The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Op Definition Which True And False?

DJQ112

Question

like OP warframe/weapon only on single enemy type and the same goes for OP warframe/weapon which are op on all type's enemy..? becuase i dont get is OP for 1enemy type and 4enemy type the same definition of overpowered or not ?

like mag prime with second skill on corpus is kiling machine but on infest/grinner nothing good .. so this is OP or not .. ?

11 answers to this question

While the topic is a bit difficult to decipher, the honest opinion that springs to mind is that every weapon or frame up for OP status is still subject to a very situational debate. While Mag has a wonderful way of dealing with shielded enemies, it is far from perfect and does not always affect every enemy in range. The same could be said for other frames and weapons,,, for every weapon or frame that I am aware of, certain enemy tactics can neutralize the benefits.

but whats the use of OP for mag .. if on infest/grinner 3-4 times needs to use skill to kill mobs but on corpus 1-2times .. from what i see thats not OP ..
on excalibur exalted blade i understand thats op on all goes 1-2hit kill .. but mag nothing like that .. so why is op mag .. ? this dont understand at all..

Different tools for different jobs.  Mag is OP against Corpus and therefore sees a lot of use there.  Not so much against other factions and that's why people use different frames against them, ones that are OP against those factions but maybe not so good against Corpus.  I would love to see her reworked to actually be balanced against all factions and not be so OP or useless, but I guess there is a certain irony that she is 'polarised' like that.

According to the late developer decisions, if it's able to clear the starchart missions fast It's OP.

Forget about armor scaling or void, they don't exist...

How fast is it to be considered OP? There are too many weapons that can do it with ease, even Gorgon family with proper modding.

Warframes = OP ---(no problem the game is called Warframe)

Weapons = OP ----(problem game is not called Tonkorframe)

I don't have a problem with single shot OP weapons skill is still involved...as to where the old sonicor simulator and new lame tonkor.....point and shoot, seriously have some pride.....

Mag vs grineer / infested is less about polarize and more about pull / crush. pull damages and drags the fight to you to gank with weapons or catch them all up in crush, crush is decent damage per tick and new enemies that get in range are caught up in it the following tick until it finishes, used right with a decent weapon or three she can make short work of any threats.

something is only truly OP if it cannot be Countered in ANY way. people say Mag is OP, and she is - against corpus only. put her on a Grineer/Infested mission and she's a mediocre CC frame at best.

People Say excal is OP, but he is still vulnerable to attack with Exalted blade active, especially from behind, where he can't parry.

people say Valkyr is OP, but without her invincibility, what does she have? no CC, No support other than War Cry, and a greater risk when meleeing enemies, which she HAS to do in her Ult mode, unlike Excal who can just swish from a distance and still kill easily.

people just throw those two letters around all the damn time, often not knowing what it really means. half the time it's just people who are salty because they didn't do the most damage on the team, and feel inadequate about it.

i just ignore it for the most part.

Sorry to be this guy, but, well, it's all subjective, so there really isn't a definition for it that can be reduced down to "if frame or weapon can do x, frame or weapon is op".  Therefore, it really just depends on a consensus.  Most definite one I can think of was Mesa pre-nerf (yes, it was a nerf, yes I'm happy about it, no I don't want to need a flame repellent mod, yes I would love to see it changed to be modified by secondary weapon mods, consistent with all other exalted weaponry), and there were still plenty of people who claimed she was "balanced".

i just ignore it for the most part.