Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Interesting Thought About The Second Dream Quest (Spoilers, Obviously)

InfinityArch

One of the plot points in the Second Dream quest is that Earth's moon, which was conspicuously from Warframe, was actually hidden away in the void, and by the end of the quest, the moon has been restored to it's position in ordinary space.

That sounds all fine and good for the current denezins of Earth (the Grineer) until you consider the moon is the main cause of tides (to a greater extent than the sun) on Earth, and the Grineer are based on Earth, and have presumably built infrastructure without the tidal influence of the moon in mind. With the moon back, I have a feeling a large portion of that infrastructure is underwater.

Changes to the tides flooding large portions of the surface would be as good of a justification as any for an update to the Earth tileset, and it would be interesting if the Tenno and/or Corpus were to try and take advantage of the situation.

Thoughts?

A fresh Corpus or Infested offensive in the Grineer's home planet of Earth could be set in motion, and would have a high probability of success unless the Tenno were to become involved. With the return of the moon, I'd imagine the Grineer would be eager to consolidate control over a territory so close to their capital to prevent a Corpus or Tenno outpost from being established.

Edited by APBladeX

From what I understand, Grineer establishments/fortifications on Earth are actually pretty sparse due to the rampant growth of the planet's plant life. Vay Hek's attempt at mass deforestation with the Cicero Toxin was so that the Grineer could permanently lay claim to the planet.

Not that I'd mind revisiting Earth in some way. But the moon returning probably isn't a very big blow to the Grineer.