Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detonite Injector, Mutagen Mass And Fieldron Resources

grndragon

this is sort of an annoying thing i noticed about these 3 resources. this isn't about the amount of them needed for the different weapons, but more so it is towards the fact that grinding the material for them is rather tedious in itself.

overall the 10 fieldron sample/detonite ampule/ mutagen sample isn't too bad but my biggest pet pieve is that the other requirements don't offer any diversity at all.

every recipe requires:

10 of the base material for them (fieldron sample etc)

1 control module

500 salvage

250 plastids.

for me at least, this is slightly tedious, especially the control module. i feel that it would spice up things to make each of these 3 research materials require a different rare, common and uncommon material instead of all of them requiring the exact same materials. not to mention that grinding the hyena over and over again is very boring, especially when trying to get enough control modules to get the acrid, ignis and supra which is what i'm going for. that's 17 control modules.

my possibly bad suggestion would be that the material requirements would be more like this + why i think it fits:

fieldron:

10 fieldron sample

1 gallium (it's even said that gallium is used for energy weapons)

500 circuits (usually needed for electronics)

250 rubedo (said that it gives off energy)

mutagen mass:

10 mutagen samples

1 neurode (all of these are materials dropped by the infested. the mutagen mass doesent look like it contains any metal or electronics)

500 nano spores

250 plastids

detonite injector:

10 detonite ampoules

1 control module (needed to control the detonite possibly)

500 salvage (together with the alloy plates in order to make the container seen on the injector)

250 alloy plates

just wanted to share my thoughts and ideas

Only because you're farming them. If you continue to rank up other weapons from 0-30 in locations where these drop, you'll naturally find these in the process.

If you want it NOW NOW NOW, this really isn't the game for you unless you're rich. anyway because most things they'll charge you for it instead of making you farm like these do. :P

kinda hard to rank up a weapon for hyena though. the thread isnt about wanting it now, its about wanting diversity in the materials needed. all my suggestions requires the same amount of rare, common and uncommon materials but only different materials overall to spice things up and also making the requirements make a bit more sense compared to what it actually creates. salvage don't really make sense as a requirement for the mutagen mass etc.

ALl they need to do is make Control Modules, Neural Sensors, and ESPECIALLY Neurodes to drop a little more sensibly from enemies/containers.

That way, we're not farming the stupid bosses over and over and over and over and over again because 25% is a heck of a lot better than 2.5% according to that huge mega-thread that DE_Steve responded to.

So if you want a Control Module, you MUST kill Hyena.

If you want a Neurode, you MUST kill Hek or that other guy.

If you want a Neural Sensor, you MUST kill J3.

Basically. Or you could spend hours upon hours praying the dice will fall on 2.5%.

But here's a true story: Friend and I unlocked a whole planet's worth of missions, forget which planet. Not the one Hek is in, but the other one that can drop Neurodes.

# of Neurodes: 0.

We opened any boxes/lockers we came across and we killed probably a couple thousand mobs during the whole "project".

yeah. neurodes and most rare materials drop rarely from normal missions. the only exception that i've noticed is orokin cells. i don't mind having to kill one boss for a rare mineral, but when i have to grind that same boss when i need 17 of that specific rare material it gets daunting, hence why i suggested the change that i did. at least at such a point you will have the option to farm some different bosses just to spice it up. if you want the acrid, go kill phorid or hek a few times. if you want supra, grind anyo. if you want the ogris, farm the hyena.

though as you said having a higher chance to get them from containers would also be amazing

Edited by grndragon

Control Modules are the only material I'm dissatisfied with. The other materials aren't used for much, so having a low drop rate isn't that bad (although it could stand to be slightly higher so we don't have to farm the bosses). Control Modules on the other hand are used for a lot now, so they need to be adjusted accordingly, like Alloy Plate was.

I agree with adding diversity to the recipies. Farming the same boss over and over and over is boring as all hell, not to mention the recipies just seem lazily planned. Giving them different mat requirements like what you suggested in the OP post would make a lot more sense logic-wise, and also make the farming much less tedious.

Bored to tears from grinding Jackal, with his messed up loot table... Also, I soon have more Fieldron samples than I know what to do with them...

I think that in 2 days I have more Fieldrons than I can ever even use. <_<

I support this idea fully. I'd like to do something else than just farm Hyena for a day for 2 or 3 control modules and then grind another 2 days for Detonite Ampulles and Mutagen Samples.

