Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Processor Problems... Why ?

LordKenshi-EN-

So i have Intel i5 3.40 GHz processor and it takes too much CPU power why???
Basicly when i run lets say Warframe or Naruto Shippuden UNS Revolution it just jumps to 100% and i can't do anything...i have more then enough processor to run games but it takes 100% still....and it lags like crazy !
I thought it was virus or something which could be possible but i scaned whole computer with Avira and other anti-virus programs and i still get those 100%. Did anyone had similar problem or perhaps the same and did you fix it...it's really annoying and i can't play anything

What is your i5 specs?... i5-3340M 3.4 GHz? i5-3570K 3.4 - 3.8? i5-4670K 3.4 - 3.8?

If it's the laptop CPU that is i5-3440M you're out of luck, for the desktop cpu you could probably try overclocking it ( at your own risk ).

What is your graphic card and the ram usage?

Edited by crafturtoemc

What is your i5 specs?... i5-3340M 3.4 GHz? i5-3570K 3.4 - 3.8? i5-4670K 3.4 - 3.8?

If it's the laptop CPU that is i5-3440M you're out of luck, for the desktop cpu you could probably try overclocking it ( at your own risk ).

What is your graphic card and the ram usage?

The "M" is for mobile devices, ergo, laptops. He hasn't said that he uses a laptop.

Other than that, it is prolly a memory leak. Running warframe with an i5-4960K 4.50GHz - temps at 36 °C, never speeding up, 60FPS+

im not computer pro or something so ill ask this...could graphic card use power from CPU because i have integrity graphic card (Intel one it's pretty S#&$)my graphic card used my RAM memory so my brother lowered that and maybe now its using CPU or something

GPU is fine

Btw when i bought this pc (1 year ago)everything was fine CPU usage was fine and everything and now its real problem

Edited by MoonHorse

That is odd.

What are you currently doing in Warframe when you see 100%? Is it during a long 40mins+ mission. Or are you just standing still in the liset?

If you are using the iGPU, your CPU should not come close to being taxed.

I suspect you might have a program running that is interfering with your games, Since it's only with games where you seem to have the issue?

For instance, i can see a "Gameoverlay..." process I thought that was the steam overlay at first, but the description does not paint it as belonging to steam. That program may not be the issue, but if you have other background programs running they could cause issues with Warframe.

Try running Warframe without any third party tool active (turning off the process monitor you are using too). Use the Task manager to check in the mean time.

Im just standing still in liset

And this happends to me in EVERY game i dont know why

Should I get my computer to the repair center or something so they can fix it or ?

If i log in into Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution omg ! its not playable and here is spec for that game :

and here i dont see why... i get like 1 fps most of the time 0 

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: 2.3 GHz Dual Core or AMD 
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: 512 MB video cards Pixel Shader 4.0 (Geforce 8xxx-ATI HD2xxx) 
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Storage: 8 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel i3-530, 2.93Ghz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz 
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: 1024 MB video card, Pixel Shader 4.0, DirectX10 GPU 
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Storage: 8 GB available space

The problem is, you have a Intel Graphics that is assembled in the CPU and 4GB ram.

System Idle Process is 99% BUT it doesn't actually use the 99%, it frees up when you need the resource.

You need a graphic card and more ram, certainly..

Edited by crafturtoemc

The problem is, you have a Intel Graphics that is assembled in the CPU and 4GB ram.

System Idle Process is 99% BUT it doesn't actually use the 99%, it frees up when you need the resource.

If thats the case i think i know how to fix that...

Thanks for the tips and help 

If your Hardware was failing, windows would generally start throwing up error codes of some sort.

I think it may just be a program you have running that is causing issues. I can't think of a reason why a game would force the CPU to 100% unless it was having issues executing its code ie. something is trying got hook into the game, but is doing it wrong, and to the detriment of the games performance (since the issue isn't isolated to warframe).

If not a program, there may be a configuration issue with your system. Though i'm blank as to what it may be - kinda hard to guess a system that's not your own ;)

Picture provided on previous page shows Warframe using 91%. 

If the iGPU were the bottleneck, the CPU wouldn't be getting taxed to that degree. Since the CPU is taxed, the choice of GPU is redundant, as that doesn't clear the problem at hand.

OP, if you know a buddy, or family member,  who is computer literate, get them to swing by and look at the system. Show them what is wrong, and tell them your CPU shouldn't be running at 100% for the games you've shown.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable with re-installing Windows (and all the draw backs, and benefits, that entails), re-install windows, install Warframe, but don't install any third party software. Test Warframe in as default a state as you can get windows to be in.