Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Account To Steam

Z3ox

Question

Hi guys :D, first of all, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :D

Ok, this is the thing, i wanna get the new steam workshop helmets and stuff, but i can´t buy it because i don´t have my warframe account link to my Steam account. So...how works that?, do you have to download all the game from steam or something?. I wanna the excalibur helmets u.u

5 answers to this question

Add Warframe as a "non-steam game" on steam, launch Warframe, log in, a prompt should then come up saying "would you like to link your warframe account to this steam account?", click yes and it should link them. 

Are you sure it works when you add it as a non-steam game? Because usually that just means you added the overlay, Steam doesn't recognize it as Warframe its just an .exe for Steam. Would be really suprised if it would work.

In case it doesn't. Start the download on steam, pause it, copy your Warframe files into the newly created Warframe folder in the Steam folder, go to your library and let steam verfiy the files instead of starting the download again. That way you should be able to add Warframe to Steam without having to redownload it again.

Are you sure it works when you add it as a non-steam game? Because usually that just means you added the overlay, Steam doesn't recognize it as Warframe its just an .exe for Steam. Would be really suprised if it would work.

In case it doesn't. Start the download on steam, pause it, copy your Warframe files into the newly created Warframe folder in the Steam folder, go to your library and let steam verfiy the files instead of starting the download again. That way you should be able to add Warframe to Steam without having to redownload it again.

That's how I remember doing it when I first linked my warframe and steam account's since I used the standalone launcher before and couldn't be bothered to re-download the steam version. Though that was about 2 years ago so I could be remembering incorrectly.

and where is the default folder of the game? (no the steam one)

That's how I remember doing it when I first linked my warframe and steam account's since I used the standalone launcher before and couldn't be bothered to re-download the steam version. Though that was about 2 years ago so I could be remembering incorrectly.

I dare to disagree on this one. I've done it a year or two ago like this as well (Linking it to steam as a non steam game) and all I got was the overlay and a fake non working steam library shortcut. If you really want it on steam, you have to redownload it on steam.

Though that's not a problem as all your progress is stored online, so if you delete the game now, redownload via steam you wouldn't notice any difference besides the befits from steam