Bored to tears from grinding Jackal, with his messed up loot table... Also, I soon have more Fieldron samples than I know what to do with them...

I think that in 2 days I have more Fieldrons than I can ever even use. <_<

I support this idea fully. I'd like to do something else than just farm Hyena for a day for 2 or 3 control modules and then grind another 2 days for Detonite Ampulles and Mutagen Samples.

Not to mention how Jackal frequently falls through the floor or did they fix that despite no hotfixes coming out since?

Not to mention how Jackal frequently falls through the floor or did they fix that despite no hotfixes coming out since?

Yeah.

And I got the name of the boss wrong, I meant Hyena...

Forgive me, It was 4 in the morning and I had been farming for Control Modules and Plastids for last 12 hours... Well, I did get 3 control modules and maybe a few hundred plastids in the end.

Agreed in that crafting components should make a little more sense.

Like, exactly what part of a mutagen mass am I fitting a control module into?

Oh God please don't say that; they'll replace it with a Neurodes which would be even worse considering potatoes, forma, and MANY weapons take them too.....

Oh God please don't say that; they'll replace it with a Neurodes which would be even worse considering potatoes, forma, and MANY weapons take them too.....

Except Control Mods are also used in Blue Potatoes and many other BPs, such as every Systems BP and Sentinels. Considering Neurodes actually drop from 2 bosses instead of 1, that's still an improvement if they made Mutagen Masses take one Neurode each instead of Control Mods.

Except Control Mods are also used in Blue Potatoes and many other BPs, such as every Systems BP and Sentinels. Considering Neurodes actually drop from 2 bosses instead of 1, that's still an improvement if they made Mutagen Masses take one Neurode each instead of Control Mods.

There's several weapons that take 1-2 Neurodes, though. Not counting Research weapons, I can't think of a single one that takes a Control Module.

Boltor, Bolto, Bronco, Dual Broncos, to make a few.

You farm a Control Module from Hyena. Not exactly the hardest to kill boss around. Meanwhile, Neurodes come from who, again? Hek? Sometimes he can be an annoying pain in the butt. Not sure who the other boss is. Oh, wow, Phorid... ya, fun fun. /sarcasm.

So, a list of all things that take Neurodes:

Forma: 1

Reactor: 1

Amphis: 1

Dark Dagger: 1

Dark Sword: 2

Bolto: 2

Bronco: 1

Furis: 2

Kraken: 2

Boltor: 2

Grakata: 2

Hek: 2

10 Warframe Special Helmets: 20 combined.

TOTAL, not counting Potato/Forma: 37

Compare that list to Control Modules:

13 Warframe Systems: 13

Catalyst: 1

Pangolin Sword: 1

3 Sentinels: 3

3 Research Resources: 3

TOTAL, not counting Catalyst/Research: 18

You need twice as many Neurodes as you do Control Modules for non-consumable items.

Edited by Xylia

I'v have over 450 hours of gameplay in this game and after reaching rank 9 and maxing 90% of the stuff in game i thought i was done with most of the farming.

Now i have to farm rare materials like orokin cells, Morphics for Forma and Control Modules, Plastids for the components themselves not to mention that rare material drops are completely screwed in this update i get like 1 every 10 boss runs at best.

So guess what the end game content that i'v been farming my mastery ranks for all this time now requires me to farm stuff i did't need to farm before.

They thought they were being clever by reversing the resource requirements from alloy/rubedo/neurodes being the most required to stuff like plastids and ferrite now.

It's like changing a value for a Dollar to be more valuable than a Pound.

Really disappointed DE

Now i have to farm rare materials like orokin cells, Morphics for Forma and Control Modules, Plastids for the components themselves not to mention that rare material drops are completely screwed in this update i get like 1 every 10 boss runs at best.

Consider yourself lucky. 30+ runs on Hyena today, not a single control module, and half the time he didn't drop anything at all.

Plastids? Consider yourself lucky if you get one drop of 15 per mission.

3 Research Resources: 3

You need twice as many Neurodes as you do Control Modules for non-consumable items.

You do realize you need multiple copies of the research resources, right? Like at least two weapons need ten of them. I think when I counted them it was around 40 total research materials for the clan weapons.