Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Missions Disappoints Me....

LainV0hnDyrec

edit: First of all, im not shaming anyone in this post, the main topic here is that for me, spy missions dosent feel like im doing a spy mission, its like doing a regular mission, were u can berzerk ur way out of that mission.

I love Warframe as well as stealth games, and the fact that Warframe has a spy mission made me the happiest jerk of them all....until i saw my friends how they finish spy missions.

the first time i entered a spy mission i was all crouch stealth mode.. aiming for no alarms(not even level alarms nor vault alarms) and stealth kills using headshots, kunai and hushed weapons, the thrill of playing a stealth game was there. i thought that if i triggered an alarm (not the vault alarm, just the personnel alarm) the game will give me a failed mission ,less rewards and items.

but when i saw my friends playing spy missions with them, i was utterly disappointed.

they all sprinting... triggering every GODDAMNED alarm(again not the Vault alarm, triggering all personnel, level alarm) firing their shot guns as well as their freaking launchers that shouts "IM FKING HERE KILL ME MF!!!!" and thats not all, to rub it all over me, after we finished that spy mission ala ISIS style..... the rewards we got is the same as i did when i go full SHINOBI U CANT SEE ME leave no trail stealth mode, the only difference is that we got less Affinity than if we go full stealth mode as well as wasting my time in a spy mission

if there are things i want to change in spy missions

these are:

1. if an alarm was triggered (even if its just a simple personnel alarm or simple alarm whatever u call it) the mission should fail or, you get less reward( not only affinity is gotten less)

2.(Edit: i think this is a bad idea and could lead to shaming, they can totally ignore this) if in a squad, the person who triggered the alarm(again even just a personnel alarm) should be marked so that players know who triggered it.( this not the purpose for shaming, but to identify whether if I triggered it so i can adjust for the next retry)

these are just some, i havent got to the fact of "whats the use of silent weapons if you have a mod Hush and Suppress" but this will be a different topic.

all i want is a SPY MISSION worthy of its name.

TLDR;

i wish Spy missions are like stealth missions, trigger any level alarms, mission will fail or less loots and rewards

Edited by LainV0hnDyrec

they all sprinting... triggering every GODDAMNED alarm(again not the Vault alarm)

If it's not the vault alarm, then it's no problem.

You honestly lost all credibility there.

Your ideas don't make sense either. So... You want to shame a player??? No thank you.

If it bugs you that much, go solo.

Edited by KJRenz

If it's not the vault alarm, then it's no problem.

You honestly lost all credibility there.

Your ideas don't make sense either. So... You want to shame a player??? No thank you.

If it bugs you that much, go solo.

no im not shaming a player... my point here is that Spy missions dosent feel like a spy mission at all, i read wikis, guides about spy mission saying you should be stealthy, trigger no alarms and so on..

i lived to that expectation.. but then theres that,

you can trigger a level alarm like its nothing... it dosent feel like a spy mission, more like a sabotage

all i want is for them to make spy mission different from other missions

if in other missions you can Kill all destroy all grunting like a berzerker mode

in spy mission should be no witnesses and no alarms kinda thing

no im not shaming a player... my point here is that Spy missions dosent feel like a spy mission at all, i read wikis, guides about spy mission saying you should be stealthy, trigger no alarms and so on..

i lived to that expectation.. but then theres that,

you can trigger a level alarm like its nothing... it dosent feel like a spy mission, more like a sabotage

all i want is for them to make spy mission different from other missions

if in other missions you can Kill all destroy all grunting like a berzerker mode

in spy mission should be no witnesses and no alarms kinda thing

Play solo then.

Your ideas will go into player shaming. Period. In fact, it's a red glaring flag that caters to that. Again, No thank you.

Spy missions are fine as they are.

Which also goes to my other point, you've still lost credibility and nothing to back it up for.

Again, if it's such a big deal to you. Play solo spy

Edited by KJRenz

1. if an alarm was triggered (even if its just a simple personnel alarm or simple alarm whatever u call it) the mission should fail or, you get less reward( not only affinity is gotten less)

2. if in a squad, the person who triggered the alarm(again even just a personnel alarm) should be marked so that players know who triggered it.( this not the purpose for shaming, but to identify whether if I triggered it so i can adjust for the next retry)

all i want is a SPY MISSION worthy of its name.

TLDR;

i wish Spy missions are like stealth missions, trigger any level alarms, mission will fail or less loots and rewards

1. You effectively distance players from Spy missions. Credit caches in game as rewards are already a joke; 1k, 2.5k etc

2. You needn't all players in session know who tripped the alarms. Only players who tripped the alarms can see themselves marked, all others none.

Also, you signed to play public. You have no right or obligations to tell others how to role play just for you.

