The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Needed With Kestrel Blessing Build

dmculton

Question

So I am currently working on a blessing Trinity build and I need help modding my thrown melee. Glaive or Glaive Prime isn't an option since Glaive P is vaulted and I can't get the dang blueprint for the glaive to show up during log ins. Anyways, I chose the Kestrel and I was wondering how I would mod it to work with blessing. Thanks, dmculton. 

Edited by dmculton

11 answers to this question

At the moment, thrown melee doesn't work well with Blessing Trin, it just takes too long to throw now. Better off going with the Angstrum for self-damage.

However, when (if) they fix thrown melee, then it's pretty easy to mod a kestrel for self-harm. One from the top Quick Return will mean it comes back straight away. Power Throw to give you the explosion when it hits the ground. After that, focus on toxin damage, since it bypasses the shields and hits your health directly. That way, you don't lose much of the overshields your EV trin is providing you.

Spending time in the simulacrum is key. That way you can fine-tune the damage so that it knocks you down to 2 health and only taking a tiny bit of your energy.

I know most Bless Trins prefer the Glaive, but Kestrel was always my favorite, anyway. Don't feel bad about having to use it. :)

With a Blessing build thrown melee, you'll want to mod it so that it explodes on impact, and deals Toxin damage.

Power Throw causes the weapon to emit an explosion on the last bounce, and Quick Return reduces the number of bounces by 4. This allows you to throw it straight down and hit the ground for a self-damage explosion.

To get maximum toxin damage, you'll need Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fever Strike and Virulent Scourge.

The last 2 mods are up to you, as long as they aren't elemental ones. I personally use Fury and Whirlwind, although you could use the Entropy Flight Augment (if you're with Cephalon Suda, or trade for it).

The Glaive and Glaive Prime have the same damage, more than the Kestrel. Glaive Prime has a faster attack and flight speed than Glaive.

The Glaive blueprint can also be obtained from alerts.

You probably already know, but Quick Thinking is used to stop your health at 2 points.

Let me know if you have any questions. ^^

At the moment, thrown melee doesn't work well with Blessing Trin, it just takes too long to throw now. Better off going with the Angstrum for self-damage.

However, when (if) they fix thrown melee, then it's pretty easy to mod a kestrel for self-harm. One from the top Quick Return will mean it comes back straight away. Power Throw to give you the explosion when it hits the ground. After that, focus on toxin damage, since it bypasses the shields and hits your health directly. That way, you don't lose much of the overshields your EV trin is providing you.

Spending time in the simulacrum is key. That way you can fine-tune the damage so that it knocks you down to 2 health and only taking a tiny bit of your energy.

I know most Bless Trins prefer the Glaive, but Kestrel was always my favorite, anyway. Don't feel bad about having to use it. :)

I thought the issue with self harming using angstrum was the blast proc staggers slowing down blessing process

Edited by dmculton

Yes, it can, but it's fairly low chance (10%). At the moment, the 10% delays you far less than the throwing delay with the thrown melee weapons.

Well thanks for the advice, I think I will pick both up and do some experimenting. Thanks also to the others who replied. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Yes, it can, but it's fairly low chance (10%). At the moment, the 10% delays you far less than the throwing delay with the thrown melee weapons.

When Quick Thinking triggers, it staggers you anyway. The thrown melee animation locks you from being staggered almost all of the time. You can also have any other weapon equipped, as throws can be performed as quick melee.

When Quick Thinking triggers, it staggers you anyway. The thrown melee animation locks you from being staggered almost all of the time. You can also have any other weapon equipped, as throws can be performed as quick melee.

Ok I didn't know that about Quick Thinking. Kestrel should be done building today. I will let you guys know what I find out.

If you have access to a bio lab in a clan dojo you could also try the Cerata, which doesn't even need a potato for a good Blessing build:

LTb2D5R.jpg

I was thinking about using the Cerata but the toxin damage only applies to the actual melees not the throw.