Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Suit Based Purely On Melee

TheGameYouJustLostIt

I think a suit with abilities to support pure melee would be cool.

I'm partial to drop kicking things, I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't do damage and only knocks the enemies over.

Ability 1:

Round house kick.

Self explanatory.

Ability 2:

Falcon Punch.

Again pretty self explanatory.

Ability 3:

Some sort of damage absorption/reduction/shield restore for self.

Ability 4:

Damage increase buff to raise melee damage.

Any thoughts?

Edited by TheGameYouJustLostIt

I'm bored so why not.

Tornado kick.

25 SP

A stationary 360 round house kick that knock backs and stuns enemies. 

Stun duration: 2 seconds.

Deal 200/300/400/500/550 damage

Falcon Punch.

50 SP

Kungfu frame prepares his next attack.

Next charged attack deals bonus damage.

Animation switches to huge arse punch.

Charged damage bonus multiplier.

Deals 150%/200%/300%/400%/500%

So yes a weapon with a base charge damage of 100, will deal 150 damage at level 1.

At level 5, it will deal 500 damage.

Defiant

75 SP

Kungfu frame releases a fierce roar that disorients his enemies.

Enemies are slowed and have their damage weakened.

Disoriented enemies attack 25% slower and deal 50% less damage.

Slow + damage reduction duration (in seconds)

5/10/15/18/20

Battle trance

100 SP.

A team buff that increases attack rate, critical rate and movement speed.

Affects both melee and ranged.

Increases all attack speed by 100% (So a Fragor without mods would hit at 2 attacks per second)

Adds to base critical rate by 30% (so 30% crit weapon + 30% to base critical = 60% to critical)

Increase movement speed by 30%.

Duration in seconds.

5/8/10/12/15 

Edited by fatpig84

I like the idea, too. It could be a Speedy Damage Dealer Frame. But i wouldnt call the skills falcon punch, roundhouse kick, etc. Skill could be:

Spear Hand / Nukite

Unleashed a strong charged punch on a single target. Can pierce several enemies.

25 SP, Upgrading the mod increases damage and number of enemies that can be pierced.

Flying Punch / Uraken

The Warframe focuses a certain spot on the battlefield, leaps forwards and deals massive amount of damage on impact.

50 SP, Upgrading the mod increases range and damage.

Battle Stance / Kamai

The Warframe increases his melee damage for a short duration of time. Can be combined with his other skills.

75 SP, Upgrading the mod increases duration and percentage of damage increased.

Berzerk / Ikari

The Warframe unleashes a devastating flurry of punches and kicks. His movement can be controlled during the duration of the skill. 100 SP, Upgrading mod increases duration and damage

A cool name for the Warframe can be Shodan. As you guys can easily see, most of these are Karate terms. Its because im a Karateka. But I think, other skill names could work good as well.

Edited by corpseshock

I like the idea, too. It could be a Speedy Damage Dealer Frame. But i wouldnt call the skills falcon punch, roundhouse kick, etc. Skill could be:

Spear Hand / Nukite

Unleashed a strong charged punch on a single target. Can pierce several enemies.

25 SP, Upgrading the mod increases damage and number of enemies that can be pierced.

Flying Punch / Uraken

The Warframe focuses a certain spot on the battlefield, leaps forwards and deals massive amount of damage on impact.

50 SP, Upgrading the mod increases range and damage.

Battle Stance / Kamai

The Warframe increases his melee damage for a short duration of time. Can be combined with his other skills.

75 SP, Upgrading the mod increases duration and percentage of damage increased.

Berzerk / Ikari

The Warframe unleashes a devastating flurry of punches and kicks. His movement can be controlled during the duration of the skill. 100 SP, Upgrading mod increases duration and damage

A cool name for the Warframe can be Shodan. As you guys can easily see, most of these are Karate terms. Its because im a Karateka. But I think, other skill names could work good as well.

The names were just to get the general idea across. I wasn't pinning them there as actual names, just to give an idea of the type of attacks.

The names were just to get the general idea across. I wasn't pinning them there as actual names, just to give an idea of the type of attacks.

Thats cool. I like the idea a lot, btw. Maybe we could work out something more detailed ? I have an idea for a artwork, too.

I think the idea for a melee warframe is great. The biggest question though... should it be a tank melee warframe or a stealth melee warframe? Figuring out the ideal abilities for such a class could prove to be difficult.

I think the idea for a melee warframe is great. The biggest question though... should it be a tank melee warframe or a stealth melee warframe? Figuring out the ideal abilities for such a class could prove to be difficult.

Any class can be stealth melee. I'd prefer for it to be up in yo face melee instead of &#! staring melee.

why not have his 1 ability be a grappling hook?

would get him to upper places to slice things up if they were up above him

would pull an enemy close to him if needed, 

heavy units would be knocked down if hit by it

it would do some damage but not much since you're either getting closer to melee or pulling them close for you to melee

if used on a boss would result in YOU being knocked towards it, or he would just "meh" slap your hook out of the way

upgrading it would DECREASE the energy it would consume

25/20/10/5 energy

damage of mere 50

make it spamable, its SUPPOSED to be spamable

also hitting a teamate with it would pull them towards you much like Mag's pull

might be comparable to Mag's pull, but spamable and with some use in knocking down enemies

why not have his 1 ability be a grappling hook?

would get him to upper places to slice things up if they were up above him

would pull an enemy close to him if needed, 

heavy units would be knocked down if hit by it

it would do some damage but not much since you're either getting closer to melee or pulling them close for you to melee

if used on a boss would result in YOU being knocked towards it, or he would just "meh" slap your hook out of the way

upgrading it would DECREASE the energy it would consume

25/20/10/5 energy

damage of mere 50

make it spamable, its SUPPOSED to be spamable

also hitting a teamate with it would pull them towards you much like Mag's pull

might be comparable to Mag's pull, but spamable and with some use in knocking down enemies

Basically the reverse of Scorpion.

Hek, here is an idea I already posted, but the whole topic got lost amid the sea of topics here.

Beast Frame

Fero

• Made to jump in and out of fights
  • Can deal strong melee damage for brief amounts of time

Health

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Power

100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)

Armor

Shield Capacity

75.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Shield Recharge

Sprint Speed

Polarities

= x 4 | - x 1 | V x 1

1st Savage Roar | 25 Energy

Fero roars, creating a cone AoE in front of him which knocks over enemies and deals slight damage. There is a chance that enemies affected by this attack will flee to take cover.

2nd Animal Guile | 50 Energy

During the duration of this ability, if Fero is out of sight of all enemies and is not using any sort of weapon or power that is not silent, all enemies will lose agro. Unaware enemies can be struck for crits, and Fero can initiate a Melee assassination.

(alt 2nd Radial Spines |50 Energy

Launches a spray of quills in an AoE surrounding Fero, dealing moderate damage and pinning dead enemies to the wall.)

3rd Pounce | 25 Energy

Fero lunges forward through the air. Enemies in the path are knocked aside. If there is an enemy at the landing point, Fero will inflict damage on them.

4th  Primordial Form | 100 Energy

Fero forgoes his weapons, using the powers of his Warframe to drastically alter his form. Musculature is increased, Reflexes improved, and his helm splits open to reveal a maw full of fangs. For the duration of this ability, Fero loses all access to his equipment. Left Mouse button makes him strike with his claws, striking multiple enemies. Pressing E causes him to attack a single enemy with his jaws. A charged Melee will result in more damage. Movement and Sprint Speed are increased, as is jump distance. Fero can still use his other Abilities as normal. Attacks while in Primordial Form ignore armor.