The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Syndicate Medallions For Whoever Isn't Hosting?

VencirGan

Question

Well I guess I'll start with saying why doesn't my friend get any syndicate medallions and vice versa for me when I join his syndicate missions. 

Information (I guess)

- We're trying to do syndicate missions for the same syndicate but we're both different ranks.

- We've had them show up before, and sometimes they flat out don't show up for the one who isn't hosting.

- We have tried it on Public, Invite only, and Friends only. (We haven't tried it on public recently)

- Why does it do this, its a cooperative game.

Questions

- Is there any way to fix this so me and my friend can actually do Syndicate missions w/Medallions?

- If we cannot fix this, why is there even an option to play them in a squad?

- Why doesn't it just pick up for everyone instead? Anyone else think it should? I mean, I'd understand locking certain players out of missions because they support the other syndicates, but we have the same exact syndicates..

Comments (I guess)

We've been extremely aggravated with this, honestly I have trouble typing this up without including my pure rage into this. This has been off and on, and I'd love to do syndicate missions with my friend.. If I can't, I'm not gonna bother with it, and honestly the few things left to do besides level stupid weapons I don't want to level or even try.

10 answers to this question

While you say so, it is effectively what you are doing.

Since Medallions worst case grant 4k standing per mission (8 medallions x 500 for all worst medallions) making medallions make up of 25-50% of standing daily, having access to lower ranks missions medallions would give you another set of max rank dailies worth of standing in medallions, thus double dipping.

While it would be nice to get medallions on lower rank dailies, it would encourage certain people to make alt accounts to sit at certain rank, inviting to them for optimal standing gain or ask for platinum for invites to said lower rank missions for extra potential standing.

Qiuck edit: You can do the missions with each other but just can't pick up the medallions from different rank syndicate daily, once you both get to highest rank this issue solves itself.

Well, Yes. Technically we are, but we're not. We do not do his missions. Today we tried because it wasn't allowing him to get anymore medallions. At this point, any time we tried today would be "Double dipping" IN all reality it would only be if we did it before which we were not.

We were testing to see what was going on. I'm not going to bother leveling syndicates anymore then. I love searching around but its stupid and boring by myself. 

Fact stands, we haven't been trying. It was just the syndicate levels and that was the problem.

For it not picking up for everybody... people would just start a public mission, AFK in a corner, and wait for somebody else to join, find the things, and finish the mission for them.

But yes, medallions not showing up randomly for non-host players is annoying.

- We're trying to do syndicate missions for the same syndicate but we're both different ranks.

It's because of this.  Effectively, you're trying to double dip, and the game doesn't allow it.  Ran into the problem with my friends a month or so ago.  You shouldn't be getting anything but bonus rep for the missions not for your rank as well, iirc.

Edit:  Rereading, "double dip" can sound kinda accusatory.  Not meant that way, merely factual.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

It's because of this.  Effectively, you're trying to double dip, and the game doesn't allow it.  Ran into the problem with my friends a month or so ago.  You shouldn't be getting anything but bonus rep for the missions not for your rank as well, iirc.

We're not trying to double dip, we're trying to do my missions, and he tags along since I generally host. It wouldn't make any sense if it was caused  by that. We tried to do his missions because it didn't allow him to get medallions. 

Is there any way to fix it? Or will it simply just never work again for us? I wonder if he tried doing his missions at some point..

Edited by RaukLee

We're not trying to double dip.

While you say so, it is effectively what you are doing.

Since Medallions worst case grant 4k standing per mission (8 medallions x 500 for all worst medallions) making medallions make up of 25-50% of standing daily, having access to lower ranks missions medallions would give you another set of max rank dailies worth of standing in medallions, thus double dipping.

While it would be nice to get medallions on lower rank dailies, it would encourage certain people to make alt accounts to sit at certain rank, inviting to them for optimal standing gain or ask for platinum for invites to said lower rank missions for extra potential standing.

Qiuck edit: You can do the missions with each other but just can't pick up the medallions from different rank syndicate daily, once you both get to highest rank this issue solves itself.

Edited by Patemaani

What my buddy and I did was do all 6 of our respective missions together, before we used up our bonus rep.  The bonus rep from most of them isn't much, but at least it's something.  Also, in general, I just don't worry about medallions.  If I run past a spot where I know there could be one I take a quick look, but searching for them?  On every mission?  Every day?  Good Lord, I would have burned out after a week of that, tops.  Syndicates are a great way to pay for potatoes though.  Just let your bonus rep carry you through for a while - those missions, like constant farming focus, are a great path to frustration.

Yea, I don't know. Its weird. It worked yesterday, but not today.. I don't understand at all, maybe it was the same daily? I don't know though.

I'm pretty convinced that there's some kind of link between your rank and a medallion.  The same intermittent thing used to happen to me, I got suuuuuuuuper angry at it, and just swore off medallion farming until I was max level.

Because:

Buddy: found one! *drops waypoint*

me:  oooo cool! *runs halfway across map to stare at a whole lotta waypointed nothing*

except, seemingly randomly, there would be one there, just often enough to keep me walking to them

Me, after I passed him in rank: found one! *drops waypoint*

Buddy:  oh ok cool *runs halfway across map* *buddy has left the party* *buddy is no longer online*

Medallions do not show up for anyone who joins a mission after it's initial landing AFAIK. I am full negative with New Loka but when I entered a mission with a friend I got all their medallions.  A different friend who joined a bit later could not see any of the medallions.  Even the marked ones did not show up on his HUD.