The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Level Up Weak Primary/secondary Weapons Fast?

Scylax

Question

I'm referring to both freshly crafted weapons that don't have any mods on them and weapons that are just weak in general. I'm leveling the Grakata for mastery rank affinity right now, but the Spy missions have slowed down to just 2 levels a run with only the Grakata equipped (spy mission on Europa) and the Grakata is only at MR 15.

It's impossible to get stealth kills with guns unless you can one-hit something, even if you're invisible + have a silent gun, so that new mechanic really doesn't help. The only other thing I know of is to join a public match and take advantage of the affinity I get from my teammate's kills, but it'd be pretty bleak if there was only one way to reliably level non-1-hit-KO guns. Are there any other decent ways to level up weapons like the Grakata besides using teammate's affinity?

8 answers to this question

Spy missions usually do the trick, especially on higher level planets. its 12000 affinity per undetected vault on a spy on Ceres, totally 36000 for one mission (excluding the bonus experience).

I personally do not know of another faster way other than doing a super long survival mission.

Edited by (PS4)WellbornJoker4

Ivara on Pantheon, Mercury, putting every enemy to sleep and killing them before they can wake up or hear the gunshots. This should get the weapon high enough to use Hush. Note that enemies will wake up on taking 50% damage, but will not change their alertness state when they do so. Put them back to sleep and finish the job.

Then, Ivara on Charybdis, Sedna, putting every enemy to sleep and killing them before they can wake up or see their friends die and break your stealth combo.

Prowl for extra headshot damage.

Edited by Inarticulate

Well, while leveling my primary/secondary weaps i was using Rhino with decent melee weapon on Draco - killing only with melee. If you want to level up a melee weapon, again use Rhino and only that weapon equiped, first 1-2 runs (till ~8-10 lvl of weapon) on Semeni Ceres, then mod it and go Draco again. If you want to level up a frame, take decently moded Synoid Simulor (as your only weapon) and do same as with melee.

Not very entertaining drill, but surely pretty fast ;)

Edited by k4m43l

Addendum, because I forgot about melee weapons and frames.

For melee weapons, put on the corresponding stance and Pressure Point and go straight to Charybdis with Ivara.

For frames, I go to any Infested Defense on the infested ship tileset (the one used on Eris) and camp on top of the boxcar with a Torid.

I don't wanna be the guy that says Draco,

But Draco.

If you have Trinity, do an EV Trin build and just EV everything while the CC frame takes out everything, giving you affinity.
If you have Excal, do a RJ build and just RJ while the EV Trin gives you energy, which RJ gives you affinity.
If you have Frost, just make bubbles and the CC frame gives you affinity.

4 Rounds of interception should max your Secondary and Primary in no time, probably even a melee weapon too.  Just unequip your sentinel.

If you don't have one of these frames, don't worry, usually the host brings their own frame and weapons to level while the other three do the work.  In the end everyone gets rewarded with loot and affinity anyways, so it's no biggie.  I as an EV Trin always bring a primary and secondary to level, and then my Broken War or some other good melee weapon to kill strays.