The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler?] A Simple, And Possibly Dumb Question About The Focus System

(XBOX)Dnt3v3nBlnk

Question

I finished the Second Dream Quest, got the lens and don't remember being asked where I wanted it to be installed (warframe, weapon). I also can't find anything referring to it in game aside from going into the back of the ship or performing the current ability I have for it. I also don't see any indication that I'm earning affinity for my lens and I have the same frame and weapons equipped that I used through out. Where have I not checked?

9 answers to this question

A regular lens converts 5% of Affinity to Focus. A greater lens converts 7% of Affinity to Focus.

Assuming you're on a budget and have better things to spend your Platinum on, the best mode of action is probably:

1. Apply your first one or two lenses to get started. It's preferable to select a frame for the first lens. If you primarily deal damage with weapons instead of abilities, put your second lens on a weapon you use often. If your frame has a damaging ability that gets you the majority of your kills, hold onto the second lens instead.

2. Gather more lenses. You can get them from Sorties, or buy them from other players. You probably shouldn't be paying more than 5 Platinum per lens, and it is advisable to trade lenses one for one.

3. Craft a greater lens and replace your existing lens(es) with greater lens(es).