The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Build - Vip Killer

Delasire

Question

Hey everybody!

I've always been a fan of Limbo but after playing casually for a year now I want to get better, and seriously think about my builds. So I need to share thoughts with you!

I've been thinking about a sort of VIP killer, the likes of "hey, there are a lot of baddies and a Corrupted Bombard. Pop up Rift walk, Rift surge, Banish on the Corrupted bombard and run straight to the fella". To do this I've made this build. It revolves around high efficiency while keeping the other stats at an average level. Constitution is here to negate the negative duration effect of Fleeting Expertise and for the super useful knockdown recovery. Vitality is a no-brainer and Natural talent is to speed up Limbo's abilities. Rush is out of discussion, I love that mod.

Here's the link to the build, if it doesn't work there's a imgur image.

http://goo.gl/FoV4wL

Direct link

http://imgur.com/dmbbhTN

Imgur image

Thanks in advance and have a good day :]

Edited by Delasire

10 answers to this question

I'd say lose the rage mod. With max efficiency and a prime flow, energy should not be a problem for you. If you've got the points, throw on Intensify in its place to get more damage from Rift Surge. Also, depending on the target, Corrosive Projection will be more helpful than Energy Siphon.

Should I get rid of Rage if I tend to go melee? (i have life strike on the Destreza, so I need to get the energy back, so far it worked fantastic). And of course, for high level grineer missions I put CP on.

I assume that you will max that energy siphon and not spend 3 extra for for no apparent reason. So this the is thing, with max efficiency a large energy pool is completely redundant so a maxed prime flow is doing nothing for you here. For the exhilus slot I can also recommend you take a look at this mod:

-snip-

Speed Drift

I personally use this on the exhilus slot because it helps both with casting speed on Limbos animations and increase his speed overall. I stack it with natural talent because moving between rifts needs to be as swift as possible. You could also lose Energy Siphon because as long as you spend any decent amount of time in the rift your energy will always regenerate, you could use something like enemy radar or corrosive projection in its place. Rage also falls in the category of not needed since limbo is pretty self sufficient when it comes to energy so you could move Rush here and stack it with Speed Drift. If you have an extra Fleeting expertise you could shave at least one more point to get you 10% more duration and you will still have max efficiency.

I'll try with normal maxed Flow, max efficiency with R4 fleeting expertise and that Drift mod, which looks awesome. And judging from what (also) OmegAmorbis said, Energy Siphon apparently will be replaced with some secondary, either CP or Enemy Radar. I'll let you know how this goes!

I would get rid of flow all together to be honest. with max efficiency and base energy pool of 225 you could cast cataclysm 9 times before you even run out of energy.

That's an interesting idea that I will surely test. Thanks again :]

Limbo doesn't have Energy problems, so doesn't really need Siphon or max Efficiency. Being in the Rift massively increases Energy regeneration, such that you'll likely have more than you can use. As such, it makes sense to use it to increase your defense with Quick Thinking rather than try to boost Limbo's godawful defensive stats. Moreover, if you really want to make an assassin out of him, you want some Power Strength in there to boost Rift Surge.

Try this build...

Corrosive Projection, Rush/Speed Drift (Exilus)

Narrow Minded, Primed Continuity (or Constitution), Fleeting Expertise, Natural Talent, Intensify, Transient Fortitude

Quick Thinking, Primed Flow

Keep Rift Walk up at all times unless picking up loot. Keep Rift Surge up at all times. Use Cataclysm to protect an objective, or place it in high traffic area. Cover Cataclysm area with aoe weapon from a distance while in Rift Walk. Use Banish and melee Ground Finisher to execute single targets.

Use Ankyros Prime or Redeemer with Finishing Touch. Use aoe weapon such as Torid, Quanta (Vandal), Secura Penta, Tonkor etc.

This may be of some interest...

Energy siphon,

Limbo is a siphon himself

Maxed fleeting + maxed streamline,

90% efficiency while is capped at 75%, not talking about the duration % you wasting, id say 20% (you using Constitution wasting a mod slot and 13 capacity to get 28% more duration). Ill honestly remove at all Fleeting Expertise

Continuity

Theres a primed version, but honestly i would use Narrow Minded as Limbo dont need all that range

In the end.. Limbo is a walking around siphon, he got a lot of energy pool, replace one of that useless mods with Quick Thinking and you will get benefits for sure

Edited by (PS4)KrakenUnchained

-snip-

You have maxed out Fleeting Expertise and Streamline. Your capped Effficiency is +75% or 175%. so you should have a R3 Fleeting with your maxed Streamline, or R4 Streamline and Fleeting Expertise, to save points.

Rush isn't really that necessary, I would replace it with:

SpeedDrift.png

This will take less mod space, and further make casting abilities faster in combination with your Natural Talent. 

Should also, might as well replace Continuity with Primed Continuity. 

Seeing as you have those efficiency mods, I'm not really sure you need Primed Flow. Being in the rift through Riftwalk/Cataclysm restores energy as well, and this effect combines with Energy Siphon aura. 

Limbo is mainly for Utility and CC in my opinion. So just bring the appropriate weapons to help you along with your abilities.

Edited by VoidWraith

I assume that you will max that energy siphon and not spend 3 extra forma for no apparent reason. So this the is thing, with max efficiency a large energy pool is completely redundant so a maxed prime flow is doing nothing for you here. For the exhilus slot I can also recommend you take a look at this mod:

SpeedDrift.png

Speed Drift

I personally use this on the exhilus slot because it helps both with casting speed on Limbos animations and increase his speed overall. I stack it with natural talent because moving between rifts needs to be as swift as possible. You could also lose Energy Siphon because as long as you spend any decent amount of time in the rift your energy will always regenerate, you could use something like enemy radar or corrosive projection in its place. Rage also falls in the category of not needed since limbo is pretty self sufficient when it comes to energy so you could move Rush here and stack it with Speed Drift. If you have an extra Fleeting expertise you could shave at least one more point to get you 10% more duration and you will still have max efficiency.

Edited by S0V3REiGN