Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exterminate Rewards

Sines314

So, been doing stealthy exterminate runs with Ivara for Focus (and Ivaras 3 forma...) and I'm finding even when the stealth part fails, I still have a pretty good time fighting a limited number of really hard enemies. Turning off the alarms really does matter, as you can open up a new section of the map, and stealthily kill a few enemies or set traps or something before going in guns blazing. Those fresh rooms filled with enemies to kill who aren't yet aware of you is unlike anything else, especially since Spy missions still spawn an infinite number of enemies, and there's no reason to kill anyone outside of the vaults.

And yet, the XP seems to be the only reward for it. No caches, no secret hidden areas (unless you count Orokin Moon Crossfire), no bonuses, nothing. 4000 credits for doing a Ceres exterminate mission, and that's it. Why is that? Why do Spy missions give me three rewards, and Exterminates give me a few credits? Why do I get survival rewards for not dying against a horde of weak enemies, but not for killing a smaller number of harder enemies? 

Seriously, I like the Exterminate mission type, as simple as it can be, but there is no reason to do it, apart from being a good mission type to rack up stealth kills on. While I'd really like some kind of interesting overhaul to make Exterminate 2.0 (I'm not sure what, but something to emphasize the 'small number of hard enemies' without making more bullet sponges), I'd be satisfied if I could just get some void keys. Or cores. Or larger amounts of credits, or anything other than 4000 credits for doing a Ceres mission where the average enemy level is 34.

This is no big overhaul request. Just let exterminate missions have their own reward table like every other mission type.

Exterminates are not hard in any way. No fresh spawns, basically zero chance of failure. You would have to die 4 times in order to fail an extermination mission.

Unless you did not bring ANY melee weapon, I'm not even sure how it would be possible to do so, other then take an unranked Frame to Pluto and run totally out of bullets, and have no Ammo Restores.

Would be nice to get an overhaul, but I fail to see why that mission type, unless it gets a lot more complex, will ever have "decent" rewards. If anything, it should always have a drop table that contains all of the basic mods, as a thing for newer players.