The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie 3 - Performance Issue Before Server Issue - Not A Complaint

(PSN)Xurokhan

Question

Did anyone notice the severe drop in performance during the sortie today?

I don't think that the consoles could handle all that dense fog, the insane amount of enemy spawns, specters and abilities going on. The last 6 waves were a performance nightmare.

Did anyone else experience this?

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

8 answers to this question

I believe everyone did! We still made it, but after some serious struggle with the fps drop!

Okay. Great. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Perhaps DE can take a look at this and make some changes. I think the fog effect and the mass of enemy spawns had much to do with it.

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

I believe they're already figuring it out! DE is not the type that leans back and do nothing! Trust me!

I'm sure they are! I figured that I would start a thread to figre out how wipes spread it was. I first thought that it might have been a host isssue, but that didn't seem likely because of other factors. Hopefully everyone was able to finish. Those last few waves were ridiculous with all the fps drops.

Although I've been moved to a players helping player subforum... never quite understood that logic when it's clearly a performance issue to be acknowledged by DE and not something that another player can solve. Shouldn't this be moved to a different area if it must be moved? Being that it's a technical issue.

*sigh*

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

yeah, it got kinda laggy with the fog, 4 players with Explosives, their Companions, Several Specters, a ton of energy Pads, about 6 huge Frost Globes and all those enemies including Fire Eximus units all on the battlefield at once.

I feel sorry for those who got booted by the servers, but let's face it, you weren't gonna get a Legendary Core anyway!

Although I've been moved to a players helping player subforum... never quite understood that logic when it's clearly a performance issue to be acknowledged by DE and not something that another player can solve. Shouldn't this be moved to a different area if it must be moved? Being that it's a technical issue.

*sigh*

Thise is the reason why....: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/593292-login-issues-11012016-investigating/?p=6713059

It was already acknowledge and fixed. :)