The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Berserker A Viable Option For Orthos Prime?

Akraken

Question

4 answers to this question

most of the time, i only go for berzerker when the base crit chance of the weapon is at 15% or above, cause atleast with 15%, i can bump that up to 24%, and i'll crit 1 in 4 attacks

i'd suggest just going for raw and elemental damage

Actually, Orthos Prime's benefit is its obscene reach... but that means it CAN proc berserker reliably enough. Even without True Steel.

10% is not an issue when every swing hits half the room. That is, if you have Primed Reach R8+. Although Reach is still great on it.

I would advise against a channeling build, though. Channel drains PER ENEMY HIT. So one swing of the Orthos will drain you dry. Channeling builds are rarely ever good, and if they ever are, it's on short ranged single target high damage weapons - Tekko, for instance, or Dragon Nikana.

Actually, Orthos Prime's benefit is its obscene reach... but that means it CAN proc berserker reliably enough. Even without True Steel.

10% is not an issue when every swing hits half the room. That is, if you have Primed Reach R8+. Although Reach is still great on it.

I would advise against a channeling build, though. Channel drains PER ENEMY HIT. So one swing of the Orthos will drain you dry. Channeling builds are rarely ever good, and if they ever are, it's on short ranged single target high damage weapons - Tekko, for instance, or Dragon Nikana.

I did a channeling build and it works just fine. orthos prime is not really endgame though so stick to enemies below 40. Its pretty much a 1shot per enemy and with all the channeling mods its only 1 energy per hit.

I did a channeling build and it works just fine. orthos prime is not really endgame though so stick to enemies below 40. Its pretty much a 1shot per enemy and with all the channeling mods its only 1 energy per hit.

I'm sorry to tell you but Orthos Prime is extremely good melee regardless of enemy level. Maybe it won't 1 hit kill level 100+ heavy units, but it will still kill then really fast. I have had zero issues with the weapon. Orthos P works perfect in any content this game offers. It definitely is end game material.

Edit:

The biggest benefits of Orthos Prime is the mobility combined with its other aspects. You can fully control all your movement directions and speed perfectly at any given time. This makes skilled Orthos users fly around the map like hurricanes destroying everything on their paths.

10% is not an issue when every swing hits half the room.

^this

When I run Orthos Prime I literally NEVER run out of Berzerker procs.

My build:

Shimmering Blight

Primed Reach R10  ;;;  Fury               ;;;  Berserker ;;; Shattering impact

Virulent Scourge      ;;;  Vicious Frost ;;;  Buzz Kill   ;;; Pressure Point

This build literally works everywhere. There is also plentiful of ways to change this to better fit specific factions, but I haven't found any need really.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll