The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Punished For Doing The Objective

Demon.King

Absolutely true, however at the rate i can cover ground the idiot usually ends up teleporting often enough to stay out of real danger.

And even then, on most maps extraction is less than half a minuite away from the rescue room. At my movement speed at least.

Hey guys, issue solved, we just have to balance everything around Dualstar.

Edited by ACorpse

Hey guys, issue solved, we just have to balance everything around Dualstar.

I do this with normal Rhino all the time. Speed is not even remotely an issue. Any warframe can do it.

That said, rescue missions ARE pretty poorly implemented. Running to the exit like a headless chicken shouldn't be the best strategy, but it IS the best strategy. The hostage has a really low hp pool, and pathing can be a pain to deal with. The hostage teleporting is a band-aid fix to a much worse problem (rescue missions would require a lot of work to be decent). 

Edited by SunniMao

Which is a pretty annoying mechanic in and of itself. I see no reason I shouldn't be able to invite my friends if a slot is open, so long as they only gain whatever rewards are earned after they join.

That's from the loot rolling mechanic, when you can't invite people, it's because loot's already been rolled for the mission at some point.  I mean, outside of this 300 Cryotic thing they just now added.

Rescue target: "Give me a weapon, I have a score to settle"

Me: "Like hell I'm going to let you Leroy-rush a Scorch with the sidearm I'm leveling. If you have time to aim, then you have time to run, so run!"

Me soloing a Sortie Rescue:

Rescue target: "Give me a weapon, I have some scores to settle"

Me: *hands him my Sonicor* "Eh, what could it hurt"

---a few rooms later---

Me: *derps and gets knocked down, about to git rekt* "Oy, I hate wasting revives...."

*Hostage shows up and ROFLstomps everything before anyone can react*

Me: "Remind me to never, ever make you mad"

That's from the loot rolling mechanic, when you can't invite people, it's because loot's already been rolled for the mission at some point.  I mean, outside of this 300 Cryotic thing they just now added.

I know, but there's not much of a reason that you couldn't invite them and then they skip the next loot roll. Like another user said, if they join in at wave 7 of a Defense, or 8 minutes of a Survival, etc. they forfeit the reward for wave/minute 10 but they can get the one for wave 15. It's not all that much of a difference when you think about it. That empty slot on your roster is doing you absolutely no good.

Another way it could work is that they still get whatever rewards you get, but they are delayed by however many waves/minutes they missed. So, if someone joins you at wave 7, they will get the wave 5 reward at wave 10, and the wave 10 reward at wave 15. It would basically set them back for whatever period they missed, that way they aren't skipping to content they "didn't earn".

In the end, I just really hate the strict limitations put in place on inviting friends. There shouldn't be a scenario where I need help and can't invite anyone unless it's in a forced solo quest step.

oh and... just solo the thing w/ loki...

only downside to it is that now there seems to be a bug that -when going solo- causes that lotus wont signal the extraction point just after one releases the retard, but like 1-2m after; making it a damn pain running around like an aass lf the exit on your own

Tbh im not even sure it would help.

Even if you kick someone then no one else can join past 5waves/mins.

You would exchange someone who does nothing for empty slot which again doesnt help.

Unless de changes mind about restricting ppl from exploiting then kicking will be basically about punishing ppl out of spite.

Well, what if that would make a bot take control of the guy who was voted/judged idle? As far as I know, some bots are @(*()$ gods at WF (Give castanas or a sonicor to a rescue target and everything will be destroyed in its path).

That way, the person is punished (He/she also doesn't get any rewards at the end), no one is lost since a bot does the job, and that person cannot join another mission for maybe 5-10 minutes, increasing daily up to an hour or something like that.