The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Useful Frames I Found.

Waagabondh

Before the reset I tried almost every frame in the game.

Including Rhino and Trinity of course. I played Rhino during the glory days of Iron skin.

I have tried most melee weapons, including Fragor, Dual Ether, Ether swords you name it.

For weapons I had the good old Snipetron potatoed and modded (gone now after reset)

Above all Kraken, Lex, Afuris, Hekk, Boar and the god like Strun.

You know what the most fun is?

We pay alot of new frames. But the most hilarious in Warframe is that the best frames are given to us free at start.

Excalibur is one of the top 3 frames in the game, hands down. A fully modded Slash Dash and Javelin is all you need.

The flash is not bad either in a tight situation. But most frames does not have all 4 great abilities.

Excalibur have a godlike #1 ability and a great #4 ability.

The #1 is one of the best in games, hands down. Rhino Rush is not even half as good both in damage and range.

But after trying around with trinity, Vaug, Rhino, Ember, yaddi yadda....damage weapons here....this there....

The overall best Frame in my opinon?

Loki

Free at character creation or 75 platinum.

First: Decoy

This is all you need during a defence mission. A fully modded decoy lasts forever, take a lot of damage, and it drags aggro from all corners of the map. Thats how decou works. Forget about Rhino Taunts...all you need is decoy. It works better then any tank in game at the moment.

Invisibility: Get a fury mod and max it for 150% charge damage on melee attack. Add in 200% damage from charge attacks when invisible. And have fun 1 shooting ancients with dual zorens, or two shooting them.

With a mediocre flow mod, you can be permanently invisible during any encounter. Loki got massive energy pool as base, with Flow it becomes huge. You can at all times ATLEAST use 3 invisibility, and this when you are at around 30% of your max energy. Thats 30 seconds of invisibility at a maxed out invisibility, or 18 seconds at rank 0.

Loki makes best use of melee weapons.

Weapons: Every one discuss weapons here, weapons there. I have tried them all.

Best weapons in game?> You want to rape those damage stats?

Go melee weapons.

Get a pair of Dual Zorens, potatoed and with attack speed and charge speed, AP mod, Fire damage ( for infested), electricity (for corpus), always use AP on it. And enjoy the OP stuff.

If you want a 2h, get a scindo. Your AP mod makes it good enough vs grinear, but the triple damage vs infested from zoren and scindo is where it makes out.

I have tried dual ether, dual heat swords etc.

Trust me, potatoed and modded Dual Zoren is just much better, especially vs infested.

But this goes especially with Loki. Due to invisibility giving you 200% extra damage on charge attacks and 150% on normal attacks. The extremly fast charge attacks on Dual Zoren and extremly fast auto attacks makes him make absolute max out of his invisibility skill wielding melee weapons.

If you believe Ether or Heat is better then Dual Zoren for Loki, then you have not tried Dual Zoren and as such are wrong.

Dual Zoren might not be as powerful for other frames, but for Loki, due to his invisibility melee damage bonus, Dual Zoren is border line overpowered. As a bonnus he get the spin travel.

You will one shoot all normal infested with dual zorens even outside of invisibility, definately in.

You will in invisibility 2 shoot ancients with charged attacks, basically 2 quick charges with the zorens which takes a second.

No other frame can beat this.

Pistols: There are but 2 pistols in this game truly worth it, and a 3rd possibly.

Bronco or Dual Bronco as #1

Kraken as #2

and personally I think Afuris makes it in for a #3 spot.

Rifles are not bad, and again, the "starter weapons" are underpowered.

Braton is by far the best standard rifle once dully modded. Latron is not bad.

But again, if its damage you want to deal, Strun or Hekk does by far the most damage.

If you have to snipe, pick up a Lex. Snipe weapons are cool but your damage will just not be good.

Again: Best damage in game: Go heavy on melee weapons. You must have skill in ranged as there are some mobs you should not go into melee with.

And again, #1 melee frame in this game is Loki. Ashe does not even come close. Not even remotely close.

