Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitmarker Sound

Torhque

Toggleable
Before you freak out, I will emphasize that I would want it to be optional. You would enable/disable it. Your call.

Why?
I've been using and Forma-ing my Ignis lately. A lot of the time it doesn't feel like I'm dealing damage or hurting anything. This probably isn't limited to just the Ignis. There are various Continuous fire weapons.

I understand
That the damage numbers appear, but [regarding continuous weapons] that isn't enough. For me, at least.

Inspiration
While using the Ignis, I thought back to playing as the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 (TF2). TF2 has the option to enable a hitmarker sound cue for when you deal damage to another player. A ding sound rings each second the flamethrower deals damage over time. Every weapon makes the ding sound when enabled, but yeah.

Suggestion

Create a subtle hitmarker sound that can be toggled in Gameplay settings. You could possibly add a slider for the volume of it. TF2 went all out and added pitch values for varying sounds between normal damage and critical damage. I won't request all that fanciness lol. Also, you don't need to make it a loud ding! noise. Make it Warframey.

Thoughts?

I want a MLG option that make the hitmarker sound & visual, and a "OH" when you kill someone and some huge sound when you kill a lot of enemy in a single shot. Plus a "OH MY GOD" or "wow" when you hack.

No seriously, i don't see the use but still +1, shouldn't be hard and could be handy for some people.

• 2 weeks later...