Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Controls. Fix Em'. Make Them Responsive.

TwiceDead

no don't you see, you can't just jump when you're that close to an obstacle. and sometimes your foot slips and you can't wall run. just like tenno in real life

Dude, have you ever played other games?  The kind of realism your talking about is buggy code and is not in any way a desirable in-game effect.  Which is why everyone is taking the time to point it out here.  But DE have a good cheerleader in you.

Edited by alocrius

I was having a lot of issues with the controls as well.  Then I bought a new keyboard and discovered I had half an ounce of weed and dorito crumbs under the keys of my old one.  Controls work fine now :3

Edit: I cna splel

Edited by Swaggermeistress

I'd also like to see the responsiveness of the controls increased a little, although I confess it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it does the OP.

It does seem to be related to your PC's performance in some cases though, anyone having issues should try lowering the settings a little, just in case.

Dude, have you ever played other games?  The kind of realism your talking about is buggy code and is not in any way a desirable in-game effect.  Which is why everyone is taking the time to point it out here.  But DE have a good cheerleader in you.

i am an elite space ninja in real life so i think i know what i'm talking about here

I was having a lot of issues with the controls as well.  Then I bought a new keyboard and discovered I had half an ounce of weed and dorito crumbs under the keys of my old one.  Controls work fine now :3

Edit: I cna splel

You waste of Dorito's! Imagine how many Dorito's those crumbs could've made in total, and how many of those doritos could be in your belly!

(I am jk ofc)

Edited by TwiceDead

Only pet peeve that I've had is the bug where there are some parts of maps that you literally cannot jump (on top of the crypod, the entrance to the vents in the corpus ships) otherwise I haven't really seen the issues the OP has seen.  And I rush dual zorens, hacking, slashing, wall running, kicking etc. etc all the time.  The whole "press jump, but roll instead" thing is something I haven't even heard of until this thread  :|

By magically skyrocketing, I meant a consistent 40 dps for about 10 seconds. That's enough to kind of equalize the input or whatever. It might have to do with the very shallow slopes on some cliff edges...might be triggering the roll.

Having an average 40 fps for 10 seconds still means that you're still dropping below 40 fps (which isn't good to begin with) quite often.  It's entirely possible to have input lag under those circumstances.

Edited by Aggh

Only pet peeve that I've had is the bug where there are some parts of maps that you literally cannot jump (on top of the crypod, the entrance to the vents in the corpus ships) otherwise I haven't really seen the issues the OP has seen.  And I rush dual zorens, hacking, slashing, wall running, kicking etc. etc all the time.  The whole "press jump, but roll instead" thing is something I haven't even heard of until this thread  :|

Having an average 40 fps for 10 seconds still means that you're still dropping below 40 fps (which isn't good to begin with) quite often.  It's entirely possible to have input lag under those circumstances.

I see what you mean. But, then, is input lag a fixable issue or is it simply a hardware limitation?

The whole "press jump, but roll instead" thing is something I haven't even heard of until this thread  :|

I've had it happen quite a bit, but lately it hasn't been happening so much... It has been stuff more along the lines of the jump button simply not registering when I press it. Again, not a hardware issue, as all keys work just fine in everything else, and the issue is present on other hardware.

The rolling happens far more often when the floor is not an absolutely flat surface, but only if heading downward, not upward.

There's an input bug I've found, actually.

I solo a lot so I didn't actually notice this until I attempted to farm a Neural Sensor last night (I'm not about to try J3 solo, lol. I hate infested).

Apparently, sometimes it takes multiple presses of the "T" key to get the chat window to actually appear sometimes.

Dunno why, everything else seems to be working just fine? *Shrug*

Forget the doritos, what about that weed?! XD

Move to Colorado my friend.  The best chili, best hikes, best beer, and of course... the best weed.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

There's an input bug I've found, actually.

I solo a lot so I didn't actually notice this until I attempted to farm a Neural Sensor last night (I'm not about to try J3 solo, lol. I hate infested).

Apparently, sometimes it takes multiple presses of the "T" key to get the chat window to actually appear sometimes.

Dunno why, everything else seems to be working just fine? *Shrug*

This happens because sometimes the sprint key (shift) locks in and "shift+t" isn't a valid command, so nothing happens. To cancel the sprint, just crouch or sprint-slide.

This happens because sometimes the sprint key (shift) locks in and "shift+t" isn't a valid command, so nothing happens. To cancel the sprint, just crouch or sprint-slide.

That isn't the case in my experience... I've never been able to get that particular issue to be fixed by hitting sprint or crouch, but I have been able to fix it by hitting melee or using a power. You might think that is because those interrupt the shift lock, but so does shooting, and shooting doesn't fix the problem.

But then again, there's a chance that it could be a completely different bug with the same effects. Not likely, IMO, but it is possible.

Okay, so here's a new control gripe: when you stop moving after toggling sprint to be on, it stays on when you start moving again. This is possibly the only game that does that, and it is so irritating. I stop so I can jump on some boxes, but since sprint is still on -- even though I'm falling with nearly zero horizontal momentum -- I just roll off. I can understand this happening when you shoot since you're splayed out, but there is way too much rolling going on when falling, even besides this example.

Also, reloading while turning around, my warframe kind fights my input, also bad. I think it's an animation issue. Considering the nature of the game, I don't think anyone is going to miss a turn-around animation if it means smoother controls.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so here's a new control gripe: when you stop moving after toggling sprint to be on, it stays on when you start moving again. This is possibly the only game that does that, and it is so irritating. I stop so I can jump on some boxes, but since sprint is still on -- even though I'm falling with nearly zero horizontal momentum -- I just roll off. I can understand this happening when you shoot since you're splayed out, but there is way too much rolling going on when falling, even besides this example.

Also, reloading while turning around, my warframe kind fights my input, also bad. I think it's an animation issue. Considering the nature of the game, I don't think anyone is going to miss a turn-around animation if it means smoother controls.

I hate that one, where sprint gets stuck on. So annoying.