Vanish got a small time before active, and it lasts half the time of invisibility.

Not to mention Decoy, and then #3 and #4 from Loki is good too.

So, ou want to deal damage: Loki and go melee. Preferably Dual Zoren and Dual Broncos. For rifle....whatever you want to level.

Or pick Excalibur, he can do the job almost as good and is an insanely good frame.

Ember is extremly tanky with her #2 and is on par with Loki vs Infested, almost. But not as good.

Trinity is a great survivalist, and is a definate top 4 best frames in game (Loki, Excalibur, Ember and Trinity)

You got all these tanks, all those expensive frames. I tried them all.

And its funny how the best frames are the cheaper ones and 2 out of my top 3 are the free choice at start.

My Advice to new players and who want to invest in platinum for new frames and gear:

Pick Excalibur or Loki at start.

Buy the Female Warframe bundle (450 plat), in this you get: Trinity, Ember and Mag (mag being one of 3 starter characters).

In the female warfrgame bundle you get 2 of the best frames in game: Ember and Trinity.

And since you choose Excalibur or especially Loki at start, your all good for any situation.

Dont buy Rhino or Frost. They are never needed.

You never need snowglobe to rez anyone, never.

Loki can do this in invisibility, or anyone using a Shade sentinel can do this in peace.

Frost is simply bad, at everything, since everyone can do without him.

Rhinos Iron skin is great, despite nerfed, but the game is simply not in need of tanks, its better to have raw damage.

If you want a tank, then Loki throws down a decoy and it takes all aggro from an entire very large room.

And if your team need immunity for a short time, then trinitys #4 gives this. And if there is a super hard mini boss wrecking havoc, just Link it with Trinity and focus on other mobs, or have Loki go invisible and just kill it in seconds.

They need to get the other frames up to Loki, Trinity and Embers state, and Excalibur not to forget.

Dont spend plat on unecessary frames when I list above what you need.

And for weapons: Dual Zorens if you want to potatoe and got mods.

Scindo if you want to go heavy melee, but you need the mods to get it in, attach speed and charge damage is the two most important none elemental damage mods. AP, Fire and Electricity being the elemental mods you need, always use AP but fire or electricity you change out depending on Corpus or Infested missions.

Long post, alot of spam.

But you get the point.

I wouldn't say you NEVER need snowglobe (read it overall, to each their own opinion on what's best at X or Y) because corpus and grineer can sometimes not be in sight of decoy/blind so they can still attack other things.

To pick a frame that can do this, over frames with better overall utility, for the once per blue moon encounters that you will survive anyway, especially in a team where you will have trinity or Loki.

No, its not needed.

A 4 man team consists of Trinity and Loki, and vs infested you must have an Ember, and as a 4th, you either take another Trinity Loki or Ember.

The rest of the frames are not required.

Vs none Infested you ditch Ember and go double trinity and double Loki. You dont need anything else.

You dont need banshees sonar for damage when you got Loki doing insane melee damage as it is, and with dual zoren speed jump, a 25%+ rush mod and Lokis sprint speed, he will be anywhere on the map at most times, which is required during Corpus defence missions.

In infested missions just decoy and let them run to you.

And with Decoy, it generally attracts aggro even from stuck mobs, so they will fire on the decoy from range anyway.

So no, Frost is not required. Carrying a Frost for the once per blue moon encounter you WILL survive and handle anyway is no point.

Well...

I would argue that some stuff are better than others (for example, kunai). And some frames are better then others as well (I like Loki to farm materials with max speed and stamina, but nothing more than that). I agree that Ember and Excalibur are among the best frames in the game but personally I don't like trinity...

Dual Zorens are a must, I agree :D

but I'm not much of a melee kind of person, so I like Latron and Paris :D

game is too easy if range means nothing.

all weps that people feel are best are all in-your-face weps. their range is suppose to mean something but since you can just walk up to things and nuke them you just go for those.

id love for warframe to get tough enough that people are actually scared to get into close range.

enemies that really make you say "for the love of god shoot it before it gets close".

even disruptors dont cut it with how fire stun locks them. and just staggers and other CC in general.

