The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I Need To Make Any Changes? If So What Changes?

(PSN)Drewstar1993

Question

Here's my current loadout with mods and current capacity, just hit rank 5 and wondering what I can change to increase my damage output.

Frame: Excalibur

Capacity: 0/65

Mods:Speed Holster(Max), Redirection(7), Steel Fiber(6), Vitality(6), Fast Deflection(4), Intensify(Max), Streamline(Max), Flow(Max) and Stretch(Max)

Primary: Karak (Will upgrade to Soma at rank 6)

Capacity: 0/30

Mods:Point Strike(Max), Speed Trigger(Max), Vital Sense(3) and Serration (6)

Secondary: Gammacor (Will upgrade to Syn Gammacor ASAP)

Capacity:0/60

Mods:Deep Freeze(Max), Heated Charge(Max), Convulsion(Max), Pathogen Rounds(Max), Quickdraw(Max), Hornet Strike(6) and Pistol Ammo Mutation to fill the gap until Hornet Strike is maxed.

Melee: Galatine

Capacity: 12/70

Mods:North Wind(4), Molten Impact(2), Fever Strike(2), Shocking Touch(2), Jagged Edge(Max), Finishing Touch(Max), Reach (Max) and Pressure Point(Max)

I know I still have stuff to max out and whatnot I just want to know what needs changing before I max something that I don't even need.

Many Thanks Drewstar

6 answers to this question

From what I'm seeing, you do not need, Fast Deflection, neither Finishing Touch, Fury mod could easly take the place.
I'd put another rank on Redirection and leave it there, definitelly level up Vitality. Steel fiber is not worth it in frames with less than 100 base armor.

You need to rank up those elementals. I suggest leaving the rifle and pistol base damage mods at the rank it drains 10 mod points (I believe it's 6), unless you're seriously thinking in putting catalyst on most weapons.

Well as an excal your going to want to strive for excellence with your exalted blade and radial blind more than anything. I built mine for sustainability. I use duration and efficency mods to make sure I never have to leave exalted blade. Power damage mods for obvious reasons. I decided to sacrifice my range for duration because the blade waves of EB aren't effected by range and I don't need to use blind unless I'm up close usually. Add in some survivability with vitality, some power restoration with rage and in my personal build I use equilibrium to regain health and energy from any orb I pick up, since your energy will eb always draining energy orbs will now serve as health to mitigate the little damg that your EB doesn't deflect.

As far as weapons that's all personal preference but keep in mind the EB benefits from melee mods (not the stats of the weapon) like attack speed, crit chance/dmg, base dmg mods, elemental dmg mods, range mods (only on the blade itself and not the blade waves) and status chance mods.

Also worth mentioning that excal receives a bonus of 10% to attack speed and dmg with one handed, dual swords, and nikanas

Edit: Added links to my build

Excal

http://imgur.com/gallery/E5NYiqY

Melee

http://imgur.com/TU0tV7A

Edit 2: Realized I previously took Rage off because I found I wasn't really taking enough dmg to justify the slot and when I was taking dmg it was generally adding to an already full energy pool. But id still advise it, especially if you tend to be a bullet sponge or are lacking the the mods to make your energy pool sustainable.

Edited by (PS4)appretice

Thanks for your advice guys, A few of the mods I have installed are there purely to use up the remaining space until I can rank up the mods I actually want to keep. Also I didn't know that it was just the mods that effect EBs damage i'll keep that in mind when building

Thanks for your advice guys, A few of the mods I have installed are there purely to use up the remaining space until I can rank up the mods I actually want to keep. Also I didn't know that it was just the mods that effect EBs damage i'll keep that in mind when building

If you have room, consider mods that deal extra dmg against enemy factions as well. Once you have ranked up all of the basics stuff and are well-geared then go run some Nightmare missions and Vault runs for even better mods. For now, level all of your elementals and crit mods if you can and remember to swap elements to deal the optimal amount of damage to enemy factions.

...remember to swap elements to deal the optimal amount of damage to enemy factions.

This. Personally I use magnetic (elec+cold) and toxin for corpus. Viral (toxin+cold) and radiation (fire+elec) for grineer. Corrosive (elec+toxin) and fire for infested. And I probably should have a specific elemental combo for the void but I just use my grineer loadout for that.