Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire Rate On Semi-Autos Is Still Meaningless [Even In U10]

Volt_Cruelerz

so many words, and you are wrong. if there would be no fs on semi auto pistols / guns chimps like me would macro them to faster fire speeds than automatic guns.. making you complain, oh, so OP 

I'm confused what you mean here.  Who are you talking to?

Holy crap.

Didn't the aklato get nerfed because of some ridiculous fire speed that, like akbolto it seems, incentivized using a macro to fully utilize?

Cause I don't see a reason to even have a fire speed like that.

I also support the topic of fixing semi-auto fire rate, because I really like to use semi-auto weapons.

Yes, those stats are misleading for semi-auto. They are sanity caps for macroing. We actually do a bit of buffering of mouse inputs for semi-auto.

That is in reference to those who use auto-clickers or bind thier fire keys to the Mouse Wheel I assume?

In regards to semi-auto though I don't notice an issue. Usually for thier decreased fire rate they take increased damage.

It might make the game less "immersive" or whatever, but this would be solved by just making the weapons act like they're automatic. It's not like the current situation makes clicking representative of pulling a trigger.

Alternatively, uncouple input buffering (presumably polling) from graphics/framerate buffering. That's the kind of stuff that you see often on consoles due to hardware resource limitations, and this may be the first PC game I've seen in a very long time that does it.

Allowing all weapons to simply fire continuously as long as the button is held is a great idea in my opinion. It works in countless other action games where you deal with hordes of enemies. It's not about auto or semi-auto, it's about ergonomy, health, and sanity; most people who play this game haven't held a gun in their life anyway, so I don't see the problem. It's a shooting game, not a shooting simulator; we don't tap W repeatedly to move forward either.

Edited by Winterbraid

• 1 month later...

Allowing all weapons to simply fire continuously as long as the button is held is a great idea in my opinion. It works in countless other action games where you deal with hordes of enemies. It's not about auto or semi-auto, it's about ergonomy, health, and sanity; most people who play this game haven't held a gun in their life anyway, so I don't see the problem. It's a shooting game, not a shooting simulator; we don't tap W repeatedly to move forward either.

As a player who has held a gun (And shot great amounts of ammo,) I can agree that this game is very far removed from the reality of fire arms.

Hell, even the fire rates are bull. Semi auto means it fires when ever you pull the trigger. Sure, on some guns, that would break your shoulder/wrist, but it's still possible. Semi auto does not mean it fires every time you pull the trigger, if enough time has passed from the last time you did.

Fire rate is not at all meaningless on semiautos. Indeed, it's still of crucial importance.

I agree that animation visuals and effects should be less closely coupled to frame rate, but in the meantime, knock down some settings to get fps where you need it to be.

Your Latron is a slow weapon, if you tried that on Aklatos or Akboltos, then you would get less than satisfactory results.

Disagree.

Fully functional on both my Aklatos and Akboltos. I just need to click faster.

I agree that animation visuals and effects should be less closely coupled to frame rate, but in the meantime, knock down some settings to get fps where you need it to be.

It sounds like it's more than a settings issue:

EDIT 4: Speed Trigger with minimum settings while zoomed in at the floor, I was able to dump a magazine in 4.8 seconds.  Which means that despite a supposed 8 fire rate, I was actually getting a mere 3.125 rate, still less than what the previous supposed base rate is.

Tried again with Speed Trigger.

They still haven't fixed this? Valve fixed this type of problem by changing the way their game engine function and they published it. There is no reason this should be a lingering issue for more than a week or two. There are software means to divorce frame rate and fire rate from effecting each other that is why team fortress works on even the worst PC.

Fire rate is not at all meaningless on semiautos. Indeed, it's still of crucial importance.

It is crucial, but my point was that your hardware can actually be more useful than the stats of the weapon or the mods you put on it.  My laptop isn't the best, but it certainly isn't bad either, and honestly, it's probably about average.  Yet, despite this, I'm only getting half or less of the listed fire rate?  That's simply absurd.  I'm running on minimum settings with what looks to be 50+ frames per second which I'm assuming to be 60 fps.  The thing is though that even when I adjust my settings, despite not changing my frame rate during the tests (though obviously with max everything, it's much easier for things to start lagging whereas on min settings, everything has to be exploding before that happens).  Now, when frame rate starts visibly dropping to a crawl, you can see huge drops in rate which is obviously completely unacceptable.

The point is, right now, better hardware will literally make your weapons better.  I don't have bad hardware and I'm doing half the advertised or less.  This is simply absurd.  I don't know what parts of their engine code they need to divorce, but it needs to be done so post haste.

It sounds like it's more than a settings issue:

Problem is, you can't do anything to fix it after you've already hit min settings.  I was literally zoomed in at the floor on stupidly ugly settings and getting less than half an advertised rate on a computer that isn't bad.  That is wildly unacceptable.

• 1 month later...