Edited by MetalGerbil

So you don't need snowglobe?

This guy must be something.

You mean for the Corpus missions with MOAs.

Snowglove is good there, and only there, and they most of the time can shoot through Snowglobes.

For rezzing: most carry a shade anyway, and you will go stealth when rezzing. Or loki without shade can just go invisible and rez.

Snowglobe is overated.

Im not saying its not good, but its the only thing this frame brings to a defence mission.

Moa firing on you? Pop a decoy instead, they got range, you can throw it quite far away.

Just cause you play frost, I undestand you want to be valuable. But the truth is, all you need as a base in this game is  Trinity and Loki.

I used to run with Rhino and a heap of other frames.

Its just funny to see that a starter frame is among the most powerful, and Trinity well she is just god like. The combination is great.

Place a Link on a MOA or #4 from Trinity if you have problems, so no, snow globe is not needed.

Loki, thats my favorite warframe, i dont really need anything else for something. I did had some argues with another loki related the melee weapon, he strongly suggested gram.. others hate.... now dual zoren.... Well my choice will gonna remain the Glaive. I do have my reasons of course, i was so close to chose dual zorens over glaive, because of the invisibility bonus dmg, but going melee near stuff isnt really my style. I do agree that you can easyly kill acients, but now we got the ogris (rocket launcher clan weapon). So avoiding toxic ancients is a must for me, thats why i prefer my glaive, when im the host i really do enough damage to more then 1 ancients to keep stuff under control from a safe distance.

Thats my gameplay.. haters gonna hate... my arsenal is this: shade, paris, kunai and glaive. Only thing i still need are formas and the thunderbolt mod for my paris, i reformed my loki 3 times :). And everything from my arsenal is moded and potatoed, even the burst laser pistol from my shade.

Slow and steady ima gonna build the most overpowered loki, ohh and about the mods i use: vitality, steel fiber, redirection, continuity, flow and streamline (and i got essence helmet).

Edited by Desauron

Well...

I would argue that some stuff are better than others (for example, kunai). And some frames are better then others as well (I like Loki to farm materials with max speed and stamina, but nothing more than that). I agree that Ember and Excalibur are among the best frames in the game but personally I don't like trinity...

Dual Zorens are a must, I agree :D

but I'm not much of a melee kind of person, so I like Latron and Paris :D

Melee weapons does by far the most damage, but its fun to use ranged.

I used to have a maxed out paris with Thunderbolt. Now after Reset I actually found a new thunderbolt mod, but still Paris is fun but its not good.

Latron is a great rifle, for sure.

Dual Zorens is not just for speed traveling, the damage they do is insane once modded. Ether and Heat swords fall far behind.

If you dont have an AP mod then Ether is better, but with AP mod, Zorens is great also vs none infested.

Loki is great for more then just farming. Decoy during infested missions is the best aggro magnet in game currently. Making Rhino Iron skin even more uselsss.

Trinity placing Link on some hard hitting MOA where frost players insist on snow globe being crucial, takes care of that.

Or #4.

Trinity does not just bring healing, she brings energy. Energy Vampire is great for the whole team.

Trinity is tank, healer, general dope supplieer and does the combined job of Frost and Rhino in one frame. Loki and Trinity works great together and complement eachother greatly.

Ashe is a good alternative to Loki but he is simply not as good, he will never do as much damage and lack the survival of Loki. (Invisibility lasts longer and no 1 second casting animation).

Look, i'm not gonna complain about your opinion, but saying the rest of the warframes are NOT NEEDED is going a bit too far. I would love to see a well played Frost/Rhino as i've seen making you change your opinion.

you never need a trinity, warframe is one of the only games where you dont always need a healer on your back, if you have a infested def its more than enough to have 3 embers and 1 nyx, 3 times world in flames burns even heavy infested in some secons, trinity is one of the most redundant frames at the time and i would never use her, because a frost can easily solo every boss and even t3 tower, which is harder with loki or other frames. also why do you say snoglobe is not needed for a rez or taht enemies can shoot through it? not even railguns can penetrate it and and if you clean enemies 5-7m away from you you wont have problems, its one of the most useful skills even if you only want to slow down phorid or kril.

