Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Not So Masterful Thief: Prop Lockers Are Lame

LaznAzn

I think all of you are batS#&$ crazy nuts insane. MasterThief is nothing short of amazing for resource farming.

90% of the info in this thread is false. It is not bugged. It works exactly how it is described and is definitely functioning at 40% maxed. I open 3 consecutive lockers all the friggin time, it actually feels more like 50-60% it works so often. Do you have any idea how rare opening 3 lockers in a row would be if it was bugged at 10%? There'd be a 0.1% chance of that ever happening... i.e. you'd have to open ~1,000 lockers before that happens to you ... yet it happens to me nearly every mission.

The ONLY caveat with Master Theif is that that ONE single room where there are ~50 lockers grouped together has ~75% of the lockers hard-coded shut .... because otherwise you'd be able to open 20+ of them in that room alone. That would be absurdly too good and if you can't realize why that was necessary then I give up.

I think all of you are batS#&$ crazy nuts insane. MasterThief is nothing short of amazing for resource farming. 90% of the info in this thread is false. It is not bugged. It works exactly how it is described and is definitely functioning at 40% maxed. I open 3 consecutive lockers all the friggin time, it actually feels more like 50-60% it works so often. Do you have any idea how rare opening 3 lockers in a row would be if it was bugged at 10%? There'd be a 0.1% chance of that ever happening... i.e. you'd have to open ~1,000 lockers before that happens to you ... yet it happens to me nearly every mission. The ONLY caveat with Master Theif is that that ONE single room where there are ~50 lockers grouped together has ~75% of the lockers hard-coded shut .... because otherwise you'd be able to open 20+ of them in that room alone. That would be absurdly too good and if you can't realize why that was necessary then I give up.

Has there been a hotfix in the last 8 hours? :P

And there you have it. Either my luck is the worst in the world or there is something about 31 of the 44 lockers in this location causing them never to open. My idea is that they are static props that are never unlocked.

This is exactly why I've never bee interested in this mod. I figured that a lot of the lockers are just props, by the way they're placed in the game. It seems a lot more of them were props than you expected.

If you look at your charts, you'll see that more often then not, the ones that aren't unlock-able are the same ones every time.

Anyways, great research and thanks for the thread.

I've been using Master Thief a bit too after finally getting around to maxing it, and for 40%, I too have to agree that far too many lockers remain locked in the huge locker rooms.

It seemingly works correctly on rooms with say 3-5 lockers in it, but those huge rooms I think are simply hard coded to not open. But really, it's such an unimpressive mod and it makes me feel really silly standing in front of red lockers spamming X while the rest of the team is just watching me thinking "what the hell is that guy doing to the locked locker?".

I've been using Master Thief a bit too after finally getting around to maxing it, and for 40%, I too have to agree that far too many lockers remain locked in the huge locker rooms.

It seemingly works correctly on rooms with say 3-5 lockers in it, but those huge rooms I think are simply hard coded to not open. But really, it's such an unimpressive mod and it makes me feel really silly standing in front of red lockers spamming X while the rest of the team is just watching me thinking "what the hell is that guy doing to the locked locker?".

You shouldn't need to spam X, it turns green when you walk up to it if it the mod succeeds in unlocking it.

But I agree, faceplanting into sides of every locker is annoying. Maybe DE could make those prop lockers clearly visible, like turning the red light OFF for prop lockers (would mean the locker is not in use) so we know not to bother with them to let us know which ones are props and which aren't.

You shouldn't need to spam X, it turns green when you walk up to it if it the mod succeeds in unlocking it.

But I agree, faceplanting into sides of every locker is annoying. Maybe DE could make those prop lockers clearly visible, like turning the red light OFF for prop lockers (would mean the locker is not in use) so we know not to bother with them to let us know which ones are props and which aren't.

That would be a great way to solve the props Vs. real lockers issue and yet not change too much on their part. Save us the trouble and save them the complaints, and make it all visible upfront.

• 2 weeks later...

really late to post on this but anyway. I've found in my experience that the large locker rooms have a really bad percentage chance (10% or so) of opening, unlike nearly every other locker in the game which seems to follow the 40% chance stated on the mod card. No idea why, maybe the Devs lowered it specifically for those rooms to avoid a massive cash/resource grab from them?

It's exactly as the OP said, that first room has tons of fake "prop" lockers.  Every other tile with lockers seems to be working fine, but the giant locker room just has too may for them to all be real, so they shoehorned some false ones in there.  

It would be nice, DE, if you could take the red lights OFF of the props so we at least have some indication of what we can attempt to unlock.