The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Higher Level - Synoid Simulor

Capetoider

Question

I have a Synoid Simulor, was using Mirage and I'm having a little trouble in the Void (Gunner and Bombard mainly) after they get to lvl 110... it started taking too long to kill, specially after lvl 120 and even more the eximus...

(with Trinity the trouble starts a little earlier)

Didn't have CP, so was using Corrosive+Cold in a Crit Build...

Then, after never ever seeing a CP alert, just bought the damn thing and started reading how to push it a little more, but couldn't get to a conclusion...

Being able to play that long to actually test only on the next weekend... my question is:

For that kind of level... now with CP...

Should I keep the Corrosive+Cold? Go Viral+Ele/Heat (something I'm actually considering) or Radiation+Cold(damn polarities)

My carrier have his sweeper with +/-55% status chance and he is Viral+Radiation, when it procs viral it really helps a lot... but then again... need to be too close for that...

I can also try to take out the Crit mods and go raw damage, and then could go Corrosive+Blast or Viral+Radiation (at the cost of no damage spikes)

Not sure if I have the polarities, but... going status in the simulor worth it? I have Thermite and Rime, and wouldn't be hard to get the Toxin one... and maybe farm Hive for the last one... (at least read in wiki that it drops from the caches there)

TLDR...

Corrosive+Cold(+Magnetic from SS) are good all across the void, but having a low proc chance... is it worth?

Viral+ele/heat(+mag from SS) if it procs, now with that I finally have CP then maybe they will go down faster...

18 answers to this question

That's all good and dandy unless you're Mirage.

With Mirage you want that split chamber, because that way you can click once and directly create the singularity. It's an amazing capability whose damage potential is unrivalled. I have a friend of mine who runs that setup, even with a Tonkor i'm hard pressed to match his kill speed, while others i've met with the no split chamber build get invariably left behind.

Gee, I don't know, there's that 0.1% chance of it not making a vortex with one trigger pull, don't know if it's really reliable enough to build around >.>

DERP I really should've figured this out on one of my favorite frames with my favorite gun.  Thanks.  I'm going to go find my brain now, I'm going to need it since school just started back up >.>

Are you using Hall of malevolence and (cant remember the name) the third skill? If I'm going solo with Mirage I built her for strength and duration, I've gone for 60m T4S and then get out because it gets pretty hard to survive

^

Hall of Malevolence and Eclipse, built for strength and duration, you should be crushing things at that level.  The damage buff with Eclipse and a spooled up HoM should easily be shredding them, while making life easier with the crowd control you get from the vortex, and only needing two trigger pulls to make one.  1 and 3 definitely need to be constantly up on her though.

Do not take the crit mods off of the Simulor - they're amazing on it.  If you're having trouble with getting overwhelmed, the Simulor makes for a great status tosser - you might want to try Radiation and Toxin (great against bombards, not so much against gunners, but will get it done), and use 1 or 2 dual stat mods instead of 90% mods, focusing on creating choke points.

I'm lazy, so I usually run Rad/Toxin or Corrosive/Heat on one setup (just swap the position of heat and toxin).  Gets it done.  I just got out of the sortie, and my Chroma (the damage buff is comparable) was hitting crits for 850 thousand against level 85 enemies.  It's not the 120 you're talking about, but it should still get it done.  Of note, a crit from the Simulor was one shotting level 100 Napalms, and I was using the Corrosive/Heat setup.

Edit: Oh, and a Raksa Kubrow makes life so much easier than a Carrier.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

The crits/damage fall off with the Synoid no matter what you do. That is why i would pick the Tonkor over it. The Tonkor crits pretty much every single time. The Synoid doesn't always crit (with a crit build) and sometimes needs like 5 or 6 shots just to get a single crit.

Viral+Ele/Heat is the go to combo for 4xCP.

Edited by mrwald0

Not exactly. Trinity can also completely remove the armour off targets under the effect of Link throug its augment Abating Link. You di need at least 223% power strenght for that though.

Mostly i'd say you need to start farming or buying the corrupted mods for warframe.

You can also try oing status instead of pure damage with the Simulor. Normally i would advise against it but as a Mirage you have plenty of damage buffs available to you. So it'll be better in the long run to have status to nick off some armour.

My preferred build for a Simulor on a Mirage would be the usual hcal/crit one (serration, HC, crit chance and damage mods, split chamber) with three elemental/status mods to get corrosive and fire, to proc that Corrosive to reduce armour and to have some bonus against fleshy targets and some added CC capabilities (heat proc stuns targets real nice).

Other than that you just need more power strenght. And the Hall of Malevolence augment if you don't have it already.

My preferred build for a Simulor on a Mirage would be the usual hcal/crit one (serration, HC, crit chance and damage mods, split chamber) with three elemental/status mods to get corrosive and fire, to proc that Corrosive to reduce armour and to have some bonus against fleshy targets and some added CC capabilities (heat proc stuns targets real nice).

Really?  I thought this was a no no on the Simulor due to reducing the number of shots needed to make a vortex, thereby reducing the amount of stack explosions you get.  

That's all good and dandy unless you're Mirage.

With Mirage you want that split chamber, because that way you can click once and directly create the singularity. It's an amazing capability whose damage potential is unrivalled. I have a friend of mine who runs that setup, even with a Tonkor i'm hard pressed to match his kill speed, while others i've met with the no split chamber build get invariably left behind.

I do not use split on simulor. I've tried it extensively both ways and find it offers almost nothing to the weapon, but by freeing up the extra space offers alot more damage or utility. I also don't use crit chance on it, but crit damage instead. This one i'm not 100% sold on yet and still testing extensively but I find it crits pretty often for it's 10% chance and have no troubles with it. 

Build: Hcal, Serration, Vital Sense, vile acceleration, 4x 90% mods or 3x 90% + 60/60 depending on what i'm going against and if i want that extra status / combined elemental + single elemental.

This has easily carried me through any content, 90min t4 solos etc. As far as the lvl 110's not dieing quick, yeah that happens with pretty much any weapon at that point. Unless you have a group with 4x CP, their armor just scales absurdly high. You either get an aoe secondary with high status and strip it, or spam until they melt.

My build has 299% power strength, tested it against 20 level 105 heavy gunners in simulacrum and it melts them like butter. I think you need more power strength and hall of malevolence augment. Not sure if there is a cap where power strength stops to matter.

My build has 299% power strength, tested it against 20 level 105 heavy gunners in simulacrum and it melts them like butter. I think you need more power strength and hall of malevolence augment. Not sure if there is a cap where power strength stops to matter.

Is the augment really worth the slot? I was reading the wiki and it says there that no matter the rank, it caps at 20% (apparently a bug, since it stacks 10 times) and is based on their own damage (already reduced without enough strength)

Iirc the augment works just fine.

Wouldn't be the first time the Wiki is wrong (ie: Zephyr's Turbulence).

Interesting, i forgot about the augment honestly after reading the same wiki article. Looks like i'll have to pick it up and do some simu testing to see how much it helps and how long it'll take to ramp up to that point instead of using a diff mod in it's place.

How long does the damage buff last? Do you happen to know off the top of your head?