Loki, thats my favorite warframe, i dont really need anything else for something. I did had some argues with another loki related the melee weapon, he strongly suggested gram.. others hate.... now dual zoren.... Well my choice will gonna remain the Glaive. I do have my reasons of course, i was so close to chose dual zorens over glaive, because of the invisibility bonus dmg, but going melee near stuff isnt really my style. I do agree that you can easyly kill acients, but now we got the ogris (rocket launcher clan weapon). So avoiding toxic ancients is a must for me, thats why i prefer my glaive, when im the host i really do enough damage to more then 1 ancients to keep stuff under control from a safe distance.

Thats my gameplay.. haters gonna hate... my arsenal is this: shade, paris, kunai and glaive. Only thing i still need are formas and the thunderbolt mod for my paris, i reformed my loki 3 times :). And everything from my arsenal is moded and potatoed, even the burst laser pistol from my shade.

Slow and steady ima gonna build the most overpowered loki, ohh and about the mods i use: vitality, steel fiber, redirection, continuity, flow and streamline (and i got essence helmet).

Glaive is not a bad choice. For Loki I mainly recomend that you go melee, which you do, to utilize his invisibility.

And no you dont need to spam invisible, but it makes you into a murder machine.

For diseased ancients I use my potatoed and maxed out dual broncos to make the process short.

All other ancients I go invisible and just use charge attacks on, usually two, even with dual zorens, is enough to get them. Very high level ancients will require a few more but your invisible and safe.

Zorens due to their travel speed, insane attack speed and crit.

If you dont utilize invisible as much then anything goes.

Definately not gram, well its not bad.

For heavy weapons, Scindo is the best. Hands down. Fragor is not bad.

Any weapon that is heavily modded becomes very strong, generally enjoy what you want.

Reazon for zoren on Loki is to maximize damage during invisibility. If you war not using invisibility that much you got a great choice in Glaive.

I generally would not recomend heavy weapons on loki as you will not get as much out of Invisibility.

Loki is best used with fast 1h or dual weapons.

Ashe is better at using heavy weapons, or other frames.

I LIKE THESE FRAMES AND FOLLOW MY SUGGESTION ENTIRELY BASED AROUND THE FRAMES I HAPPEN TO LIKE, WHICH MY POST WAS ABOUT, IF YOU CAN READ.

Seriously, have your opinion, but don't act like every one else is useless. Personally, I enjoy playing Trinity, Vauban, and Nyx. I enjoy using them, since I find every frame to be situational until you have a better understanding of their ability mechanics. Vauban is my awesome defense guy. Nyx is my balanced character that can tackle any situation, but isn't necessarily great doing it. Trinity is my support character which is awesome for things like Phorid or Void missions. My friends play Vauban, Rhino, and Excalibur. It's personal taste and playstyle, and there is no "This guy makes doing X so much easier" when you know how to and want to play the character you enjoy.

Edited by Lykalos

Look, i'm not gonna complain about your opinion, but saying the rest of the warframes are NOT NEEDED is going a bit too far. I would love to see a well played Frost/Rhino as i've seen making you change your opinion.

I used to play mainly Rhino.

He was strong before the Iron skin nerf.

But seriously, even now Iron skin is not bad.

But thats all Rhino got going for him: Iron skin. hes other abilities are not good.

Excaliburs Slash Dance is four times better then Rhino charge.

Ember #2 is better then Iron skin vs Infested.

Iron skin taunt is not required when Loki got Decoy with an innate taunt.

Frost ONLY skill going for him is Snowglobe, which is mainly used during rezzing or heavy hitting mobs.

The hardest hitting mobs in the game shoot through Snowglobe anyway, making Link from Trinity or Trinity #4 superior.

