Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Slots For Weapons

Quanlain

After Baro's last visit, I came up with an idea of weapon exilus slot.
Our clan had quite a big discussion about the "Bane" mods that Baro brought us. Since we already had elemental damage (Radiation, Magnetic, etc) those bane mods would cost us one more slot in the weapon. I don't know people using Bane mods over (or with) elemental mods, just because there are more useful mods.

There are some mods, that are not used a lot, because of slot consuming. (Mutators, Bane mods, Status chance mods, Etc.) So my suggestion is to make exilus slot for these utility mods.

That would boost modding potential pretty good. And Exilus Adapters would be much more useful.

Possible mods: Terminal velocity, Combustion beam, Sinister reach, basic status mods, Bane mods, Mutators.

Nope, sorry.

For the simple reason that DE have already shown they cannot help themselves with power creep.

Exilus slots on Frames now allow for more range and power.

It took what, the space of one update to lose sight of what Exilus should be?

We don't need more mod slots on weapons.

Also, your proposed mods already are not Utility, they increase damage.

Banes increase damage, combustion beam increases damage (to other enemies), status mods increase damage (Corrosive strips armor, fire inflicts DoT).

Anyway, it will probably happen seeing how things are going!

Then we will all cry for more challenge.

Anyway, it will probably happen seeing how things are going!

Then we will all cry for more challenge.

Well, i think one more slot will come in handy for late game (sorties for example), And sometimes you need all the slots for weapons to make it handle lvl 100 enemies, but you still will have problems (Projectile velocity or ammo cunsumption for example). i could save one slot on my tonkor with it's terminal velocity and put up more fire/cold mods instead

• 2 weeks later...