Even if you claim this is not player-shaming, it may well be, moreso if a single alarm tripped fails the entire session.

they already made it that way. if you trigger all alarm, the mission will turned into exterminate. no witness = extra xp if you kill them all

thats what i dont get about this spy missions,

my expectation for spy mission was to be stealthy, from the beginning till end, trigger no alarms, dont let anyone see you

but what i got: "its ok to trigger an alarm as long as u hack the objectives, its ok to create noise, trigger more alarms" 

if these are all ok, what makes spy mission different from other missions?

the point here, they couldve made spy missions were if u trigger an alarm even if its a simple alarm or personnel alarm or if an enemy sees you and he triggerd the alarm, the mission should fail...

i was doing spy mission the wrong way before i saw my friends sprinting, making noise, triggering all alarms..

spy missions dosent live up by its name

1. You effectively distance players from Spy missions. Credit caches in game as rewards are already a joke; 1k, 2.5k etc

2. You needn't all players in session know who tripped the alarms. Only players who tripped the alarms can see themselves marked, all others none.

Also, you signed to play public. You have no right or obligations to tell others how to role play just for you.

Even if you claim this is not player-shaming, it may well be, moreso if a single alarm tripped fails the entire session.

im not telling others to do this and that..

im posting my feedback about this mission

all im saying is

spy mission dosent felt like a spy mission moreso it dosent differentiate from other mission where you can sprint.. rush.. kill... go home

it sucks the fun aspect about it knowing it will be the same kinda mission your having.

people.. im giving my feedback cos u know, this is Feedback Category for Missions, as well as i am not shaming anyone.

wouldnt it be fun if you know there is a mission where it shift from your ordinary rush all things, my be this is just subjective to me.

Edited by LainV0hnDyrec

all im saying is

spy mission dosent felt like a spy mission moreso it dosent differentiate from other mission where you can sprint.. rush.. kill... go home

it sucks the fun aspect about it knowing it will be the same kinda mission your having.

people.. im giving my feedback cos u know, this is Feedback Category for Missions, as well as i am not shaming anyone.

You gain a great amount of XP if you hack each vault silently, compared to if you just rush it.

That is spy. Outside of the Vaults, anyone can do whatever.

Again your ideas cater to player shaming. It doesn't matter if you say you're not, Others will.

Plus, players can just troll with your idea. No thank you.

How many times do I have to say this...

If it bothers you that much, Play solo

all im saying is

Well your feedback is the volatile kind.

Marking players because they tripped the alarms is fuel for the blame game. No different from the shame hat.

Let me put it this way, in Spy 2.0, you can either sneak your way in and out, or you can do it the loud way, just as long as you get the data. 

Players tripping the alarms and failing the entire mission out of spite; entirely possible. 

Edited by Shinobi-kun

You gain a great amount of XP if you hack each vault silently, compared to if you just rush it.

That is spy. Outside of the Vaults, anyone can do whatever.

Again your ideas cater to player shaming. It doesn't matter if you say you're not, Others will.

How many times do I have to say this...

If it bothers you that much, Play solo

yeah sure i can play solo...

i play for fun, but playing with others are more fun than playing solo

again all im saying, i hate the idea of spy mission.

this is feedback forum, not "this guy feedback sucks, lets bring this down"

take everything with a grain of salt, we are all different here, they might as well not add a feedback forum if the community is like this

take everything with a grain of salt, we are all different here, they might as well not add a feedback forum if the community is like this

Your idea of adding a 'tripped alarms fail the entire mission' and 'shame hat' is what triggered me.

Well your feedback is the volatile kind.

Marking players because they tripped the alarms is fuel for the blame game. No different from the shame hat.

Let me put it this way, in Spy 2.0, you can either sneak your way in and out, or you can do it the loud way, just as long as you get the data. 

Players tripping the alarms and failing the entire mission out of spite; entirely possible. 

thank you sir..

aabout the marking the player if he triggers an alarm, they can totaly ommit it, i also think its a bad idea , i didnt look in to it that much and figure out it can be targeted for shaming.

but i wish spy missions would be like that.. just to add variety  to the game

Your idea of adding a 'tripped alarms fail the entire mission' and 'shame hat' is what triggered me.

sorry about the 2nd idea.. its uninttentional, and i havent thought it through (i was thinking playing with my friends, i forgot there is public match up) so i added an edit in there.

"triggerd alarms fail" there is an "or" after that.

"the mission should fail or, you get less reward( not just affiity)"

all i want is spy mission to differentiate it self from the other missions.. if you can go wild in other missions, in spy they cant.

Edited by LainV0hnDyrec

You're ignoring my counter points...

It can be used to troll people

When you post in the feedback section. Prepare for people to disagree with what you post with counter points.

Edited by KJRenz

You're ignoring my counter points...