Rhino and Frost are cool and all, but not required frames.

As a tank vs Infested Ember is better then them both combined.

And trinity is best tank in game anyway.

I LIKE THESE FRAMES AND FOLLOW MY SUGGESTION ENTIRELY BASED AROUND THE FRAMES I HAPPEN TO LIKE, WHICH MY POST WAS ABOUT, IF YOU CAN READ.

Seriously, have your opinion, but don't act like every one else is useless. Personally, I enjoy playing Trinity, Vauban, and Nyx. I enjoy using them, since I find every frame to be situational until you have a better understanding of their ability mechanics. Vauban is my awesome defense guy. Nyx is my balanced character that can tackle any situation, but isn't necessarily great doing it. Trinity is my support character which is awesome for things like Phorid or Void missions. My friends play Vauban, Rhino, and Excalibur. It's personal taste and playstyle, and there is no "This guy makes doing X so much easier" when you know how to and want to play the character you enjoy.

Your friend is playing 2 of the 4 frames I am listing, in his 3 frames he is playing.

Rhino was decent, but no more, though it looks cool.

Im not telling people this is it, Im just helping people to make choices before they start to spend platinum on frames.

Every frame is good, but some are outstanding.

Im listing the ones that is outstanding and above all, cheap to come by.

Vaub I used as well, he is nice for defence missions indeed, but even there not required, not at all. But he is good.

There is no bad frame in war frame.

But there are some that is better by a fair margain then the others.

Loki, Excalibur, Trinity and Ember stands out quite far above the rest.

And thats all Im saying.

you never need a trinity, warframe is one of the only games where you dont always need a healer on your back, if you have a infested def its more than enough to have 3 embers and 1 nyx, 3 times world in flames burns even heavy infested in some secons, trinity is one of the most redundant frames at the time and i would never use her, because a frost can easily solo every boss and even t3 tower, which is harder with loki or other frames. also why do you say snoglobe is not needed for a rez or taht enemies can shoot through it? not even railguns can penetrate it and and if you clean enemies 5-7m away from you you wont have problems, its one of the most useful skills even if you only want to slow down phorid or kril.

Rail guns actually have penetrated snow globe.

Im not saying its useless, but due to everyone running around with shade, for rezzing its not needed.

Trinitys heal is the most minor thing she have. If you see trinity as a healer then you are not giving her right.

You got a problem with rail gunning birds?:: Throw a link on them, and you dont need snow glove.

You got several, use Trinity #4, not for the heal or energy gain, but you are immune to all forms of damage for a few seconds after this ability is activated.

Trinity brings far more then being able to "heal", she is a far better tank then Rhino or Frost can ever be, due to her Link+energy vampire combo.

And for infested missions, indeed a few embers is all you need. Loki however will be on par and possibly out damage an ember even on infested missions though. Invisibility and heavy melee does redicilous amounts of damage, and he is great as an ancient killer.

Still agreed.

Again, most frames brings something good, you can never go wrong with your choice of frame in this game.

But there are 4 that stands out above the rest.

Frost and Vauban are much better for Assassination and Defense missions...

And Ash is better with melee weapons because of Smoke Screen

Loki is actually kinda useless

Smoke screen gives Ash 50% extra damage with melee weapons on normal attacks, and 100% on charged attacks, for 2/4 or 6 seconds.

Smoke screen takes 1 second to cast.

Lokis invisibility last 6/8 or 10 seconds.

He does 150% damage with normal attacks and 200% on charge attacks, with melee weapons.

Loki can use Decoy with an inbuilt taunt.

Loki also have a heavy damage #4 vs infested

So tell me again what it is that Ashe does better then Loki?

Ashe does not even come close to Loki when it comes to damage, Ashe have better armor and more hitpoints, and he have shurikens. Thats it:-)

Edited by Waagabondh

You mean for the Corpus missions with MOAs.

Snowglove is good there, and only there, and they most of the time can shoot through Snowglobes.

