Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Armored Core Fans?

EmptyDevil

I suppose that's understandable. Battling with swords on a PSP wouldn't have been easy, you need twin stick for precision. Also I played AC4A which had better sword mechanics than the other armored core games.

So, how was the OB (over-boost) system in the newer games? In the PSP games, OB meant death in combat (due to expending all or most of your energy reserves).

So, how was the OB (over-boost) system in the newer games? In the PSP games, OB meant death in combat (due to expending all or most of your energy reserves).

In AC4A overboost, assault armor, vertical thrusters, and certain energy weapons that didn't have magazines, used energy from a pool. All other boost sources (horizontal boost, quick boost, and hover thrusters) were unlimited. However assault armor completely drained the energy bar and put all sources of boost offline for 5 seconds(except the one attached to blade weapons, which I think may have been a bug they never fixed).

In AC4A overboost, assault armor, vertical thrusters, and certain energy weapons that didn't have magazines, used energy from a pool. All other boost sources (horizontal boost, quick boost, and hover thrusters) were unlimited. However assault armor completely drained the energy bar and put all sources of boost offline for 5 seconds(except the one attached to blade weapons, which I think may have been a bug they never fixed).

Horizontal, and quick boost unlimited? Geez.... No wonder.... PSP AC games had something that was somewhat similar to quick boost. It was the turn-boosters which, if used correctly, can be used to dodge attacks (unlimited uses, but costs energy).

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Probably because FromSoft weren't that good at porting to PC (they still kinda aren't good).

Fromsoftware have made PC games before. It's probably like some developers though, they see certain games as not being profitable on certain platforms, like how many RTS never see console release despite there being some successful ones like Halo wars, and Command and conquer Kanes Wrath. And how a lot of fighting games don't see PC releases.

Fromsoftware have made PC games before. It's probably like some developers though, they see certain games as not being profitable on certain platforms, like how many RTS never see console release despite there being some successful ones like Halo wars, and Command and conquer Kanes Wrath. And how a lot of fighting games don't see PC releases.

They've made a total of 4 games that were ported to PC.

Ninja Blade ( I dunno how exactly it faired), and the Souls series (and we all know how DkS1 faired on PC). After that they knew how to port games successfully and we had the relatively well made port of DkS2. 

They were a console based developer. True, the profits may factor into it but it's most likely lack of experience and interest in branching out to PCs.

Edited by TheErebus.

They've made a total of 4 games that were ported to PC.

Ninja Blade ( I dunno how exactly it faired), and the Souls series (and we all know how DkS1 faired on PC). After that they knew how to port games successfully and we had the relatively well made port of DkS2. 

They were a console based developer. True, the profits may factor into it but it's most likely lack of experience and interest in branching out to PCs.

Like a lot of developers, From software also co developed a lot of games and parts of games, some of which are on PC. But it is likely it is also a factor that like some Devs (Naughty Dog for example) prefer to stay with console because they have developed a good working relationship with them over the years, also porting a complete game is much more difficult than creating a new one sometimes as Naughty Dog found out with the PS4 port of The Last Of Us.

But now they making profits from PC Ports of Dark Souls 1-3. Also CMIIW since Armored Core still published by Bandai Namco and they doing more a lot games porting in PC, I still have faith and hoping someday any or new AC series will come to PC.