The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hieracon Fps Tanking

Pamela_Voorhees

Specs:

GPU: GTX 960

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Hieracon's framerate consistently tanks throughout the course of the game. Usually I get 100+ FPS on most maps, on Hieracon it drops down to the 10-30 range the longer the game goes on, and even when going from point to point in hallways where nothing is happening, the FPS stays low in the 30s. Please fix. :(

Also experiencing this, though with a less powerful pc.  I usually get ~55 fps but also run into an issue with it dropping to ~20. 

It seems to be a problem mostly with Hieracon, at least I haven't really noticed it anywhere else yet.  It may be I just haven't played another mission node where it becomes a problem.   Seemed to be exacerbated by rapid fire weapons. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

This might have something to do with Saryn spores + Kohm, or perhaps any high rate of fire weapon. Seen a few reports on Reddit talking about Saryn, and I play her with Kohm and the FPS death is real on Hieracon. I don't think it's exclusive to her though as others mention team comps without Saryn also getting FPS tanks. Really hope this is fixed soon.

How long are people's missions?

I can't say i've seen any particular issue with frame-rates, however, i've only been to ~1300 online, and ~1000 in solo. Are people pushing for hour long missions?

20151220warframeperfo2lono.png

The only thing that looks a bit abnormal is PhysX being in quite high usage for quite a while longer than normal.

Technically, i have one of the weaker CPU's in this thread. So kinda strange that others are getting fps drops :/

System:

GPU: GTX 970 [GTX 660 dedicated PhysX card]

RAM: 8GB

CPU: AMD FX 8320 4.2GHz OC

Installed on an SSD

EDIT:

Want to add however, my FPS online always seems to be a ways lower than when im solo'ing.

Online frame rates seem to hover around 60fps, Solo seems to do what ever it wants, 80-200+.

Edited by MillbrookWest

Its not just Hiera, this happens in most of long games in other modes too. As the time goes by fps goes down and gpu/cpu utilization goes down aswell. It's not happening when I solo to 1000+ in Hiera tho or solo other modes. Only in pt.

Can confirm this, GPU utilization is very low during a T4 Survival for example, where framerates choked significantly the longer it went on. The utilization rarely went above 50 and hovers around a 30-40% average while often dipping below 20. After exiting the mission and going back to my ship, the GPU utilization was 97%.

Edited by Pamela_Voorhees

Can confirm this, GPU utilization is very low during a T4 Survival for example, where framerates choked significantly the longer it went on. The utilization rarely went above 50 and hovers around a 30-40% average while often dipping below 20. After exiting the mission and going back to my ship, the GPU utilization was 97%.

Yeah, I have been running various missions for longer amounts of time after reading some of the recent posts in the thread, and I can say I have seen this as well. 

The last sortie mission for today saw pretty bad performance. Naturally, i didn't have anything running to collect system information save for being able to turn the fps monitor in-game on.

However, it is unlikely my CPU was being overloaded since the temps from my lone temp monitor didn't show anything spectacular warranting low fps, i've seen Warframe push the CPU harder and subsequently produce more heat than the max that was shown (53C - Produced while running Cities Skyline)

I went down to 12FPS!! :O

Unless asked, i don't particularly want to render a video and uploading it (takes too long) but i will post screen shots with the fps monitor visible, as well as post the frames in the mission, and the abilities most used:

Hydroid: Using tentacle swarm + Puddle toward the end

Nyx Prime: Chaos

Saryn: Spores + Miasma

Banshee: Sonar - Resonance

Weapons weren't anything spectacular either, the only weapon doing some lifting was a tonkor on Nyx, Saryn ran a daikyu [i think], Hyrdoid was unknown, and I ran a Soma P.

Normal Frame-rate between waves
vlcsnap-000607qrft.png

Normal frame-rate for when enemies spawn online
vlcsnap-00062nnon0.png

vlcsnap-00065wsrxn.png

Frame-rates start to go south
vlcsnap-00066zgqad.png

vlcsnap-00067j8puh.png

vlcsnap-00068ogqcq.png

vlcsnap-00069rvozu.png

vlcsnap-00070nrozh.png

vlcsnap-00071qxqf5.png

Returned to normal at the end:

vlcsnap-000728nrez.png

vlcsnap-00073qoq0i.png

EDIT:

I think Saryn and the code that governs her spores may be the root cause of the issue. Ran a mission monitoring my system, and my system doesn't seem too stressed by what's happening...which would suggest a code or script issue with warframe, yeah?

5FPS - No apparent stress on system

vlcsnap-00075forkq.png

I am willing to render the video for the above screengrab. I think i was running ~30fps. With frequent stints at 10fps or lower.

Edited by MillbrookWest

EDIT:

I think Saryn and the code that governs her spores may be the root cause of the issue. Ran a mission monitoring my system, and my system doesn't seem too stressed by what's happening...which would suggest a code or script issue with warframe, yeah?

Oddly enough, I ran a Hieracon early this morning with the Saryn + Kohm combo and there was no lag. 80-100 FPS throughout and we made it to 2000 cryotic. However, everyone else on my team complained that their framerates were garbage and we had to leave because of it. So while Saryn might be a culprit, it seems this issue can randomly not occur. Unfortunately I didn't have Afterburner open at the time to monitor GPU utilization but if it happens again I'll edit this post and let you guys know what it's using. Just to note though, this is the first time in days that the lag DIDN'T happen (for me), so I'm not getting hopeful.

EDIT:

I am willing to render the video for the above screengrab. I think i was running ~30fps. With frequent stints at 10fps or lower.

It happens even without a saryn in the mission.  It may be that something she does is a cause, but it isn't just her. 

It happens even without a saryn in the mission.  It may be that something she does is a cause, but it isn't just her. 

You could be right. Perhaps it is an enemy number vs proc over time issue, where Saryn's spores mixed with her viral proc only exacerbate the issue.

The mission with Saryn, i believe, had every player with a weapon that did an AOE Proc. Nyx, Vauban 1 - (Synoid) Sumulor, Saryn - Telos Akbolto, Vauban 2 - Rakta Ballistica.

EDIT:

Edited by MillbrookWest