Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello, It's Fluffy!

LordFluffyJr

Hello Warframe my name is LordFluffyJr and I am pretty new to Warframe! I am in my first year of college for computer programming and in my friend circle 2 of the guys play Warframe. One of them just now and then on his X Box and the other has put over $400 into the game and is Mastery 20. So I will hopefully fall somewhere inbetween that area of obsession! 

One of my friends was talking about warframe all the time and it seemed really cool. He said it was totally free and 99% play to win where paying only speed stuff up. He said it was farm intensive and it sounded fun. I downloaded the game and started playing. . . I had no clue what I was doing. I didn't even mod my MK 1 Kunai until they were like level 20, I was trying to solo void missions at mastery 3. It was still fun somehow. 

Then in no time at all I threw about $20 on the game to open some Warframe and weapon slots. Now I have so many Warframes and weapons on the go for ranking it feels awesome.

Before this I didn't play a large variety of video games. I played some Dragons Nest, Minecraft with my little brother, and League of Legends. I can 100% I am still concerned about the Warframe community. No gaming community is meant to be this nice and helpful to new players. I have yet to hear someone say something rude to me, say that was a dumb question, call me a 'noob'. I am really confused why everyone is so damn friendly! 

This post was kind of all over the place, like most of the conversations I have. What I really want to say is i love this game, community, and everything about it and my personal goal is to get Mastery 18!

Welcome, Tenno!

I think there was a missing word there when you mentioned pay-to-win as in "not pay-to-win."  =)

You can acquire platinum by selling off prime parts, rare blueprints, ...etc in the trading channel, so your monetary investment doesn't have to escalate up to $400 if you don't want to.  However, showing support for DE and all the free content that they provide is also a consideration too. 

Either way, welcome to the game and the community.  Go out there and get some!

Warm Regards,

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement - Recruitment Open

Welcome to the fight, Tenno.

Your friend who spent $400 on the game is awesome, but you don't need to spend a cent on the game for anything but convenience and flare. Free to play games like Warframe thrive on plat purchases, and players who spend money on the game are the reason it's free for everyone. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on the game but I'm well beyond the 1,000s. I don't spend money on plat to avoid the grind, but I really like funding DE since they actually listen to player feedback (selectively) and because this game is pretty much my favorite multiplayer game ever. 

Anyway, glad to have you join our crazy community!