Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Vandal - A Balancing Suggestion.

BraveDude8

It's ok for the Braton Vandal to have more DPS for a change but not by much... max 5 points maybe.

Braton Vandal is kind of a reward for everyone who participated in the open beta weekend during the course of closed beta. The Weapon was released with higher damage than the Braton and this was intentional because Vandal gear is supposed to do more damage than the normal equivalent of the Weapon. Sure, Braton Vandal was nerfed a bit but buffing the normal Braton to Vandal level is stupid and just the result of Whine-Thread spamming until DE gave in and not logical or atleast "good" reasoning.

The fact that you had to buy it for 1 credit which most anti-vandal argumentations point out instantly was just because adding the weapon directly to your inventory would've only worked for the currently existing accounts. Since it was a whole weekend where anyone could make an account at any time at that weekend that would not have worked. Therefor.. 1 credit in the market which does not diminish the value and deserved damage potential of the Braton Vandal in the slightest but is merely a stupid argument for anti-vandal lobbyists.

To be honest.. if they would Buff the Braton Vandal in comparison to where the Lato Vandal stands to the normal Lato it would end up at 26 Damage, 10% crit and ~50 Accuracy on paper.. but even i find that too much.

Edited by Namacyst

Because no one uses the Lato?

My point exactly...

That being said...Braton Vandal should be allowed to be a direct upgrade...

Popularity dictates the nerf of the Braton Vandal...if people are going to cry nerf for one thing...cry nerf for all of it to be fair...

My point exactly...

That being said...Braton Vandal should be allowed to be a direct upgrade...

Popularity dictates the nerf of the Braton Vandal...if people are going to cry nerf for one thing...cry nerf for all of it to be fair...

Nerfing something is and was never a good idea.

Old Chaos and Iron Skin needed it though...

Chaos is fine but Iron Skin...they tore Rhino apart...

Offtopic but ya, sometimes it's necessary. Chaos was broken, adding a cooldown and fixing the KI was the right thing to do and for Iron Skin i can say that it is more of a change than nerf. I like the taunt and a fixed amount of absorbed damage is no full invulnerability for x seconds but it's ok. Could use a higher value imho.

Back to Topic

As most already know i'm lobbying for staying true to the flavor text and "Vandal" as a trait. I see a slightly higher crit just as a bonus because the key features of being a Vandal weapon are higher base damage, higher accuracy and lower fire rate than the normal versions. Therefor don't like turning the Braton Vandal into a crit weapon.

The other Braton Vandal thread was locked :/

Things seemed to get a bit personal...

Either that or they had noticed you had two threads regarding the Braton Vandal...

I'm in the process of trying to get mine back...

I don't see why 22 damage is insufficient.  It would have higher damage and accuracy, so its DPS would only be slightly lowered which its better TTK, ammo efficiency, and accuracy would account for.  It would still have lower DPS so it's not categorically better and in doing so keeps its description, is faithful to the ideas of Vandals being more powerful and accurate, and stays weak enough to hopefully fly under the radar of the nerf-hawks.

Things seemed to get a bit personal...

Either that or they had noticed you had two threads regarding the Braton Vandal...

I'm in the process of trying to get mine back...

I did not have 2 threads going.. this one here is not from me and i had nothing to do with it but it states that it's not only me thinking the Braton Vandal deserves a buff.

I don't see why 22 damage is insufficient.  It would have higher damage and accuracy, so its DPS would only be slightly lowered which its better TTK, ammo efficiency, and accuracy would account for.  It would still have lower DPS so it's not categorically better and in doing so keeps its description, is faithful to the ideas of Vandals being more powerful and accurate, and stays weak enough to hopefully fly under the radar of the nerf-hawks.

Funny, isn't it? .. that those 2 points would be the exact amount by what the normal Braton got buffed back in the day. ^^

I did not have 2 threads going.. this one here is not from me and i had nothing to do with it but it states that it's not only me thinking the Braton Vandal deserves a buff.

Funny, isn't it? .. that those 2 points would be the exact amount by what the normal Braton got buffed back in the day. ^^

Forgive my mistake then...

A change I still don't understand -_-

Ideally the Brandal should have veeeeeeery slightly more damage with the downside being accuracy - it fits with the description.

Ideally the Brandal should have veeeeeeery slightly more damage with the downside being accuracy - it fits with the description.

The description states the fire rate as a downside and damage & accuracy as a upside.

BV is the hybrid of the Mk1 and the normal braton, better stats than the Mk1, but a tiny bit lower stat wise compared to the normal braton its' the even ground that replaces the Mk1 for well rounded capability and still being able to do what you want it to do, aside from the fact that it has a polarity tacked onto it normally right? you have nothing to complain about >.>

BV is the hybrid of the Mk1 and the normal braton, better stats than the Mk1, but a tiny bit lower stat wise compared to the normal braton its' the even ground that replaces the Mk1 for well rounded capability and still being able to do what you want it to do, aside from the fact that it has a polarity tacked onto it normally right? you have nothing to complain about >.>

Except that in practice it doesn't compare to the normal Braton.  Its DPS is simply too low for accuracy to really make a difference.

Also, polarities at this point only matter initially.  In the long run, it matters not.