The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About A Couple Weapons.

xTrimmZ

Question

1. Tonkor.

Since I got it a couple days ago, I've been in love with it. I loved the penta, but that love died when I realized that the main reason I ran out of revives was that a penta grenade bounced off something and hit me in the face, so I love that the tonkor doesn't do self-damage. Here's my question though-

Am I gonna NEED to forma this gun for it to be as end-game as I'd like it to be? I've got zero forma on it and it still one hits everything until they get to be above level 50. Also, when it comes to soloing a t4 interception, would adhesive blast give me an advantage? Or would it not matter?

2. Soma Prime.

This was the first prime primary I've ever gotten, and I like it quite a bit. But here's my question; can this even be an end-game weapon? It's absolutely amazing until maybe wave 20 of a t4 defense. After that, even with the ammo mutation, it runs out far too quickly.

3 answers to this question

To max everything out for the tonkor you will need to forma the weapon. It will become a better weapon with max serration, heavy caliber and split chamber. Along with vital sense, hammer shot and point strike you'll need extra slots if you want to put two elemental mods onto the weapon.

I personally prefer to use other weapons to the soma with crit build and an elemental damage with buff frames it will do well high level but then again my most used primary is the boltor prime :p

Hope this helps

As with all other weapons, they become so much better when forma'd.

The Tonkor can easily become endgame, but it will require one or two forma.

As for the Soma Prime, it is THE endgame weapon if you like automatics.  Our Clan's Arbiter, Rakawan, has a Soma P that can take down Sentient Battalysts in no time flat.  No idea how he built it or how many formas it took, but if you'd like to know I'm sure he'd be glad to tell you. Try PMing him in-game and ask (just be sure to tell him I told you to ask).

Soma Prime is pretty great if you're not facing Armor,

so against high level Grineer / Void you'll want something like 4x CP.

Consistent headshots (dem double crits) significantly improve its ammo economy,

if you want a spray 'n' pray weapon, there's e.g. Ignis, Kohm (yay to both) or the Boltor / Gorgon variants.

I also really like the Braton Prime, an all-round great gun that not least

can evaporate Armor rather easily with its high status chance & fire rate.

Really, pretty much any gun can do well in "end-game" if you mod (and multi-Forma) it right.