Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Question] Slide + Melee Spam?

Vyra

http://youtu.be/RpktK6C54a4

how do people do ths without breaking their pinky-finger?

if i had to hold down ctrl, shift ALL the time and addiotionally pressing W and E my hand would get serious dmg over time...

its actually already really painful after a long game sesssion.. but this guy... oO

how?

Edited by Vyra

Macros

edit:

Boy do I hate him for abusing that.

is there any guide for Warframe specific macros for this?

oh and is it legal to use third party software that advantage your movement that much?

dont want to breaks rules..lol

Edited by Vyra

oh and is it legal to use thrid party software that advantage your movement that much?

I have no idea, but personally I see it as a glitch/abusing a system (whether you think it is or is not idc) so I wouldn't use it.

well, for me i play with my left hand on my mouse and right hand on my keyboard(yes, I must be crazy but left handed be left handed) so it's much more easier for me to do it. Though I don't really support doing this unless you just need a short boost, and are not spamming through the whole map for a speed run.

oh and is it legal to use third party software that advantage your movement that much?

Its just cheesy to macro it. And it will get changed/broken if to many people exploit it with macros.

Using toggle crouch it's just pressing the same two buttons over and over again. Pretty easy to do it that fast without a macro with a bit of practice.

Using a Lato is harder on the fingers.

Edited by HomeyCDawg

Well usually i take my time to clear all rooms without rushing...

but since Nyx Systems is a pain in the arse to get i just rush to boss and leave fast :D

anyways they should put it on use 3 times then it should have cooldown of 5 secs =)

Edited by Vyra

but since Nyx Systems is a pain in the arse to get i just rush to boss and leave fast :D

anyways they should put it on use 3 times then it should have cooldown of 5 secs =)

or just put 0.5 sec CD in between so macros cant go faster than normal people.

Dude, I feel you. Got Nyx systems running with three friends and the host crashed when we were waiting at the exit area for the Rhino (he was like rank 2 on that warframe at the time lol). After host migration, we were still in the mission but didn't get any items for completing.

On topic: I love slide dash for getting into the middle of a mob and exploding them or something. The trick is to get the rhythm of the button presses down so you can do it without thinking.

The sprint->slide->jump move where you tumble forward is also fun for getting into trouble (when done fast enough you don't even see your character crouch to slide), and sets up an awesome looking ground attack.

You can tell when someone is bad at vidya.  "Can't do a 4 button input, must be a macro!"

Well, tbf you can do it, but to do it for a long period of time/constantly would damage your hand beyond repair VERY fast (using default buttons, other buttons could make it easier obv, and a macro makes it both less damaging and easier and faster)

just run with shift, then press control, then press E, repeat. not difficult, just get used to the timing and its easy, just like rocket jumping in TF2. honestly it just takes practice,

edit: also there is a way to do it like him without using the shift key, if you time it right you can just press control and then E repeatedly. keeping the momentum, guys this is the same as bunny hopping in half life or DooM

Edited by CormacMccarthy

Uh, yes? I don't know about you, but I'm capable of double-tapping a key without a particularly long pause between.

He's not just double tapping (I don't do it personally because it looks stupid and it's exploiting a mechanic imo) but he's consistently spamming it over and over, to me that looks like a macro, esp since if you don't have a gaming mouse it would kill your hand unless you rebound keys (which he could do).

However regardless if I'm right or wrong on how he does it, it's still exploiting something they have tried to stop from being done before I think.

Eh...

I think I got this one guys.

I use a xbox controller here, it would be pretty damn easy to do that with a bit of practice ( my crouch used to toggle on the right stick, but I messed with it, now it's a hold down, it's ruined). I don't think I'd be able to do that now, I'm not very gentle, I would probably bust the stick. :/

But anyway, on an xbox control, run, toggle, melee, melee, run, toggle, rinse and repeat until you're through.