Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Drop Rates

Arweena

let me start by saying this isn't some wahwah make it super eay request. i'm just asking that people who can't spend 10hrs a day 7 days a week farming can actually aquire the items to craft stuff.

i work for a living so i get a limited time to play, over last weekend i spend all my free time farming and got the rares for all of 3 items to craft needing a total of 5 rare drops for all 3. some of the items i have to craft need 4 rares, pre update 8 I could feel that i accomplished something in my play time over the weekend but now i will spend all my time farming the same zones over and over for a small chance for 1 rare and that just no fun since i can't be lvling items while doing it.

per a rep i need to go do the higher missions if i want to get the resources i need, so ok go run hyena for control module, 10 runs at 25ish mins each no control module, my 4 hrs of game time are gone and nothing to show for it ....

i've got the gm founders on my act and on my husbands, that's 500 dollars between the 2 of us. lets compare that to other games, most fps are 50 dollars so 5 fps games each, or nearly 17 months of sub time on an mmo. that's a lot of content or play time in another game yet after this 1 change i feel that i'm wasting my time when i'm unable to aquire the items needed to craft the items that i want.

I understand your concern. Rest assured the devs have considered resource mods. Someone pitched the ideas of mods that increase resource drops, resource alerts, resource boosters (though on the stream they said this specific idea might not work out) and the devs responded saying they liked it and even talked about it on their live stream. 

Also if you head over to the new area I think they said something about resource drops as well in their "Upcoming for update 8" post.

I understand your concern. Rest assured the devs have considered resource mods. Someone pitched the ideas of mods that increase resource drops, resource alerts, resource boosters (though on the stream they said this specific idea might not work out) and the devs responded saying they liked it and even talked about it on their live stream. 

Also if you head over to the new area I think they said something about resource drops as well in their "Upcoming for update 8" post.

I've read those posts and so far all I've seen is we get to farm for a mod to POSSIBLY increase our chance at the resources we need.  that's not a fix IMO.  It used to be where I could actually get what I needed for resources and now it's just not possible.

I agree with this. I'm away from WF for a week and I return to find that a change to resource drop rates has made rare resources actually drop very rarely from bosses instead of more than half the time like before. It has been said many times already that the addition of research resources has caused the rare drops to be reduced, but this is not the only reason: bosses are dropping common resources awfully often now, not only research resources. I've been farming Everest and Eris trying to get Neurodes, and only got one in almost twenty runs, several hours of play.

Also, consider this: it is easier to endure a difficult task when there is encouraging progress to be seen along the way. I can gather all the Alloy Plate and Rubedo required to craft everything in the market no problem, because it is a rare run where not even a single bunch of them will drop: I can see the slow-but-steady progress. Doing several full boss runs without seeing a single Neurode, however, is very discouraging (and/or infuriating), to the point where I look at the materials lists in my foundry for all the things I have yet to craft and it feels like I'm looking at work.

I am fully aware that this is a Beta and there is trial and error involved; also, that rares should be rares and some things should be hard to get. I don't ask for DE to make powerful gear easy to obtain; the Hek wasn't easy to get in the first place. I just ask that they consider how a grind without visible progress impacts negatively on the game's enjoyability for a given player. Along these lines, I believe the Kunai is an example to follow, requiring relatively common resources in large quantities (Morphics, even being rare, drop often).

Oh god no.

The only thing worse than farming for resources is trying to get mods.

We need no more mods, those tables are too cluttered as it is.

The mods just need better drop rates, bosses should not be dropping rare mats 5% of the time and the common stuff 95% of the time, they should drop rare mats a lot more often.

Enemy level should matter, the higher level the enemy the higher chance they drop mats and the higher the chance that it's a rare mat. (This does not mean low level enemies get their drop rates nerfed)

Hell, there's already a mat to help with farming, master thief. Unfortunately it is basically impossible to get unless you buy a ton of mod packs, so eh.

Personally I think they lowered the resource drops ON PURPOSE to "coerce" people later on to buy resource boosters with Plat. But hey, I'm a conspiracist. Anyway, I saw they also mentioned the possibility of mods that increase resources in their last live stream.

