Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Craft Times.

BananaDolphin

I'm not sure how many times this has been mentioned, but I know I'm not the only one who is frustrated by the 12+ hour wait time when you craft something in the foundry. Sure, you can just rush it with platinum, but that stuff is expensive. Also, why waste you platinum on rushing it when you can use it for warframe slots, weapon slots, and potatoes? Also, we have high-tech ninja robots that sleep in cryotubes, you would think the Tenno had equipment to makes the weapons faster.

I think I know where you're going with the craft times, but it's a little too obnoxious. If you don't want them gone, I'm sure we could all agree that they could be lowered by like, 8-10 hours. When I finally get all of the supplies I need to make a weapon I've been trying to get for like, a week, I don't exactly want to wait for 12 hours before I can use it, you know?

At the least, assuming you get all of the components and supplies for the components, it takes a minimum of 3 1/2 days just to craft a Warframe. This is a little outrageous, considering the fact that it's almost impossible to receive the Helmet, Chassis, and System for a Warframe, as well as all of the materials needed to craft them, within the same day. On average, considering how much the RNG hates the players, it would take around a week to get everything to need to make a warframe, plus the 3 1/2 days that it takes for everything to craft. You can't tell me that this isn't, at the very least, a little frustrating.

TLDR; I feel that the 12+ hour wait after you craft something is obnoxious, and it should be removed or lowered.

Edited by BananaDolphin

As you posted yourself; you can opt to rush it for platinum, giving DE some money for the otherwise free game.

Everything is available for free; convenience and aesthetics costs money, that's the business model with which DE makes more content.

I don't mind waiting personally (although I think I did rush 2 or 3 items when I just started playing)

As you posted yourself; you can opt to rush it for platinum, giving DE some money for the otherwise free game.

Everything is available for free; convenience and aesthetics costs money, that's the business model with which DE makes more content.

I don't mind waiting personally (although I think I did rush 2 or 3 items when I just started playing)

I see what you're saying, but again, if you spend all of your platinum on rushing, you wouldn't be able to afford the extra slots. To be honest, the wait isn't that big of a deal, it's just a tad bit annoying.

Its not a game you play for a few days and then stop. Everything has a long term goal or at least wants to have it.

I agree its annoying to wait sometimes, especially for FORMA, even if you have more than one FORMA you have to wait 24h for it to finish and THEN you can build the next one, why not all at once?

But that's how the game works at the moment, it's still in beta, so maybe this will change also!

Honestly, the wait times feel like they're there for two reasons.

1: To try and get people to spend money. (This is not a good example of f2p, this is the sort of S#&$ that really gets on peoples nerves)

2: To try and pad out the game. Currently there is almost no content, so having people wait 1-3 days to get items/frames will extend the amount of time they'll play, as they'll wait until the stuff is done baking until they go do more missions.

Personally, I don't mind the current craft times. At least most weapons I can start crafting when I go to sleep and they're done when I come back from work the next day. Also, we can craft everything at the same time given enough resources (last night I crafted four weapons). As for warframes, the crafting times are indeed high but so is their value.

That been said, I respect your personal opinion and can perfectly see how it is annoying for you. I just want to see where this thread goes.

Honestly, the wait times feel like they're there for two reasons.

1: To try and get people to spend money. (This is not a good example of f2p, this is the sort of S#&$ that really gets on peoples nerves)

2: To try and pad out the game. Currently there is almost no content, so having people wait 1-3 days to get items/frames will extend the amount of time they'll play, as they'll wait until the stuff is done baking until they go do more missions.

I agree completely, but I have a lot of impatient friends who have quit the game because of the wait times.

Uhh... 12 hours is not a long time. Set up your build when you go to bed, it is done when you come back home.

Even one day is not too long to wait for something good.

Only thing I rushed sometimes was the warframe component assembly, as the 3 days or 50 plat and I get the frame now was a bargain for me.

TL;DR: (For those who thing reading is boring):

12 hours=OK, NP

24 hours=OK, NP

3 days = Hmm... might be worth rushing.

I think the current craft times are okay except for the research components being 12 hours and 25 platinum to rush. That could be reduced considering they are crafting components that you can craft only one of each at a time and nothing else. At least warframes components are all seperate parts that you can just craft at the same time.

All research weapons take 24 hours to craft, so why add on more time? In some cases research weapons [Along with components needed to craft] cost more platinum to rush than warframes.

12 hours is fine by me. I do it before I sleep.

Get out of bed, head out to work and when I'm home, it's done.

As an ex-Eve Online player, I have spent 21 days for some skills to finish, so I think 12 hours is actually fine as it is.

Edited by fatpig84

Personally, I like the anticipation of it, waiting for it gives you a bigger sense of investment and accomplishment, as opposed to just getting it instantly. I know in games I've played where crafting is instant it actually feels kind of anticlimactic.

Personally, I don't see what sense of accomplishment just waiting for something could bring. I understand that things appear more valuable to the regular human being when they are hard to get, but we already have the resource gathering for that. Waiting involves no effort, so there is no reward in it for me. To each their own, of course.

As an ex-Eve Online player, I have spent 21 days for some skills to finish, so I think 12 hours is actually fine as it is.

Off-topic, but... as an ex Eve Online player, not having to pay a recurring fee just to get my &#! handed to me by some punk who bought all their gear with PLEX is already good enough.