why can it not hurt high level enemies effectively? The main skill needs a massive damage boost, at least twice as strong as it is now.

2. Chimera Breath is awful. You can split your laser into 3 lasers, each one only doing 1,500 damage per second. This is awful, and yes it does increase with levels, it's still less than a single beam total. The worst part is, in order to use cooler precepts, you have to have Chimera active. Give us the option to not use Chimera while still using the later precepts.

3. Phoenix Flash. Cut your range in half (down to 10 meters) for a 10% speed boost. 10% is absolutely nothing when you move like a snail, the speed boost should be at least 50% faster, if not double the normal speed. I propose adding a different precept, the opposite. Your range is increased, but your speed decreased. I'd rather snipe with my beam than fly over to an enemy to cook them.

4. Cooldowns. This is a problem with all schools, but I'll mention it here. Each precept or passive you activate increases the cooldown timer a by a large amount. The one precept to lower cooldowns barely makes a dent once you have 3-4 precepts active. I understand we're not supposed to be able to spam this skill, but the cooldowns grow far too quickly. Rather than having the cooldown precept take off a set amount of time, make it a percent. Something like 10%/20%/45% off, so it scales with the number of precepts you have active.

5. Hades Touch. 5% chance to ignite a target. I could fart on an enemy and they'd have a better chance to ignite. This should be a minimum of 25% chance to ignite a target. Better yet, remove this precept and replace it. This school is all about damage and increasing it, not status procing enemies. Have it add fire damage to your beam.

6. The Passives. They're awesome, no changes needed.

I want it so that the beam is not constantly firing like it is. Make us left click to fire it, and when we're not firing, we're moving much faster. This can replace Phoenix Flash. Have the drain on the focus meter much lower when you're not firing, and slightly increased when you are.

TL;DR Damage sucks later on, let us use precepts without using the one before, cooldowns too long, some precepts suck.

Edited by Gruzelda

The madurai passives currently seems to add damage based on the total damage of the weapon and work on elemental weapon ( pretty awesome to get slash proc on my simulor) and on abilities that scale of melee mods (wukong/excal).

Otherwise i agree that the active ability is pretty lackluster

The madurai passives currently seems to add damage based on the total damage of the weapon and work on elemental weapon ( pretty awesome to get slash proc on my simulor) and on abilities that scale of melee mods (wukong/excal).

Otherwise i agree that the active ability is pretty lackluster

It does? I didn't know this. Fixing OP.

It is heat. You can buff the laser's damage significantly with Ember.

In other news, the passives aren't just effecting weapons. On the first use against a 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Leech, the beam was showing 61 damage per tick. On repeated use, it was showing 98 (with 226% power strength, that jumped to 554 with Accelerant). The passives are applying to your beam, once active.

You can even blade/impact/puncture proc off of Fireball. Which isn't impressive, but leaves one to ask, what all are they effecting?

Edited by Roboplus