The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build Optimization Question

BloodfireSouls

Question

Hello again, warframe forums, its been a while since I posted last, and today won't be a big post, just a quick question.

I recently got Critical Delay (Finally, Idk what kind of luck I had to have to not be able to get this mod for so long) and I thought about playing around with it on my guns.  The one I had in mind particularly was the Soma Prime.  My style of play tends to lean towards gunplay a lot.  I like using my weapons, its more fun than just mindlessly standing on top of a box inside a frost bubble spamming EV constantly to feed my team energy.  But the one thing I've always had a gripe about with the Soma Prime is its ammo efficiency.  I ALWAYS run out of ammo with it.  So, I wanted to ask if critical delay helps solve this problem a bit, or is it not worth it to use it at all?  From the way I see it, part of what makes the Soma Prime so ammo inefficient is the fire rate.  So, Critical delay would reduce that fire rate, therefore using up less ammo, as well as increase the critical chance, making it even easier for my arcane avenger to get it up there for those red crits.

In essence: Is Critical Delay worth putting on my Soma Prime, is it good enough to justify the mod slot for it?

4 answers to this question

So long as you've got Shred to counteract it. It would really depend on what you are sacrificing in your current build to fit it, as you still need crit damage and elemental mods. Ammo economy shouldn't really be a problem either way, so I'm not sure how you are running out so quickly.

If you want overall damage, an extra elemental mod is better.

If you want to go for the red crits, then Critical Delay.

If you want ammo efficiency, take a Rifle Ammo Mutation mod, helps out a lot more than Critical Delay.

So long as you've got Shred to counteract it. It would really depend on what you are sacrificing in your current build to fit it, as you still need crit damage and elemental mods. Ammo economy shouldn't really be a problem either way, so I'm not sure how you are running out so quickly.

The place it's the biggest problem is in the raid.  That's the only place I really use it unless I'm doing long survival or defense runs.  If I'm not doing that kind of stuff, I'm not using the soma, I'm using a more fun gun.

If you can fit it into your build then try it. Whats the point of it being better or worse if you end hating how the gun feels because of reduced fire rate. But if you have a mod slot open and you dislike critical delay then try either a punch through mod, or ammo mutation.