The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exact Details Of Consequences.

Knightmarez

Question

I take my ghost clan very seriously, can someone link me to the exact details of what does and does not happen when you join an alliance?

Can anyone come to my dojo and edit my buildings? Can anyone come to my dojo without a key?

What game-play modes are unlocked?
Can i be kicked from a clan at any time?
Can an alliance leader kick my members from my clan?

I'm an EVE online player, I want all the details.

5 answers to this question

I take my ghost clan very seriously, can someone link me to the exact details of what does and does not happen when you join an alliance?

Can anyone come to my dojo and edit my buildings? Can anyone come to my dojo without a key?

What game-play modes are unlocked?

Can i be kicked from a clan at any time?

Can an alliance leader kick my members from my clan?

I'm an EVE online player, I want all the details.

To answer your questions.

1. Only your members with architect privileges can edit your dojo.  Your clan dojo is not freely accessible by alliance members.  In order to enter your dojo,  they MUST be invited by one of your clan members.  If none of your members is there to host the dojo, they can not enter your dojo. They do not have the ability to go in uninvited.

2. There are no special game play modes unlocked by joining an alliance.

3. If you are clan warlord, you can not be kicked from your clan by members outside of your clan. If you are not clan warlord, the only person that can kick you is your clan warlord.

4. Alliance leaders can not kick members from your clan.

standard rule no one that's not in your clan can go to your dojo or edit/place buildings

not sure on game modes

only the leader of your clan or those with the authorization to do so in you clan can kick people from your clan, alliance members can not kick from other clans in alliance.

no alliance leaders can't kick people from your clan, alliance leaders can only kick clans from the alliance

any other questions just ask

1) Only clan members that you have given permission to make edits to your Dojo, begin research, contribute, etc, can do so. Alliance members can not. 

2) As with all other members, Alliance members can only be brought to your Dojo through a direct Invite from one of your Clan Members.

3) No new gamemodes are unlocked.

4) If you are the Founding Warlord of your Clan, you cannot be kicked from it. If you are not, only clan members of higher rank than you with kick permissions can do so.

5) Alliance leaders cannot manage another Clan within their Alliance.

Basically, what happens when you join an Alliance, is you own an 'Alliance Vault', similar to your Clan Vault, but is shared across all Clans in your Alliance. You are also given access to an Alliance chat that all members in your Alliance can chat in. 
When/ if Dark Sector Armistice's end, you can drop Solar Rails on nodes and battle for supremacy with your Alliance. They are allies that cannot work against you.

You are also given access to any custom Alliance Emblem the Alliance holds, and can be worn on your Equipment.

Moved to Players Helping Players.

I have another perspective:

Joining an alliance gives you:  

1 - a larger pool of people to run missions with beyond clan, without the insanity of the spamfest that is recruiting chat.  

2 - a new chat tab for alliance chat

3 - when solar rails are reinstated, alliance leaders can distribute alliance resources to individual clan vaults, potentially providing all the needed items for funding rooms/decorations/research, but this function is now effectively "turned off".

NOTHING else is different.