The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avalanche And Armour Reduction / Power Strength

Cynick

Question

19 answers to this question

243% power strength gives 97.2% reduction.  258% power strength gives 103.2% armor reduction.  I can't get any closer than that on either end, but the math says it's linear and that exactly 250% power strength will give 100% reduction.  In case you're curious, I was using Power Drift, R6 Blind Rage, R9 Tranny Fort, and Intensify. 

243% power strength gives 97.2% reduction.  258% power strength gives 103.2% armor reduction.  I can't get any closer than that on either end, but the math says it's linear and that exactly 250% power strength will give 100% reduction.  In case you're curious, I was using Power Drift, R6 Blind Rage, R9 Tranny Fort, and Intensify. 

Is the armour reduction not capped? 

^ Was why I said I couldn't get any closer.  I was just checking to make sure it actually went to 100, since a google search pulled up several posts saying it was capped at 90 from August.  

This is why I was asking. Of course there is no point raising it over 100% ha. 

Oh hey Cwellann, I remember you :D

Just got some time to do some testing myself to confirm! This was great info, thanks. 

In my opinion the reduction is weak. I camt see that avalanche reduction of armor does any effect at the killing speed. I mean i tried corrosive projectile that reduces armor and this i can feel really hard i dont know why they writing 40 % of reduction thats Bulls...

In my opinion the reduction is weak. I camt see that avalanche reduction of armor does any effect at the killing speed. I mean i tried corrosive projectile that reduces armor and this i can feel really hard i dont know why they writing 40 % of reduction thats Bulls...

The reduction only being 40% at base (Without power strength) is for the balance, power strength can get it to do 100% armor reduction, but only by the enemies affected by his ultimate.

Corrosive Projection and Avalanche (With power strength) are one in the same, but CP is more useful because it affects every enemy on the map without having to cast anything. 

Go into LoR with a good Frost and only 2 CP's (yes, I know this isn't a thing you would normally want to do, but pugs will be pugs).  I promise, you will notice a difference in how fast Hek's health goes down when he's frozen as opposed to when he's not.

That, and thread subject aside, I've personally always viewed the armor reduction as extremely secondary to the fact that you can cast freaking STOP.  CC doesn't get any harder than that.

Edit:  Oh, and CP and Avalanche stack multiplicatively, just like Link and CP, so, for example, 2CP and a base strength avalanche will remove 76% of armor, not 100%.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann