Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Urgent Buff Needed For The Dera!

Braken

My clan just finished the research on the Dera.

This is hands-down the WORST primary in the game right now. (The Torid is better than this...)

No AP or special effects.

Pathetic damage. (7 was NOT a typo... It can't even 1-shot containers) This will lead to very poor scaling with mods.

Shots seem to travel at about the same speed as the Bolto. (Possibly a bit slower, can't really tell)

Eats through ammo at an insane rate, for VERY poor returns.

Has a 0% chance to crit. (Thanks iamLoveless, I forgot about that.)

It may have perfect accuracy, and no recoil, but those do not make up for all of its shortcomings AT ALL.

DE, PLEASE buff the Dera!

Edited by Braken

The Dera is the default weapon for CORPUS crewman... I wouldn't really expect it to be Tier 1 so much as a novelty. 

But I guess at the same time, if it was just a novelty it shouldn't cost so much to access right?

Does seem wonky.

The Dera is the default weapon for CORPUS crewman... I wouldn't really expect it to be Tier 1 so much as a novelty. 

But I guess at the same time, if it was just a novelty it shouldn't cost so much to access right?

Does seem wonky.

Just because a weapon is the default weapon for a weak enemy, doesn't mean it has to be weak for us.

Many of the enemy weapons that we can use, are stronger for us than they are for them.

Edited by Braken

Whoa...
Can't even one shot containers?

This is legitimately pathetic. Even if it is a novelty weapon, it should at least be viable...
I'm normally against judging a weapon until a while after you use it and mod it, but if 7 damage is all it does and no real special effects, than even serration won't help it.

DE has already said they need to go back and buff the research weapons, they have other things that take priority right now though. Just be patient. 

I kinda wish they'd focus on fixing the stuff they added in U8, instead of whatever they're doing for E3...

I kinda wish they'd focus on fixing the stuff they added in U8, instead of whatever they're doing for E3...

Unfortunately they're a company that has to make money, and thus when an important event like E3 comes up and they have a contractual obligation for something (at PAX they were in nvidia's booth, dunno about E3 plans yet) they need to handle that first. Much like adding Warframe passives post u7 I'm sure they'll get everything from u8 squared away it'll just take a few weeks.

Also remember they have the Dojo issue which split the community, Void problems and also the account reset situation to deal with as well, they're seemingly handling the most urgent first. Now if we're two weeks past E3 and nothing has been done there will certainly be cause for concern.

Edit: On topic: all of the research weapons need to have a balance pass and a clarification from DE as to what mods effect which weapons (as in are supposed to vs not).

Edited by plznohurtme

The only gripes i have other than damage, which they already said they are going to fix, is that the cost to make them should not be 10 of the fieldron for the supra and lanka (maybe 7, preferably 5) and the issues with mods not affecting certain aspects such as damage on the Torid's poison gas...

EDIT: oh ya, and the inability to crit damage, what the heck is up with that....

Edited by Veidgrim

I kinda wish they'd focus on fixing the stuff they added in U8, instead of whatever they're doing for E3..

Honestly a good amount of the new weapons feel rushed, I would have been much happier if they released 5 well thought out weapons for research and then added more over time, rather then putting out 20+ but only have a few of them be good.

In their defense, they have said several times now that they're blown away by how fast people unlocked these things. They thought they could finish E3 and polish the weapons before people really had them in significant quantities an they were WRRROONNNNG....

The only gripes i have other than damage, which they already said they are going to fix, is that the cost to make them should not be 10 of the fieldron for the supra and lanka (maybe 7, preferably 5) and the issues with mods not affecting certain aspects such as damage on the Torid's poison gas...

EDIT: oh ya, and the inability to crit damage, what the heck is up with that....

I have it on good authority that the manufacturing costs of the weapons are also being looked at. There was a large discussion about what sort of materials requirements were reasonable, and i assume when the balances changes are implemented, the costs will be adjusted at the same time. Let E3 come and go, enjoy all the goodies DE has in store for us then, and be patient with the balance changes. 

As it stands, the Prova and the Ignis are the only research weapons I feel are in a decent place. They could still use a bit of work, but for what they are, they're a heck of a lot of fun. Super unimpressed with the Torid and the Dera, and i'm not even going to think about grinding away to build 10 fieldrons for the supra or the lanka when we unlock it later this week. 

On the upside, it can only get better from here, right?

DE has already said they need to go back and buff the research weapons, they have other things that take priority right now though. Just be patient. 

And please tell me, what is that priority?

So far, they have said that fixing the tier 3 defense loot tables is NOT something high on their list, and now this? What are they making, MORE broken weapons? That's right, let's add MORE USELESS sh*t to the game instead of fixing what's there already.

It's just beta, right guys?

What I posted in the other thread:

Anyways, what I'd personally suggest is as follows:

1. Buff projectile speed as needed

2. Buff damage to 32

3. Nerf RoF to 7.5

Or even better, give it the laser element which we know exists from Diamond Skin.  I'd recommend making it deal 150% damage to health and 50% damage to shields.  Balance the above numbers accordingly after doing so.

This would give the gun more DPS than the Braton, but due to travel time, I consider this to be a fair trade.

And please tell me, what is that priority?

So far, they have said that fixing the tier 3 defense loot tables is NOT something high on their list, and now this? What are they making, MORE broken weapons? That's right, let's add MORE USELESS sh*t to the game instead of fixing what's there already.

It's just beta, right guys?

*edited to be constructive*

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/ here you go good sir, outlines the short term plans for Warframe straight from the horse's mouth.

Edited by Jedrzej