The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Patch Has Gotten Me Very Lost.

Maestar

Question

Hello!

I think I need some help. I started Warframe in early November, enjoyed the heck out of it, and then had to take a short hiatus to focus on finals for college.

I picked it back up against today and noticed the hefty patch and upon loading in a few things have happened:

1. My ship is twice as big with a bunch of locked doors, but my boyfriend's ship is still small. I didn't..do anything to make mine big.

2. I can't seem to find what story mission I was on, anywhere! I had just gotten the lock thing off my leg that was going to kill me and I'd done a few missions (maybe 2? 3?) after that. I was sort of still very much learning the game.

3. My boyfriend also has an extra symbol on his missions list that was left of the triangle exclamation point, that I don't have that seemed to contain all his story missions. Is there a reason mine is missing?

I'm only rank 12 or so with my weapons all being similar. I would really appreciate some help trying to figure out whats going on and maybe a nudge in the right direction of trying to properly pick up where I left off?

11 answers to this question

His ship shouldn't be small. You need to do the Natah quest which is found on Uranus, and then you can start the Second Dream Quest, You may not have started any quests yet.

I don't think you're rank 12, I think your frame is level 12. Rank is achieved by getting to level 30 with any weapon. If you need more help, add me ingame.

I don't think you're rank 12, I think your frame is level 12. Rank is achieved by getting to level 30 with any weapon. If you need more help, add me ingame.

Yes, this haha. Level 12. Are you just Jsharpie in game? I feel like I was hunting down grineer passcodes for something and I had just learned they were using some kinda plague that was infecting everybody, is that not quests? 

Edited by Maestar

I am JSharpie in game.

I added you! Yeah thats about where I left off, but for some reason they aren't showing up or I'm just not seeing the quests. Its probably me just getting lost in the UI but I would appreciate the help.

1. My ship is twice as big with a bunch of locked doors, but my boyfriend's ship is still small. I didn't..do anything to make mine big.

With the new patch for Update 18, DE (Digital Extremes) gave the orbiter ship additional compartments. His should also have been expanded, if it is still small he may need to redownload the patch to fix this.

2. I can't seem to find what story mission I was on, anywhere! I had just gotten the lock thing off my leg that was going to kill me and I'd done a few missions (maybe 2? 3?) after that. I was sort of still very much learning the game.

The list of story missions/Quests can be found in the Quest tab of the codex area of your ship.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577949100144486952/000CE57535B24E720A8C9DE0A633DD7616B64F7C/

When you go to the navigation menu it should show your list of active quests on the far left of the top right hand corner of your screen.

3. My boyfriend also has an extra symbol on his missions list that was left of the triangle exclamation point, that I don't have that seemed to contain all his story missions. Is there a reason mine is missing?

It may be that some may have to be unlocked or that they have possibly been turned inactive and you should be able to reactivate them from the quest tab of the codex.

The list of story missions/Quests can be found in the Quest tab of the codex area of your ship.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577949100144486952/000CE57535B24E720A8C9DE0A633DD7616B64F7C/

When you go to the navigation menu it should show your list of active quests on the far left of the top right hand corner of your screen.

It may be that some may have to be unlocked or that they have possibly been turned inactive and you should be able to reactivate them from the quest tab of the codex.

Okay so, I found this, ( and felt bad for not seeing the little top bar with quests/missions/ect when I checked the codex looking) and I went to quests and this is what I have:

http://puu.sh/lYDeo/e52a117cde.jpg

When I click on either of these, I get this:

http://puu.sh/lYDmx/92bfe7faf2.jpg

and this:

http://puu.sh/lYDp9/7ff6004dd5.jpg

With all their little check boxes completed. Clicking on any of the ? boxes in the quest menu doesn't do anything and I don't have any clear direction on the missions menu. Infact, heres what it looks like incase this helps?

http://puu.sh/lYDsj/6c608fbb2f.jpg

Okay so, I found this

Okay, looks like you've completed the quests you have available, which would explain why the quest indicator is no longer showing up in the Navigation menu.

In order to unlock more quests you have to meet their requirements, which vary based on the quest.

For now, you're looking at progressing with gear/mods/frames; the 'story' will largely be on hold 'till you unlock more quests.

For the first year or so after Warframe's release the game had no quests; they're still somewhat a new thing. Game progression isn't based on following a storyline, but rather just having fun killing stuff :P.

Game progression isn't based on following a storyline, but rather just having fun killing stuff :P.

OH! Geez, well then! 

Thank you! So just hopin' around and doing missions that are around my level then and quests will show up with time. Got it! I guess the gap in playtime really messed with me, so I wasn't sure if I'd gotten lost or where I was supposed to be going. So thank you! I'll read up on some guides from here and see about getting into the meat of the game!

Everybodys been a huge help here, thank you!

This update was pretty big, beware of spoilers but I recommend you try to do the Second Dream Quest to answer some questions. Prerequisite is that you have done the Natah Quest which can be activated once you scan an Occulyst in one of the Uranus sealab tilesets. Their appearance is random but their chances of appearing greatly increases as you keep playing the tileset.

If you know the state of the game when you left then this thread may help you for future reference:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/356275-welcome-back-to-warframe-heres-what-you-missed/

Also is your boyfriend on the same platform?

Edited by Noseeno