It can be used to troll people

When you post in the feedback section. Prepare for people to disagree with what you post with counter points.

ok, im fully aware of that.

the only thing that grind my gears in a forum is not reading the post with comprehension, im not refering to you

i explicitly said there

fail mission "OR" less rewards.

sure devs can still make this idea possible, by giving high loot rewards if successfully finishng with out triggering any type of alarm or having regular loots when an alarm was triggered.

i shouldve said this earlier to clear the commotion. sorry about that

"triggerd alarms fail" there is an "or" after that.

"the mission should fail or, you get less reward( not just affiity)"

I see it. 

And you realise why players run mad in Spy missions? As long as they get the data without setting the alarms, they get their rewards; the exact same rewards compared with sneaking in. 

They're just speed running it and cutting down on time; with Loki = Invisibility with mad dash, with other frames = mad dash.

And if players want maximum affinity without having to go through the extermination phase, you'll see they'll be especially careful in Vaults.

If your idea of 'alarms set off fails mission' gets through, expect to see no change at all but with invisibility-capable frames instead.

EDIT: Let me clarify this more, get data without alarms, maximum rewards. Trip alarms, reduced rewards.

It's already in there, your 'less reward' feedback.

Beating 3 vaults and getting only 2 rewards is unfair, after all.

Edited by Shinobi-kun

I see it. 

And you realise why players run mad in Spy missions? As long as they get the data without setting the alarms, they get their rewards; the exact same rewards compared with sneaking in. 

They're just speed running it and cutting down on time; with Loki = Invisibility with mad dash, with other frames = mad dash.

And if players want maximum affinity without having to go through the extermination phase, you'll see they'll be especially careful in Vaults.

If your idea of 'alarms set off fails mission' gets through, expect to see no change at all but with invisibility-capable frames instead.

EDIT: Let me clarify this more, get data without alarms, maximum rewards. Trip alarms, reduced rewards.

It's already in there, your 'less reward' feedback.

thank you for ur feed back.

i just realized that u get full rewards even if you trigger the normal alarms but not the vault alarms when i play with my friends

and that made me disappointed, i dont want to just feel the spy mission in 3 parts of the map, i want it to feel in the whole mission

if ever they change it as what im expecting it, i think it will be fun as well as adding variety to the mix

if they changed spy missions,

for me its fine to use invi frames for the player worked hard (or earned hard money) on spy missions

they could add obstacles, like smoke, if a player is invi and stands to a smoke, they are visible, but the smoke doesnt trigger alarm unless an enemy sees you.

if you ever try to play spy mission with out triggering any alarm as well as no enemy sees you, the feeling is so exciting, like im playing some suspence thriller stealth games.

thank you for ur feed back.

i just realized that u get full rewards even if you trigger the normal alarms but not the vault alarms when i play with my friends

and that made me disappointed, i dont want to just feel the spy mission in 3 parts of the map, i want it to feel in the whole mission

if ever they change it as what im expecting it, i think it will be fun as well as adding variety to the mix

if they changed spy missions,

for me its fine to use invi frames for the player worked hard (or earned hard money) on spy missions

they could add obstacles, like smoke, if a player is invi and stands to a smoke, they are visible, but the smoke doesnt trigger alarm unless an enemy sees you.

if you ever try to play spy mission with out triggering any alarm as well as no enemy sees you, the feeling is so exciting, like im playing some suspence thriller stealth games.

You know? I'm half tempted to counter this again due to the strict learning curves for new players.

I understand your feelings, not saying your idea is entirely bad, but it's a refreshing change to implement this on maybe, the new Grineer treasury alerts released more often / Nightmare etc.

You know? I'm half tempted to counter this again due to the strict learning curves for new players.

I understand your feelings, not saying your idea is entirely bad, but it's a refreshing change to implement this on maybe, the new Grineer treasury alerts released more often / Nightmare etc.

i kinda like it, they could give as a Nightmare mode of Spy mission with a strict rule of no alarms, might as well add a side quest of no killing enemies.

oh i wish there is a mission like this

That might be too unforgiving. I say, level alarm = 30/45/60 seconds to disarm it or all vaults/nearest vault go into purge mode. Also, more aggressive alarm triggering if this is the case.

Also makes liset air support actually matter.

Edited by TonyWong

That might be too unforgiving. I say, level alarm = 30/45/60 seconds to disarm it or all vaults/nearest vault go into purge mode. Also, more aggressive alarm triggering if this is the case.

Also makes liset air support actually matter.

i might enjoy that, instead of just vault alarms purging the objective, why not all alarms(when triggered) counts down from 60 sec, then destroys all 3 datas.

if you not triggered even a single alarm you get high reward and all loots

if an alarm was triggered the reward depends in the number of data retrieve. and the high rewards cannot be obtained if you triggered an alarm.

so far im liking it.. and thank you maam/sir