Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need More Warframe Slots!

lol991don

To be honest, having slots at all is really bad. In order to get more warframes/weapons, you have to SELL existing ones. All the time you've put into them? Gone.Oh you got Nyx but didn't like her compared to the one you had to sell? Too bad.

It is.... I can't understand it. There are PLENTY of reasons as to why a player would want to purchase platinum in this game, so why this is even a thing is beyond me.

100% right

I also think that there should be some non-platinum way to get them, since I would rather spend platinum on cosmetic items but am forced to instead spend it on slots, since they are much cheaper than others.

I don't have a problem with the game having slots.

My problem is that they have less free slots available than other free to play games, higher platinum prices, and higher prices for stuff to buy with that platinum. It just isn't worth paying for.

DE have gauged what people want completely wrong, and I honestly don't even see how they came to the conclusions they did for trying to make money. I also don't understand why people continue to defend DE's horrid store practices. They're just downright wrong.

I don't mind purchasing stuff in free to plays. It's usually good times. But I just can't justify DE's prices. I could be buying an entire game for $5. Why would I want to buy a couple of slots to release the immediate pressure applied since the beginning. As for the free platinum you start with, about all there is that is even semi worthwhile is slots. That or potatoes. But in this case, why the hell aren't those beginning extra slots free?

The whole thing is horribly set up, and I honestly don't see DE surviving for years if they keep their current practices going.

Edit: It's a pity really. Warframe has promise :\

Edited by Tyroki

Lol.... With the default premium we get when starting I got 3 warframe slots, and 12 weapon slots. That is enough. How do you expect them to make money on all their work they've done creating this game (not sure if this changed from when I started). The entire point of their marketing and research for profit of the game is primarily from Warframe slots and weapon slots, with other options to purchase other stuff that costs premium. Pretty much the only thing that you can't get in the game for free are content slots... some skins, and color palettes etc.

Has anyone thought of, oh you know, gamestop? You go there, buy a steam money card, and put money in your steam wallet, no credit card, no age restriction, just cold, hard cash and  a ride/walk to the local gamestop........there is no excuse for this "i don't have access to a credit/debit card" bs that everyone uses, there are ways around everything, if you're smart enough to google/think of them yourself.

also, to the poster above me, lets say 2 mil, that way only the people who are so stubborn as to not to pay, will grind like hell for.

Edited by KageNoShini

Sure I paid for the hunter Pack for Excal Prime, Slots aren't a problem right now I would probably have gotten 6 more slots to my already four and a few 10 weapons slots had I not bought a Ember right off the bat. that'd be 10 WF slots and a lot of Weapon ones.  160 plat or just $10 isn't that bad for what you get.  Don't have money? Get soda cans and sell them at a mechanic shop that's how I made all the money I used here so far and I loved what I got, sure it'd be nice to get more to start with but hey Imagine Online only gave you 1 slot for a character, want more pay 500 AP(Aeria Points) where $10 there was a measly 100AP so honestly to me Plat is very cheap compared to other games I've played *cough* Nexon *cough* so far I can only complain about RNG and maybe how Derpy my alt helmet gets when in shade.

Not everyone has access to money in such a way, like underaged people.

Well to be fair that's not a concern for DE cause if you're never gonna spend money then what's the point of you occupying server space ?

ofc you can't be too restrictive cause then game population might suffer but i think 2 frame slots is enough and is kind of required in a free to play model.

Just think if you just spend 20$ on the first founder pack and just buy slots then you never have to spend money on em ever again.

They obviously can't change that now cause it would be ridiculously unfair to all the players who bought them unless they give you the plat back which would't be a very good business move.

To be honest, having slots at all is really bad. In order to get more warframes/weapons, you have to SELL existing ones. All the time you've put into them? Gone.Oh you got Nyx but didn't like her compared to the one you had to sell? Too bad.

It is.... I can't understand it. There are PLENTY of reasons as to why a player would want to purchase platinum in this game, so why this is even a thing is beyond me.

Not that DE has to, or is even trying to, copy anyone, but many online games, F2P or otherwise, require players to buy additional slots. I do think DE is being a tad stingy with two slots (I think 3 would be a good number of free slots), but there's no proof if that's any better or worse, and by what measure.

I can give you a list of examples, or you can just look at any game that allows you to create a character. You usually only get a few slots, and the rest require purchases to unlock.

Just be glad we have an unlimited inventory because plenty of games require you to expand with purchases! I guess you can argue the weapon slots are like inventory, but we also have an inventory full of other stuff that plenty of other games charge for.

I'm not using other games as a legitimate reason for why DE should do this, btw. I'm just telling you that many other games do this, so it's not new. You act as if it's never been done before.

Well to be fair that's not a concern for DE cause if you're never gonna spend money then what's the point of you occupying server space ?

ofc you can't be too restrictive cause then game population might suffer but i think 2 frame slots is enough and is kind of required in a free to play model.

Just think if you just spend 20$ on the first founder pack and just buy slots then you never have to spend money on em ever again.

They obviously can't change that now cause it would be ridiculously unfair to all the players who bought them unless they give you the plat back which would't be a very good business move.

While I agree with your general idea I don't think that's a very good philosophy. I think that access to a few extra free slots would be good, just not too openly, maybe like true alerts, like potatoes and forma.

I seriously can't believe you people are defending against this.