For rezzing: most carry a shade anyway, and you will go stealth when rezzing. Or loki without shade can just go invisible and rez.

Snowglobe is overated.

Im not saying its not good, but its the only thing this frame brings to a defence mission.

Moa firing on you? Pop a decoy instead, they got range, you can throw it quite far away.

Just cause you play frost, I undestand you want to be valuable. But the truth is, all you need as a base in this game is  Trinity and Loki.

I used to run with Rhino and a heap of other frames.

Its just funny to see that a starter frame is among the most powerful, and Trinity well she is just god like. The combination is great.

Place a Link on a MOA or #4 from Trinity if you have problems, so no, snow globe is not needed.

But how does the pod survive?

I don't understand who you're trying to convince ? I've never choose a frame because "omg it's so powerfull", but because it look great or its gameplay was interesting.

I don't think you will convince / show somebody you're right by saying things like "They're not required"

Edited by 0rodreth

And Ash is just as good with melee weapons because of Smoke Screen

Frost brings Snowglobe, thats it. Not a bad ability but not required.

Vaub brings nothing. Teslas are good and Vaub #4 is good, but he does not bring anything special.

Vs Infested missions Ember is the number #1 damage dealer, with Loki running around fast taking care of ancients and Trinity keeping the balance.

Neither Frost or Vaub is in anyway bad, they are good frames. But not required.

I mean, no frames is required, you can do with anything.

Frost IS required in most random teams where you dont have the correct mix. Snowglobe is a must for most simply cause the general composition requires it.

Snowglobe is not required with a trinity in the team, or a Loki with dual zorens that can jump across the map in 1 second and take out those railgunning birds.

Its more to help people decide, as why invest heavily into getting some frames or to make the correct choices.

Every frame brings something good, every frame is rather good and balanced.

Ember, Loki and Trinity especially stands out among the rest. Thats it. Excalibur #1 ability is insanely good and #4 is just great.

And Ash is just as good with melee weapons because of Smoke Screen

Frost brings Snowglobe, thats it. Not a bad ability but not required.

Vaub brings nothing. Teslas are good and Vaub #4 is good, but he does not bring anything special.

Vs Infested missions Ember is the number #1 damage dealer, with Loki running around fast taking care of ancients and Trinity keeping the balance.

Neither Frost or Vaub is in anyway bad, they are good frames. But not required.

I mean, no frames is required, you can do with anything.

Frost IS required in most random teams where you dont have the correct mix. Snowglobe is a must for most simply cause the general composition requires it.

Snowglobe is not required with a trinity in the team, or a Loki with dual zorens that can jump across the map in 1 second and take out those railgunning birds.

Its more to help people decide, as why invest heavily into getting some frames or to make the correct choices.

Every frame brings something good, every frame is rather good and balanced.

Ember, Loki and Trinity especially stands out among the rest. Thats it. Excalibur #1 ability is insanely good and #4 is just great.

But how does the pod survive?

Again, this depends on your combination.

Snowglobe is in many cases required cause the team consist of a mix of frames not greatly complementing eachother.

Snowglobes are awsome in random teams with random frames, even in organized teams with frames.

Again, Snowglobe and Frost could definately be used in a team consisting of a good mix where you simply dont need more damage output through abilities.

Atleast frost brings alot more then Rhino to defence missions.

And snowglobe and frost is only usable on Corpus Defence missions.

Grinear or Infested defence, Frost is not needed.

On Corpus, I will agree its a good choice but I personally dont see them as required, but its a solid choice.

Moas will fire on Decoys instead of the pod. So thats the short answer to your question.

If you aren't using the Gram then you are doing it wrong.

Also I find the lack of Banshee disturbing. 

Sonicboom is hilarious, and useful for CC, plus it has pretty nasty range with a stretch mod

Sonar is powerful to the point of being pretty much broken, only downside is having to hit small mobing targets and its fairly short duration.

SoundQuake will one shot most minions up until level 45. After which it becomes an 8 second long stunlock for everything.