If they do this, I have the following suggestions.

1= This should be an artifact instead, that effects the whole team and stacks with one another

2= If a mod varient is included, it should be for your sentinel/pet. They currently need a lot more variety for mods and in their typical support role something like this [and perhaps more ammo/etc from drops] would work well with them. 

Edited by unmog

Hell, there's already a mat to help with farming, master thief. Unfortunately it is basically impossible to get unless you buy a ton of mod packs, so eh.

It is basically imposible to get it that way too because all the rares you get in the mod packs are ABILITY mods. Which you'll get ALREADY by building the frame.

Just have to read the Wiki guys. Acquiring the rare mods is the easiest to do. Need a neurode? Go kill Councilor Vay Hek or Phorid. Need a Control Module? Go kill The Hyena. The bosses drop these a ton and its easy to run through and kill bosses. The only hard materials to get are Plastids and Rubedo imo.

Just have to read the Wiki guys. Acquiring the rare mods is the easiest to do. Need a neurode? Go kill Councilor Vay Hek or Phorid. Need a Control Module? Go kill The Hyena. The bosses drop these a ton and its easy to run through and kill bosses. The only hard materials to get are Plastids and Rubedo imo.

Have, and did, the bosses had their drop rates nerfed, and the new blue items clutter up the drop tables as well making the rare drops even harder to get.

I must have killed hek over 50 times...

"Just have to read". Seriously, LynxCali? The drop rates for rare resources were apparently changed, which is what we're discussing. They aren't dropping most the time from bosses anymore. Also, even before the drop rate change I killed Hyena half a dozen times (with a Latron!) without a single CM droping, and stopped because it was too much, even when I really want to craft a Sentinel.

Bosses can be easy to run, if you have a good strategy and the proper gear. And running Everest 50 times for 2 Neurodes is still not fun, even if it's easy.

For the devs reading this thread, I have been thinking this issue over during the day, and here are some thoughts:

Mods to increase resource drop rates are a possible solution, but given the difficulty of actively finding a given mod amidst the growing RNG pool this solution would feel like a spit to the face for a lot of people.

Instead, the same concept that was used to eliminate Vor farming could be used, with some modifications (I adapted this idea from another thread, I forget which one): the first time a player kills, say, Vay Hek, they get a guaranteed Neurode drop. During the rest of the day, Hek won't drop another Neurode, but those can still drop elsewhere on the regular rare rate. Or, perhaps even better, instead of using a one-day timer, a 10-mission timer could be implemented (or maybe a greater number of missions): player kills a boss, they get the guaranteed rare drop, and have to do ten missions elsewhere before said boss will drop another guaranteed rare. If said player insists on farming the boss, they will only get a guaranteed resource that can be common, uncommon, or research.

I feel this 10-mission countdown would actually encourage playing the game without farming, be a nice middleground between the old farming system and the current one, and reassure players that no streak of bad luck or whatever will have them grinding fruitlessly.

Killed Hyena today at least 30 times, not a single Control Module. Might have gotten one Loki BP.

50% of the time Hyena dropped nothing at all, about 20% of the time it dropped nano spores, about 20% it was ferrite and 10% fieldron samples.

Something is terribly wrong...

Also, plastids are rarer than rocking horse sh** these days. Consider yourself incredibly lucky if you get one drop in a mission.

And the worst thing? You need 1 Control module and 250 Plastids for clan weapon components, and they can require 2/5/10 of them.

Example: Supra - 10 Fieldrons. That is 10 control modules and 2500 Plastids!

At 20 plastids a mission and 1 control module a day this will take ages...

Also, I have more fieldron than I will ever be needing now.

Also, I have more fieldron than I will ever be needing now.

I think the blue drops are too common really. I think bosses shouldnt drop them, or, as a counter proposal, make the blue items a "sepperate" drop. Like chances for enemies to drop both blue and yellow resources. While we're at it, it would be nice if "rare" resources were a different color, like red or purple or green. That way everyone can immediately tell when a rare resource drops instead of HOPING you find one and not being able to tell cuz the in game text for items are shared with ammo/credits/health/energy and other useless stuff.