How much have you guys spent so far? :\

Yes, of course. For starters is a recurrent strategy to make money in pretty much any F2P game (PC or Cell Phones): SWTOR, Tera, every Cryptic game, Battle Nations/other Z2 games for mobile, etc. Inventory space is considered a premium asset.

The vanilla content you have access to is significant. If you are getting to the point where you want more, it's just fair that you start putting some money into it. Remember it's not a free game made for charity, it's a free to play game (that mostly mean: you don't have to pay anything to START playing it).

2 Warframe Slots and what 8(?) Weapons slots gives you AT LEAST dozens of hours of gameplay, minimum. How longer do you need to play the game for free? Besides, with the initial Platinum you can buy 1 warframe slot and 4 weapons slots, which prolongs this initial "free" time for about 50%.

Right on the money.

The only this can be circumvented if slots are given after a player hits a certain rank.

Like rank 5 or rank 6.

By that time you would have used and thrown at least 3 to 4 frames and countless weapons (Rank 4 iirc require 10 weapons maxed and 2 frames at level 25). So it a nice to have as a reward.

Edited by fatpig84

nothing. I'm looking to spend $20 very soon, though.

the problem with some people is just entitlement, really. Have you actually tried some Korean MMOs?

They make you buy backpack space for real money.

They charge you such that whenever you 'upgrade' equipment (where there is a chance to break that equipment), you can buy some sort of 'upgrade lotion' to decrease chances of that equipment from breaking (and it can still break).

In some of them, some cosmetic items you can buy with real money actually have stat boosts.

20, it's cheap, bought a steam wallet card from gamestop (which doesn't require a credit/debit card) and bought some plat. It's not like they're rich as hell and can afford to indefinitely give things out for free, they have to make a living somehow.

I can't honestly believe either that some people think devs are some sort of billionaries that can afford to run a game for free either.

So that mean other developers who making good F2P where gamplay is not affected by "cash shop" or almost not affected(exp/drop boost bufs & etc) are billionaries?

Yeah shure it's 100 times more easy to put inventory slots in cash shop than making desing of new skins for warframes/weapons. It's all about laziness of DEV's. I better pay for subscription than play such F2P model. Before 8.0 i had no problem to buy inventory slots but now it's not only about inventory slots.

I would not complain if i didnt like this game, but i like this game and it's so fkn sad that DEV's going this way. It's not problem for me to spent money on game, but not on gameplay related stuff.

Edited by Keetsune

Once you have filled up all the inventory spaces of which there are enough of to have 2 completely separate builds with any frame and weapon of your choice, after that you have 3 choices

1) Buy some Platinum and be set for future. ( does't cost that much like i mentioned previously first founder pack or even 10$ will get you more than enough slots.

2) Don't buy anything and just keep selling and buying new gear. Not convenient right ? well convenience is what you pay for in F2P games.

3) Stop playing the game. As sad as it sounds if you're never gonna be a potential costumer then this game shall not miss you.

One thing they could implement is giving players additional slot per rank after rank 4 ( once you hit 5 you get 1 frame slot 2 weapon slots)

This would probably not be enough for you to not have to sell any of your gear till you hit that rank but it's better than nothing.

Keep in minds that in a F2P model it's completely fair to have stuff such as Slots,cosmetic options,booster packs as money purchases only and that is generally what F2P rely on to make money.

For those without credit cards or any way to buy platinum. Trust me i understand how you feel, i'v been on PSN ( playstation network) for years and was never able to buy any DLC's or extra content simply due to my country not being in the overall list.

It's really tough when you see your friends buying new maps/characters/expansion packs and you're unable to join them but that's just how it is sometimes. Life is unfair.

Best thing i can recommend you right now is to switch to another game while there are no options for you here yet.

Peace.

Edited by ZWarhammer

No it isn't frames you buy come with slots weapons to I think

You didn't understand my statement.

If there was no need for slots, I would be playing more and more... paying to get content remove the playtime I invest farming to earn my weapons and warframes. The need for slots kinda hold me back. And I'm not selling the weapons I earned.

Get it? I don't want to buy warframes and weapons with money. But I would certainly buy cosmetic options such as color palettes (which I did), alternate skins, voice packs, boosts...

I'm not buying content that skips part of my playtime, not a chance.

Not that DE has to, or is even trying to, copy anyone, but many online games, F2P or otherwise, require players to buy additional slots. I do think DE is being a tad stingy with two slots (I think 3 would be a good number of free slots), but there's no proof if that's any better or worse, and by what measure.

I can give you a list of examples, or you can just look at any game that allows you to create a character. You usually only get a few slots, and the rest require purchases to unlock.

Just be glad we have an unlimited inventory because plenty of games require you to expand with purchases! I guess you can argue the weapon slots are like inventory, but we also have an inventory full of other stuff that plenty of other games charge for.

I'm not using other games as a legitimate reason for why DE should do this, btw. I'm just telling you that many other games do this, so it's not new. You act as if it's never been done before.

Mate, I'm acting as if I think this is a bad move on any developers part. Just because this has been done before does not mean it's a good idea. Our inventory is divided, sure one part of that is practically unlimited, with resources and parts and what have you, but the other half (warframe and weapon slots) is very limited indeed, unless you pay up. In a perfect world, no F2P game should directly or indirectly force you to buy stuff, players should decide on their own what they want to spend money on.