The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Repeated Crashing

majorcakey

I have been suffering for repeated crashes for the last few days(30 plus last night alone), costing me rare mods like pistol multishot and other shinny items but most notably is losing latron prime barrel, despair blueprint and a frost prime chassis blue print.

This is just poor because I have noticed 2 things, 1. only happening since patch 8 and 2. happens more often than not after objective has been completed so I cant rejoin, which for my own void missions is annoying enough but when playing with my two friends to hunt for prime parts its just aggravating. ( side note I did a account reset when the option was available again and since started playing as Vauban who is great but his ulti may be compounding the situation(needs a buff in damage I think as its not comparable but not for this topic))

Things I have noted and remembered now that I am not to annoyed and saddened by the loss of these parts and mods:

Doesn't have to be in a fight or near enemies it just happens

As stated before MOSTLY happens after objective is complete

Happens if I am hosting or not

Happens on ALL missions types and maps and even in the menus on occasion

Most of the time crashes to ticket launcher which i follow through but rarely think to get the WARFRAME-#####

Never had crashes before update 8

Happens with steam version and the version downloaded from the website.( You can do either but my thoughts were to try both and see if one was missing something)

With the steam version I have noticed that verifying the integrity of the game does throw up 55 to 65 files have failed and need to be reacquired, then steam proceeds to re download not just the missing files but the whole game.(fiber broadband here to save the day)

Turning of physx does to some extent reduce the number of crashes from every mission to allowing me to complete one or two before crashing again.

Also reformatting does not help

MY thoughts were that this was a memory leak or something to that affect due to the game playing up until a certain point and then crashing but this would have been apparent before hand prior to update 8.

But upon reading the forum alot of people are suffering from this and the way to allow them to complete 1 or 2 missions is to disable phys x, which leads me to believe that the problem lays with warframe and nvidia, as I have yet to see any AMD users having such a problem in the same timescale(not to say they aren't but since update 8 more Nvidia users are on the forums than AMD).

As for system specs:

windows 7 ultimate 64bit

i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz (tried @stock aswell no change)

2 EVAG gtx 670 FTW 2gb in sli (tried without also no change) tried with and without overclock no change. Latest driver version aswell as old ones have been tried none fix the problem

Asus z77 sabertooth motherboard

2x Muskin Chronos 128gb in raid 0 (tried on these and 2tb harddrive as some games have problems with SSDs)

2TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

16gb of Kingston Hyper X genesis @1903mhz(also tried leaving this stock aswell to no avail)

I have the computer to run nearly every game on the market today AT the highest possible settings with a ease, so I doubt it is that.

The only WARFRAME ##### I got was WARFRAME- 64823 but I did see 4 different variants of warframe- 6##### and warframe- 5##### I will continue to update this with more crash codes as I am certain I will receive more today and I will add ones with phys x on and with it off.

I hope this is detailed enough, I do enjoy this game and I have put time and money into it so I have done most of the leg work for you and will continue to do so IF you are able to help and work with me because it is not just me suffering but other players aswell, my thread just seems to have more details than others

Edited by majorcakey

Update turn phys x on played one round( went on solo and managed to not crash YAY) and closed game clicked on steam verified the game cache again and what do you know 55 files failed to verify. I doubt this is the problem but steam is not upto date with the version of the game so no matter what this would not fix your problem anymore than re installing would

Ok going onto the launcher (via steam or just the launcher from the website) clicking on the settings there and click verify download cache is the last thing I have tried and it seems to be working ok. Not sure if this has done it I am still playing but physx  is on.

But I am not happy about losing them items and I would like them back if possible

so it begins again warframe 67527 and warframe 67314

ALSO its has been a week nearly and my support ticket has not been responded to

i have an amd and im getting this as well so its not the graphics card.

this is my last code war-67304

Can both of you please try disabling DirectX 11 and Nvidia Particle and let me know if the game still crashes?

i have directx 11 off at the moment, thought it might help, and it kinda did but the game still crashes about every game and a half,

or half a match last crash had this, war65644

Edited by Azirel

i have directx 11 off at the moment, thought it might help, and it kinda did but the game still crashes about every game and a half,

or half a match last crash had this, war65644

Alright I've taken a look at your crash. I am noticing a pattern in the driver version for this specific issue. Can you please try updating your video card drivers?

their fully updated,  the only thing i can think of causeing some thing like that is that this game is trying to run off my cpus built in gpu.  Which would be odd.

war67685 

war-66852 

war-67693 

war-67967 is my latest one

As a suggestion could you make it so we can reconnect to private games regardless of completion of task

Edited by Azirel

their fully updated,  the only thing i can think of causeing some thing like that is that this game is trying to run off my cpus built in gpu.  Which would be odd.

war67685 

war-66852 

war-67693 

war-67967 is my latest one

As a suggestion could you make it so we can reconnect to private games regardless of completion of task

Have you tried disabling Nvidia PhysX Effects?

I'm pretty sure this is a programing bug, which would be bad considering I have the same 7950 and that the PlayStation 4 has.

I've been running Warframe on a Radeon HD 7950 since early February, with less than a handful of crashes in that time. The game is remarkably stable on my setup, considering it's beta software. I second the notion to run a lengthy memtest session. Having 16GB of it does not preclude the possibility of a faulting module/chip causing memory corruption.

warframe 68294

this one was with physx off 64bit off direct x 11 off and it still crashed

I notice that you have a rather large Samsung HD204UI hard drive. Is this the drive you used to install Warframe?

If so, can you please try installing Warframe on your C:\ drive and see if that fixes the issue?

Try this method once again with PhysX off, 64-bit off, and DirectX 11 off. 

Edited by DE_Dmitri

I had one crash today after the patch but it was your engine that went down. So I think k the patch took care of it, still upgrading my CPU fan, which will hopefully tale care of that.

Edited by Azirel

If you read my first post it stated that it was installed on both and neither solved the problem, currently it is installed on the C drive both steam's version and the one downloaded from the site and this is a clean install of windows. I have been looking at the forums and many different topics of people reporting crashes since update 8 so there must be a problem in that regard. Do you have a rough Idea as to what is causing and maybe i can find a way around my self because to me it is just driving me up and down the wall.