The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Stealth Farming Post-18.1

Dualstar

Question

Step 1: The Tools

s3NiJAP.jpg

dkaimiN.jpg

Note: Terminal Velocity would be in the empty slot there, but i dont have one.

LgFBZS2.jpg

Like you need anything else.

Step 2: The Gathering

This mission specifically is Vedic on Ceres.

XGHimTL.jpg

Make use of that maxed range Noise Arrow.

ZSt32HK.jpg

Step 3: The Money Shot

OrUDTqw.jpg

Use Navigator for longer range shots, as the Tonkors accuracy leaves something to be desired.

TnWYILF.jpg

And the payoff;

r7aTQOU.jpg

Tips & Observations;

-Prowl is best used for slipping past enemies on Dashwires, dont rely on it and nothing else.

-Dashwire Arrows last basically forever and you can use them to create vantage points high up and far out of enemy view.

-Use Cloak Arrows for checking corners. It costs less than Prowl does and with 250% range youll have quite alot of space to work with.

-Noise Arrow will not work if you shoot it somewhere the enemy cannot walk to (i.e. a ceiling) if this happens then all enemies affected by the Noise Arrow become immune to subsequent Nosie Arrows.

-If an enemy is alerted by seeing the death of another enemy, then a Sleep Arrow will usually incapacitate him long enough for him to go off alert.

-Enemies affected by Sleep Arrow can still be alerted by the deaths of nearby enemies.

-Usual duration of a mission is less than 10 minuites, exact number varies depending on number of enemies present.

-For that matter, Focus income is also affected. Usual income is more than 75*[Number of enemies]. Im also on affinity boosters so for a number of you reading this youll be getting half that.

Edited by Dualstar

14 answers to this question

Or... just put a lens on Loki + lens on War... put on primed reach or reach on the war and slide sweep everything as you go through ludi, ceres and obtain 14-20k focus points per run without a affinity booster...

but the most efficient is Loki + hushed tonkor yes

you're losing out on a lot of focus that can be obtained alongside the warframe and the weapon

Edited by Rionat

Sorry but, you're basically gaining 10k (or 20k with a lens on the frame too) in 10 minutes, which is a poor result if compared to Loki+melee stealth farming which grants 50k(or 1000k with 2 lenses)in 20 minutes..

Not saying your method is wrong or not valid, just saying I don't think it's the most efficent currently? If I'm missing something I'm sorry!

Edited by siralextraffo

That's an novel and probably relatively fun way to farm, but I'm not sure how effective it is. Looks like running around with WoF on might be faster and allow one to farm other things simultaneously.

Ember would be better for non-Corpus survivals and Interceptions, but no matter what youll have to be in mission alot longer to get the same income.

Hushed Invisibility Loki with Tonkor. Forget which map, but I think it's Phobos or Sedna Grineer Exterminate missions. Run to extraction without being alerted. Allow enemies to congregate and then start killing to set off your stealth multiplier. One of the senior clan members took us through this during the weekend and it's extremely good for focus/affinity. You have to coordinate in a squad so that no one alerts them, but he was farming focus and two of us took unranked weapons in. I don't remember his focus numbers, but weapons were getting in excess of 300K bonus affinity just from his stealth multiplier. Weapons went from 0 to 30, no problem in one run. I'm sure his focus numbers were impressive as well.

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72

If the 18.1 changes are any indication then i expect Lokis Invisibility  is going to recieve some changes that will be unwelcome to most.

Honestly changes to enemies alert have been already made and even unmade, so I'd say there's no reason to assume Loki will get a nerf; other than that, the way you'd run a stealth mission with Loki+melee is absolutely working as intended, while we can't tell the same of these grouping tactics that sadly will probably receive further tweaks.

Anyway, so far they're not the fastest or most efficent way to get focus points!

Hushed Invisibility Loki with Tonkor. Forget which map, but I think it's Phobos or Sedna Grineer Exterminate missions. Run to extraction without being alerted. Allow enemies to congregate and then start killing to set off your stealth multiplier. One of the senior clan members took us through this during the weekend and it's extremely good for focus/affinity. You have to coordinate in a squad so that no one alerts them, but he was farming focus and two of us took unranked weapons in. I don't remember his focus numbers, but weapons were getting in excess of 300K bonus affinity just from his stealth multiplier. Weapons went from 0 to 30, no problem in one run. I'm sure his focus numbers were impressive as well.

On PC changes were made to exterminate spawning to prevent this.

Enemies now also go on alert when thier allies die from gunfire in thier line of sight.

Anyway, so far they're not the fastest or most efficent way to get focus points!

Actually since i put up the thread i went and aquired another lens for my Ivara and now im getting the amount of focus you say youre getting.

Before then i wasnt aware that the lenses on frames could generate focus points from xp income from weapon kills.

And ultimately im just doing what i find to be most interesting. And i find this more interesting than using perma invis and spamming Broken Bull.

Actually since i put up the thread i went and aquired another lens for my Ivara and now im getting the amount of focus you say youre getting.

Before then i wasnt aware that the lenses on frames could generate focus points from xp income from weapon kills.

And ultimately im just doing what i find to be most interesting. And i find this more interesting than using perma invis and spamming Broken Bull.

Well sure, in the end the most important thing is to use the less annoying method and that's absolutely subjective!