Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Example Model Issues

NeonXTheWolf

Hey all, just started working with 3D modeling software to try my hand at making some new alt helmets. To make things easier, I attempted to open up the example warframe .obj files in the program I'm using, Zbrush. However, every time I opened up the .obj file for the 6 added warframe files (chroma, nova, zephyr, ect) they all became grotesque and distorted like the image below, which was supposed to be the Chroma file. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a common problem with the software or just the models.

I'm using the latest version of ZBrush, and when I open the models for Chroma and such, It tells me there are unused vertices, and asks if I want to open the file with or without them. Either way, the same thing happens, leading me to believe it is a problem with the models. Also, the original warframe models (Volt, Excalibur, and Mag) all work fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Image: http://imgur.com/NlCIOi4

Edited by NeonXTheWolf

This also happened to me but the way I solve it was quite easy. The way I fix it was importing it first to 3d max, export the mesh,in the export menu theres a tab that says "none" ,in that tab put zbrush and that should do it.

Hope it helps tenno. :D

You can import the Fbx into Zbrush and you won't get this problem. What Soirun says works as well.

I do have another related question though, the original obj files have groups information that separates helm and body in the tennogen but when i export an obj form a fbx i loose that, making everything on the same group on the tennogen. Can you tell me how to solve it?

I'm not sure if obj. files keep material information the way fbx does.  I think its just material assignments that separate the two groups.  So just make another material if you don't already have in your 3d program, then assign it to either the helmet or the body.  Then even if you re-export as one whole piece, you'd still have the two materials separating the two.